Death List 2019 (1 Viewer)

tommydazzle

Just to show he hadn't lost it in later years. Wouldn't dare drive with this coming out the speakers - speedo would explode.

Gazolba

Scott Walker. Aged 76. Great baritone singing voice.
RIP
View attachment 11837
I remember him and his partners (not really brothers though) from the 'Walker Brothers' who were HUGE in the 1960's.
I still have a few records/tapes of theirs.
They were American but had their biggest success in the UK.
In the US they were overshadowed by The Richeous Brothers who sang the same songs with a very similar sound.
Only Gary of the trio is now surviving.

bringbackrattles

Bloody Hell! Only 56! That's no age! I'm 66 this year and struggling but still hope to reach at least mid 70's!
On the Windows a few days ago I asked a customer where was his missus, as I hadn't seen her for a few months? She is really friendly and I knew her for years. He said that she had passed away ! Brain haemorrhage aged 65, same age as me.
Shows you just never know !

clint van damme

that's why, 3 or 4 years, I'm off for as long as I can afford, South east Asia, Australia, New Zealand, India, any where I can fucking get to.
Won't have a pot to piss in when I get back and will have to work until I'm 80 but fuck it, just hope I last another 3 or 4 years to see it through!

tisza

Gutted about Ranking Roger. Saw the Beat more than a few times. That type of music very much part of my youth and of the Midlands music culture late 70s/early 80s.

OffenhamSkyBlue

Gutted about Ranking Roger. Saw the Beat more than a few times. That type of music very much part of my youth and of the Midlands music culture late 70s/early 80s.
Loved their music in the 80s, and saw them twice in the past ten years or so, both at pretty small venues (with his son Ranking Junior doing the toasting parts that Roger did originally). Roger's energy and enthusiasm and interaction with the crowd will live long in the memory. I thought he was a fair bit older, i must say. One year older than me, FFS.
RIP Rude Boy.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
that's why, 3 or 4 years, I'm off for as long as I can afford, South east Asia, Australia, New Zealand, India, any where I can fucking get to.
Won't have a pot to piss in when I get back and will have to work until I'm 80 but fuck it, just hope I last another 3 or 4 years to see it through!
Go for it Clint. Great attitude to life!

Houchens Head

I bet Ranking Roger was glad he didn't get a mention in "Life of Brian".

Astute

Go for it.

Had been planning to retire at 59 when my youngest is 18. But been having a think and might go at 55 and travel. Wife and kids join me when they can.

Just need to tell the wife now :bucktooth:

Houchens Head

Just had a letter telling me I'm getting the state pension in July. I'm 65. Thought it was 67. Anyway well chuffed. Get that football book written now !☺
I bloody love retirement BBR! I'm better off now than when I worked! Retire and chill out! You never know what's round the corner!

bringbackrattles

I bloody love retirement BBR! I'm better off now than when I worked! Retire and chill out! You never know what's round the corner!
Some of my customers said they won't let me retire, I will clean Windows till I drop.
But as much as I love my job I'm ready to call it a day now. I can still do the odd day anyway. My mate retired aged 58 and loves it, he said don't worry just chill out !

Captain Dart

Just had a letter telling me I'm getting the state pension in July. I'm 65. Thought it was 67. Anyway well chuffed. Get that football book written now !☺
The age increase is being staggered.

From 2019, the State Pension age will increase for both men and women to reach 66 by October 2020. The Government is planning further increases, which will raise the StatePension age from 66 to 67 between 2026 and 2028.

OffenhamSkyBlue

The age increase is being staggered.

From 2019, the State Pension age will increase for both men and women to reach 66 by October 2020. The Government is planning further increases, which will raise the StatePension age from 66 to 67 between 2026 and 2028.
Easy enough to look yours up at GOV.UK. Mine will be 67 (12 years and counting VERY hard!). Doubtless this will change for you youngsters. It won't be long before it is 70. But they can't force you to retire even if you're drawing your state pension, and many people might still want to work on (and carry on saving for their nest egg) even beyond that.

rondog1973

On the Windows a few days ago I asked a customer where was his missus, as I hadn't seen her for a few months? She is really friendly and I knew her for years. He said that she had passed away ! Brain haemorrhage aged 65, same age as me.
Shows you just never know !
Think I know who you mean BBR.

Johnnythespider

The one I'm talking about is Sue from the garage in Walsgrave. I knew her from childhood, she grew up with my sister.
I was getting a haircut today at the place I've been going to since i was a kid, anyway we were chatting when the barber said his sister had died a few weeks back, he said she was 65, i asked if it was sudden and he then said it was an embolism, i then realised he was talking about the same person and mentioned I'd seen it on here, he said her name was sue Ingram and that she had divorced her husband ( another story which i won't go into on here). Anyway the upshot is that he told me the funeral is Tuesday at 10:15 at Walsgrave church if you wanted to go.

bringbackrattles

I was getting a haircut today at the place I've been going to since i was a kid, anyway we were chatting when the barber said his sister had died a few weeks back, he said she was 65, i asked if it was sudden and he then said it was an embolism, i then realised he was talking about the same person and mentioned I'd seen it on here, he said her name was sue Ingram and that she had divorced her husband ( another story which i won't go into on here). Anyway the upshot is that he told me the funeral is Tuesday at 10:15 at Walsgrave church if you wanted to go.
Yes I heard about her husband's " behaviour" too. I was surprised at that to be honest. Doubt if I can make the funeral.
Sue was a good person, and I knew her mum well, cleaned her Windows and did painting jobs for her.

Johnnythespider

Yes I heard about her husband's " behaviour" too. I was surprised at that to be honest. Doubt if I can make the funeral.
Sue was a good person, and I knew her mum well, cleaned her Windows and did painting jobs for her.
Yes a real shame as from what he was saying she was just starting to build a new life for herself

Bernie Rhodes Nose

Music wise I have taken quite a hit this month. I have a bit of an eclectic taste and the death of Peter Tork and Ranking Roger has really sadden me. The Monkees were part of my childhood nostalgia. When I listen to the Beat I was always hear Ranking Rogers St Lucian parentage especially with tracks like 'French Toast' from their second studio album 'Wha'ppen?. I first saw the beat when they supported David Bowie at the Milton Keynes Bowl, their energy was brilliant. Nuff said... RIP Peter Tork RIP Ranking Roger.

OffenhamSkyBlue

I don't tend to get too upset about celebrities and musicians dying (stiff upper lip and all that), often wondering what the fuss is about, but Ranking Roger's passing really hit me. I guess having seen him perform so recently might have forged that bond.

Users who are viewing this thread