Dear Mark... (1 Viewer)

SkyblueBazza

Gutted the way this has turned out in the end, leaving in this way. I'm not going to pretend I know or understand any of the reasoning behind your going...it's a shame it's come to this really. I am upset, & disappointed, & even angry!

All I can say though is "thank you" for the most exhilarating 5months of the club's recent history.

Good luck with Huddersfield.

PUSB

Delboycov

Gutted the way this has turned out in the end, leaving in this way. I'm not going to pretend I know or understand any of the reasoning behind your going...it's a shame it's come to this really. I am upset, & disappointed, & even angry!

All I can say though is "thank you" for the most exhilarating 5months of the club's recent history.

PUSB

Why not just suck the money grabbing fecker off????

Mucca Mad Boys

PUSB

Why would you want him to be successful, that would be a vindication of his decision to leave, how funny would it be if they get relegated? How much MORE funnier would it be if we swapped places! Ah aha.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Why would you want him to be successful, that would be a vindication of his decision to leave, how funny would it be if they get relegated? How much MORE funnier would it be if we swapped places! Ah aha.
I think it would be funnier if we played them next season, they are on a bad run. We smash the twat 5-0 and then Huddersfield sack him

Now that would be funny

Sky Blues

PUSB

Funny, I was thinking of posting something with the same title.

Mine would have gone something like this:

Dear Mark,

Napoleon Bonaparte once said: "A leader is a dealer in hope."

Many of us Sky Blues fans are angry and upset at you right now. Deep down, most of us know football is a fickle business where many of those involved look for simple routes to success and the best financial return. In the cold light of day that is understandable; football careers can be nasty, brutish and short.

But you must understand you awoke something in many Coventry City fans that had lain dormant for nearly a generation. You kindled our flames of hope.

The embers of hope never truly go out and at certain moments they flicker briefly into life. For me, they glowed hot when Eric Black was here but our board quickly dampened them again.

But you, Mark, were different. You seemed to be the first real leader we've had for years. You were our dealer in hope. The embers were not just glowing, but the flames of hope were beginning to glow brightly for Sky Blues fans. We were close to Wembley. We were hunting down a play-off spot. We had a manager who seemed to know how to manage and seemed to speak with a refreshing honesty. We sung your name and stoked that fire.

Then, without warning and contrary to your professed allegiance to our cause, you threw a pale of water over that fire and walked away. I'm sure you have your reasons and they may be valid. But you, our dealer in hope, dealt us darkness once more. That is why we are angry and upset right now.

Delboycov

PUSB

Are you serious?? Do you realise he's just shafted us big time? Would you write a similar letter if your girlfriend had just gone off with a bloke from a slightly more affluent area?

Mucca Mad Boys

I think it would be funnier if we played them next season, they are on a bad run. We smash the twat 5-0 and then Huddersfield sack him

Now that would be funny

In the Capital One cup, 'oh MR, it could've been you!'.

I don't know why there was such a demand for MR, he hasn't actually achieved anything, I'm not being bitter, I think he has potential as a manager and could've achieved great things for CCFC, but as it stands, his only 'achievement' is actually missing out on promotion with Rotherham, although they did have points deducted, weren't it something like 20?

He certainly is no Eddie Howe, he inherited Bournemouth later than MR and has stormed them up to the top of the league! MR didn't get past a 3 win streak, still in the top 3 managers in L1 easily.

He's left a legacy, a good one, shame it ended on such a sour note. He's laid solid foundations so hopefully the new man can carry on building CCFC up!

coundonskyblue

Im sure some on here think MR actually achieved something while he was here!

Typical of the loser mentality that plagues our club.

skybluelee

In the Capital One cup, 'oh MR, it could've been you!'.

I don't know why there was such a demand for MR, he hasn't actually achieved anything, I'm not being bitter, I think he has potential as a manager and could've achieved great things for CCFC, but as it stands, his only 'achievement' is actually missing out on promotion with Rotherham, although they did have points deducted, weren't it something like 20?

He certainly is no Eddie Howe, he inherited Bournemouth later than MR and has stormed them up to the top of the league! MR didn't get past a 3 win streak, still in the top 3 managers in L1 easily.

He's left a legacy, a good one, shame it ended on such a sour note. He's laid solid foundations so hopefully the new man can carry on building CCFC up!

Weren't it?

dantheman

Im sure some on here think MR actually achieved something while he was here!

Typical of the loser mentality that plagues our club.

Started playing football,won matches,challenging for play off spot,avoided what was starting to look like certain relegation.brought in decent players whilst getting rid of dross,filled the Ricoh,put some pride back into supporting the Skyblues,area final of JPT...................................obviously they are delusional;)

SkyblueBazza

Are you serious?? Do you realise he's just shafted us big time? Would you write a similar letter if your girlfriend had just gone off with a bloke from a slightly more affluent area?

That's partly the point - we love our CCFC, MR doesn't.
Turn your thoughts around...had this girlfriend been your girlfriend because you had ambition in life, were going buy a nice new shiny car & promised to start a family with her - only to find you had no job, couldn't drive & were infertile - surely people (not necessarily you personally) would understand her being disillusioned & walking out on you?

Users who are viewing this thread