Death List 2021 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Bad weekend for sport.
Firstly Murray Walker quite literally the voice of a sport for so many years.
Now one of the greatest fighters of all time Marvelous Marvin Hagler passed at just 66. Destroyed several top British fighters in an illustrious career. Was a golden generation for middleweights.and the Leonard split decision which still gets argued about today.
I'll never forget watching the fight between Marvin Hagler and Alan Minter (who only passed away in Sept. last year). Disgusting scenes at the end. Such a shame. Tarnished boxing for a long time....
Remembering Alan Minter v Marvin Hagler: one of boxing's lowest moments | Sport | The Guardian

eastwoodsdustman

Hagler was the best of his generation and probably the best of all time. The War with Hearns was phenomenal.
it’s such a shame as by all accounts he was a very nice bloke with it.

oscillatewildly

I'll never forget watching the fight between Marvin Hagler and Alan Minter (who only passed away in Sept. last year). Disgusting scenes at the end. Such a shame. Tarnished boxing for a long time....
Remembering Alan Minter v Marvin Hagler: one of boxing's lowest moments | Sport | The Guardian
I remember watching the highlights on sportsnight all those years ago. Didn't know the outcome prior or about the after scenes. Really was shocking.
I was at the NEC for Pat Cowdell's title shot with Azumah Nelson in 1985. It was all over in a blink. The brummies and yam yams were not happy.
I don't recall any missiles being hurled into the ring but a large mob surrounded it stopping AN and his entourage from leaving it.
It took the re-emergence of Tim Witherspoon (Who'd been on the under card) to create space, shall we say!

clint van damme

I remember watching the highlights on sportsnight all those years ago. Didn't know the outcome prior or about the after scenes. Really was shocking.
I was at the NEC for Pat Cowdell's title shot with Azumah Nelson in 1985. It was all over in a blink. The brummies and yam yams were not happy.
I don't recall any missiles being hurled into the ring but a large mob surrounded it stopping AN and his entourage from leaving it.
It took the re-emergence of Tim Witherspoon (Who'd been on the under card) to create space, shall we say!

Azumah Nelson came to Highfield rd the week before the fight. Think we were playing QPR.
I remember the fight, bell went, I turned round to speak to my mate, turned back and Cowdell was spark out.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

It was one of my favourite ever moments on top gear, when she drove that transit van around the Nurburgring.

Really sobering that she's passed. R.I.P.

LastGarrison

John Magufuli.

The president of Tanzania who declared the country free of Covid-19 last year and refused to order the country any vaccines has, ironically, looked like he has died of Covid-19.

bringbackrattles

Don't know why I thought he'd already gone

RIP influential player , hell of a shot

Good article

It was said that Tommy English and Lorimer had the hardest shot in football. But Lorimer's shots were mainly on target ! I saw him play against us many times, and there was more to his play than his shooting.

Houchens Head

It was said that Tommy English and Lorimer had the hardest shot in football. But Lorimer's shots were mainly on target ! I saw him play against us many times, and there was more to his play than his shooting.
I was a big fan of Peter Lorimer many years ago. RIP

Sbarcher

Just noticed Danny McAlindon died on 8th March. Grew up in Cov and had some success in the ring but never made any real money and ended up on a building site after hanging up his gloves.

Houchens Head

Just noticed Danny McAlindon died on 8th March. Grew up in Cov and had some success in the ring but never made any real money and ended up on a building site after hanging up his gloves.
I'm sure he used to box at the Triple Triangle club in Tile Hill?

bringbackrattles

I wrote a piece on my Facebook page on his death. He came to Coventry aged 15 from Ireland, and made our city his home. I recall his title fight v Bodell at Villa Park, Danny sent the fans crazy that night with his display. Not the most technical of boxers, but matched that up with toughness and grit. I saw him in a city centre pub some years back, he got mobbed.

It’sabatch87

Although it was Leicester then Bolton and England enjoyed his silky skills on MOTD or Star Soccer on a Sunday with Hugh Johns.
RIP Big fella

Sbarcher

Chester Barnes - one for the oldies. Had his chop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread