Death List 2019 (1 Viewer)

Captain Dart

Fashion designer Karl Lagerfeld dies, aged 85, in Paris, French media report

rob9872

Lots of people dying that I've never heard of on this thread.

Captain Dart

One of the few songs he did lead vocals on.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Peter Tork from The Monkees. 77 but has been battling cancer for 10 years.
Didn't Davey Jones peg out a few years ago as well? Only Mickey Dolenz and Mike Nesmith left then. I was quite a fan of theirs when I was a young teenager!

Gazolba

Didn't Davey Jones peg out a few years ago as well? Only Mickey Dolenz and Mike Nesmith left then. I was quite a fan of theirs when I was a young teenager!
I used to watch their television show, which was quite amusing, but would not have won any awards for dramatic art.
Mike Nesmith put out a couple of pretty good albums entitled "Mike Nesmith and the First National Band" and "Mike Nesmith and the Second National Band".

Gazolba

Peter Tork from The Monkees. 77 but has been battling cancer for 10 years.
Real name Peter Halsten Thorkelson
He must have been popular with women, he was married four times and had a child with a fifth woman.

Captain Dart

bringbackrattles

Happy birthday Rattles...raise a glass for many more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks. Although my ladder slipped today while I was up it. Luckily I was only a few rungs up,so got down sharpish. I had visions of falling down from the top on to concrete, and no more birthdays ! But hopefully I'll still be around to see us in the Premier League ?

lifeskyblue

Thanks. Although my ladder slipped today while I was up it. Luckily I was only a few rungs up,so got down sharpish. I had visions of falling down from the top on to concrete, and no more birthdays ! But hopefully I'll still be around to see us in the Premier League ?

I like a guy who is optimistic. Would be great though to see them again in the top flight.

Houchens Head

I like a guy who is optimistic. Would be great though to see them again in the top flight.

Two things I would have loved before I pop me clogs would be to see City back in the top flight and Pink Floyd reforming. One will be impossible and the other will need a new keyboard player!

Houchens Head

I only mainly know him from that Morecambe and Wise sketch, but what a thing to have on anyone's CV
Ah yes. Andre Preview. Telling Eric Morecambe he was playing all the wrong notes! Cheek! :emoji_grin:

Houchens Head

Got Meddle by Pink Floyd charity shop 90 pence. Just been listening to it, great album.
Vinyl? That was the very album that got me into Floyd nearly 48 years ago! Never looked back! I fell in love with "One of these days"!

OffenhamSkyBlue

Professor Lord Kumar Bhattacharya has died today aged 78. Many of you will have heard his name as a giant in the manufacturing sector, having founded the Warwick Manufacturing Group (WMG) at Warwick Uni in the 80s. WMG has been a major factor in the success of the university but also the automotive industry in Coventry and beyond.
"Lord B" was also instrumental in getting Tata Motors to invest in, and effectively rescue Jaguar Land Rover, and is the reason so many people are in a job today.

I didn't know him personally but i appreciate what he has done for the University, and his passing will leave a big hole.

ajsccfc

The fact they've only just named the new building and part of the road after him suddenly seems eerie. He's basically responsible for about a third of the buildings on campus now

OffenhamSkyBlue

The fact they've only just named the new building and part of the road after him suddenly seems eerie. He's basically responsible for about a third of the buildings on campus now
For those of us dealing with the other "hard up" departments it has been a little galling to witness the amount of cash spent on WMG, but a lot of that was down to his entrepreneurial spirit. Be interesting to see if they are able to maintain the momentum without him at the helm.

Houchens Head

Ah yes. Andre Preview. Telling Eric Morecambe he was playing all the wrong notes! Cheek! :emoji_grin:
Apparently, Andre Previn is still breathing.
It's just that his breaths are not necessarily in the right order.

Users who are viewing this thread