Death List 2022 (3 Viewers)

Bugsy

RiP Coolio

at least he lived to see 24

Last edited:

jimmyhillsfanclub

Gangstas paradise has a special place in my heart.......it was the tune of the summer when I arrived (on my arse with rucksack, UB40 & walkman) in Liverpool in 95....

Drunk on the back seat of the last bus back to Toxteth from town, I found myself joining in with the chorus as a dude further up the bus was rapping the whole lyric.....a few more joined in & that was it......I had been initiated into the first of many impromptu drunk sing-a-longs with strangers in this fantastic city of music.

I only know that song.....but RIP Coolio.

rob9872

Gangstas paradise has a special place in my heart.......it was the tune of the summer when I arrived (on my arse with rucksack, UB40 & walkman) in Liverpool in 95....

Drunk on the back seat of the last bus back to Toxteth from town, I found myself joining in with the chorus as a dude further up the bus was rapping the whole lyric.....a few more joined in & that was it......I had been initiated into the first of many impromptu drunk sing-a-longs with strangers in this fantastic city of music.

I only know that song.....but RIP Coolio.
Not quite the tune of the summer as not released until late October. Still, a nice made up anecdote to share.

rob9872

Wrong and wronger......podgy Tory farmer boy
Released in America in August. UK charts straight in at number 1 on 22nd October. Keep going with the insults but it doesn't make your bullshit story any more factual. If you could have added the whole bus clapped I'd have nominated for a DHOTYA. Shocking oversight.

rob9872

August from what I've just googled
No1 in October though.
Only in USA - perhaps it was an exchange student who immediately knew all the rap lyrics and brought them to a Liverpool bus ahead of its release :)

ProfessorbyGrace

RiP Coolio

at least he lived to see 24

Growing up in Hillfields, this is a tune I could relate to, back in the day. 🤣

Can’t say I remember much about 1995 except this song, our FA Cup run, being excited about John Salako joining us (but then being a bit of a flop) and the crap time I had at secondary school.

Besides all, respect where it’s due, it’s an iconic song and RIP Coolio. 🙏🏻

ovduk78

Kin hell. Just heard that. Shit day for motorcycle racing.

Phil raced when it was at it’s most dangerous too.
I have just seen an interview with Steve Parrish and he said in 1977 when he was Barry Sheene's team mate at Suzuki that he used to drive to the 500 gps & other races in Europe in a van containing his bike and equipment that was towing a caravan for him, his girlfriend & mechanic to sleep in!

thekidfromstrettoncamp

Looking up Chrissy Rouse whom i didn't know .I looked up older riders found the great Mick Halwood died in Warkwickshire in 1981 in an accident with a lorry fetching fish and chips A fortune teller in South Africa predicted his fate to within a year.A fact along with many others in a very good piece "Haunted by Halewood" for The Vintagent.

clint van damme

Looking up Chrissy Rouse whom i didn't know .I looked up older riders found the great Mick Halwood died in Warkwickshire in 1981 in an accident with a lorry fetching fish and chips A fortune teller in South Africa predicted his fate to within a year.A fact along with many others in a very good piece "Haunted by Halewood" for The Vintagent.

That's the danger when going to see a chipsy fortune teller

CJ_covblaze

He won’t be a household name to most but deserving of a mention. RIP Chrissy Rouse.
He rode for someone I know, Derek Sanders back in 2016. Sadly Derek’s son also passed away whilst racing 15 years ago. Can’t imagine what he’s thinking at the moment. 99% of the time it’s one of the best sports to be involved in. Times like these are the other 1%. The sport has lost so many great people over the last couple of decades. The naughties were particularly tough. Then in the space of a year Moto GP lost Simoncelli and Tomizawa.

Last edited:

skybluetony176

He rode for someone I know, Derek Sanders back in 2016. Sadly Derek’s son also passed away whilst racing 15 years ago. Can’t imagine what he’s thinking at the moment. 99% of the time it’s one of the best sports to be involved in. Times like these are the other 1%. The sport has lost so many great people over the last couple of decades. The naughties were particularly tough. Then in the space of a year Moto GP lost Simoncelli and Tomizawa.
So true. I’ve been following and watching motorcycle racing since I was young. Big fan of road racing especially thanks to the great Joey and Robert. Times like this are difficult but then you’ll watch an interview with someone like John McGuinness or my favourite current rider Davey Todd and just hear their passion for the sport and I’m right back to loving it again. Truth is I guess they all know the risks and still can’t stop doing it. I think you can only look at it as they lived doing what they loved rather than died doing what they loved.

CJ_covblaze

So true. I’ve been following and watching motorcycle racing since I was young. Big fan of road racing especially thanks to the great Joey and Robert. Times like this are difficult but then you’ll watch an interview with someone like John McGuinness or my favourite current rider Davey Todd and just hear their passion for the sport and I’m right back to loving it again. Truth is I guess they all know the risks and still can’t stop doing it. I think you can only look at it as they lived doing what they loved rather than died doing what they loved.
Agree. DJ’s quote in my signature sums that up.

skybluetony176

Agree. DJ’s quote in my signature sums that up.
That’s the other thing with the road racing. They’re all seem to be sons and nephews of former (and current in some cases) road racers, Hickman, Dunlop, Jefferies, Harrison, Fogarty. All 2nd generation racers.

Grendel

Two days ago saw the death of the charming Peter Tobin

Mr Tobin was a heinous serial killer convicted of the murder of 3 innocent girls. Highly likely there were many more and there was a strong suspicion he was the infamous Bible John. An Ian rankin Rebus novel was I believe subtly implying the same

Mr Tobin was a suspect in the Sarah Payne murder and was arrested in Coventry

Peter enjoyed 20 years full board at the taxpayer expense

Let’s hope he doesn’t rest in peace

Users who are viewing this thread