Dear Tim (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Dal

Hence the Judicial Review and any further lawsuits that are brought by CCFC and Sisu.

Can ACL/Higgs still sell the Ricoh and surrounding area to a third party whilst the JR is going on? I believe they can as there is no court order stopping this. I may be wrong.

Last edited:

Kingokings204

it is 100% about business- SISU are taking a longer aggressive view - in terms of killing ACL - acquiring the Ricoh and maximising returns
They believe the short term pain is worth the long term gain

Stop talking piffle. Why not rent the ricoh for 100k and no short term pain needed. None of this nonsense. Also what long term gain as no stadium will be built you fool.

Sky Blue Dal

If you are on a mobile device then I think it's in keyboard settings.

No Rich ... I am using IE 11. Could be the browser??? Keep getting "Auto save" pop up .. wonder if that is causing my problem.

I will switch over to Chrome... see what happens.

Thanks for the reply.

No Rich ... I am using IE 11. Could be the browser??? Keep getting "Auto save" pop up .. wonder if that is causing my problem.

I will switch over to Chrome... see what happens.

Thanks for the reply.

No it's the little spell check button. Top right of the reply box is ABC with a green tick. Hit that one and it should solve the problem.

Big_Ben

Not really, my mobility scooter is in for repair, my pension is late arriving, and I'm stuck indoors waiting for the Nurse to come and change my dressings. Have a lovely, active youthful day !

Pathetic but predictable! What makes you think that i'm not a pensioner too, because I certainly am. - Maybe it's because I have a more youthful outlook on life.

Sky Blue Dal

No it's the little spell check button. Top right of the reply box is ABC with a green tick. Hit that one and it should solve the problem.

Sorry mate, can't see "ABC" with green tick on top right of the "Reply" and "Quick Reply" box, but Chrome seems to behave correctly.

Looks like a browser compatibility issue, Will scrap IE, it always was a crap browser. Don't know why I used it.

Sky Blue Dal

Doesn't 5 years give ACL/Higgs enough time to sell the stadium and ground to another party.[/Q

Not worth very much without a football team playing there.
Said it before, sell to SISU and they will quickly move on.

You probably right ... not worth as much without a football team, but they can sure get much more for just the complex and its surrounding land if sold to the right developers than what Otium/SISU can offer or may have offered.

Ricoh can easily be converted from a football stadium to a multiple complex.

It can easily be converted into a a merry hill style shopping complex don't you think??

Sky Blue Dal

Not worth very much without a football team playing there.
Said it before, sell to SISU and they will quickly move on.

You probably right ... not worth as much without a football team, but they can sure get much more for just the complex and its surrounding land if sold to the right developers than what Otium/SISU can offer or may have offered.

Ricoh can easily be converted from a football stadium to a multiple complex.

It can easily be converted into a a merry hill style shopping complex don't you think??

Last edited:

RoboCCFC90

Doesn't 5 years give ACL/Higgs enough time to sell the stadium and ground to another party.

But according to the Council and the ACL (It's not a dig but a question) The Ricoh is a money making business, So why would CCCouncil and ACL sell it?

Sky Blue Dal

But according to the Council and the ACL (It's not a dig but a question) The Ricoh is a money making business, So why would CCCouncil and ACL sell it?

If an offer comes along which is too good to reject, the money they make from the sale can be diverted to other new investment projects within the city and also detach them from SISU/Otium.

As they said, the Ricoh is for sale for the right offer that would benefit the city tax payers.

To think that no one will want to buy a stadium without a football club seriously need to look at a bigger picture.

I have said earlier, the Ricoh arena has a potential be converted into a large shopping mall with the right investors.

Last edited:

lordsummerisle

If an offer comes along which is too good to reject, the money they make from the sale can be diverted to other new investment projects within the city and also detach them from SISU/Otium.

As they said, the Ricoh is for sale for the right offer that would benefit the city tax payers.

To think that no one will want to buy a stadium without a football club seriously need to look at a bigger picture.

I have said earlier, the Ricoh arena has a potential be converted into a large shopping mall with the right investors.

Nobody else is interested which is why they will have sold it to Sisu/Otium by February.

RoboCCFC90

To be fair Dal as per the comment from the Lord:

Nobody else is interested which is why they will have sold it to Sisu/Otium by February.

The Lord has a point, if it was such a good venture why didn't Haskell buy it when he had the chance or come back in for it since?

Captain Dart

The Lord has a point, if it was such a good venture why didn't Haskell buy it when he had the chance or come back in for it since?

Everyone who might be interested must be waiting to see how the litigation pans out.. they are not stupid enough to buy it when there is the risk of additional expense hanging over them.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

To be fair Dal as per the comment from the Lord:

Nobody is going to buy it with the Judicial Review hanging over it at the moment. Haskell or anybody else could not have bought it before, CCFC had the right to buy it at an agreed price that is my understanding.

RoboCCFC90

Everyone who might be interested must be waiting to see how the litigation pans out.. they are not stupid enough to buy it when there is the risk of additional expense hanging over them.

Nobody is going to buy it with the Judicial Review hanging over it at the moment. Haskell or anybody else could not have bought it before, CCFC had the right to buy it at an agreed price that is my understanding.

There was no JR when he was first interested in buying the club, why not buy it then? Plus when the Club filed for JR there was a rumour that Haskell was to buy the Arena within "Weeks" yet it never materialised?

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

There was no JR when he was first interested in buying the club, why not buy it then? Plus when the Club filed for JR there was a rumour that Haskell was to buy the Arena within "Weeks" yet it never materialised?

I think that was just a rumour I'm sure I read somewhere that CCFC had the right to buy the Higgs share before 2015 perhaps somebody can confirm

RoboCCFC90

I think that was just a rumour I'm sure I read somewhere that CCFC had the right to buy the Higgs share before 2015 perhaps somebody can confirm

Maybe so but I believe Haskell had prudent opportunities to purchase the Arena if he wanted to. Plus if Haskell was still interested in the Arena, why hasn't he made himself known to be so? Not illegal to do that during the JR process yet since August we have heard nothing?

Sky Blue Dal

Maybe so but I believe Haskell had prudent opportunities to purchase the Arena if he wanted to. Plus if Haskell was still interested in the Arena, why hasn't he made himself known to be so? Not illegal to do that during the JR process yet since August we have heard nothing?

He was only offered 50% I believe hence that may have put him off .. who know's.

You can't say no will buy it as the Ricoh has never been officially be put up for sale. correct me if I am wrong.

Voice_of_Reason

I am sorry that my opening post was considered by some to be "piffle" and to suggest "I had a sad life" - I just think it's shame that what was intended to bring some intelligent replies, upset one or two of you to the extent that their replies were aimed at ridiculing me.

Of course, you are entitled to do this, it's a Forum, but please do not underestimate my love for my club which I have supported since 1952, through thick and thin, that I'm inclined sometimes to wear my heart on my sleve.

Samo

I am sorry that my opening post was considered by some to be "piffle" and to suggest "I had a sad life" - I just think it's shame that what was intended to bring some intelligent replies, upset one or two of you to the extent that their replies were aimed at ridiculing me.

Of course, you are entitled to do this, it's a Forum, but please do not underestimate my love for my club which I have supported since 1952, through thick and thin, that I'm inclined sometimes to wear my heart on my sleve.

Feelin your passion VOR, maybe dont tell em your circumstances? Asks for spiteful nonsense!

Users who are viewing this thread