Dean Austin (3 Viewers)

Grendel

For me dasilva and lati have been brilliant and the best two signings

@covcity4life is always right

Tv Show Lol GIF

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

It's hard to make a good analysis because some players developed late, and some regressed. We'll probably have a better idea by the end of next season which ones will have had the most impact. A lot of inconsistencies, including players like MvE and Wright who look shit hot one week, and pretty gash the next. I'm probably with Sick Boy though, the way Simms has played second half of the season has impressed me and he's looked a threat pretty much every game since that goal streak started.

Mucca Mad Boys

Absolute terms Wright but relative to transfer fee has to be Sakamoto. £1.5m for a top quality championship winger.
Or Simms, signed for £3m upfront and he is joint top scorer with Wright. Sakamoto is a steal, if we want a RW I could see him being a role player come August. Which is an exciting prophecy tbf.

Grendel

Lol someone's still reeling from earlier

Wrote that in October. I was giving my assesment so far and not a prediction of the future.

I also don't think either of them are crap like some do.

Maybe get boosh to make another account to help you. Heheh

your assesment was wrong then and ridiculous now

Otis

Did they not both start the season really well though? I think possibly at that stage they did look the best of our signings.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Bristol fans tell us that Dasilva was very good going forwards, but that his defending was a bit suspect?

Boicey

Overall very good recruitment last summer and as a group they’re already worth significantly more than we paid. I still think there’s a lot more to come from most of them as well
Let’s be honest it was a mixed bag. Collins, Kitching, jds, Lati haven’t really done it. Torp still hasn’t got up to speed and seems a bit ‘delicate’ although promising. Ayari a bad loan who played too many games.
The recruitment didn’t resolve midfield or defence issues.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

Let’s be honest it was a mixed bag. Collins, Kitching, jds, Lati haven’t really done it. Torp still hasn’t got up to speed and seems a bit ‘delicate’ although promising. Ayari a bad loan who played too many games.

The recruitment has been wank this season. Dean Austin should be court marshalled for Collins and Kitching alone.

Grendel

Did they not both start the season really well though? I think possibly at that stage they did look the best of our signings.

Dasilva was mediocre at best and lati accountable for several goals. Our start was woeful. Dasilva was culpable for goals in the first month and on it carried.

Grendel

They did indeed. He is just annoyed from earlier. It's amusing I have ruined his bank holiday

They didn’t - also they can be according to you brilliant then become shit and your are always right. In the end you are just the fool that has to make up a cousin to get you out the shit and you’ve also sadly made another rather racist comment on a non ccfc football thread but will of course get away with it

Last edited:

CCFCSteve

They’re never going to all work out but Simms, wright, Saka, MvE and Thomas easily outweigh any negatives

Torp at £1.2m could prove to be a bargain and if I was offered that transfer again today I’d snap your hand off as he’s technically excellent. A gamble whether he fits into the pace and intensity of the league, but if he does he’ll be worth several times the fee

I’ve said before I still think Kitching will come good and even the other three mentioned could all play useful squad roles even if not starters (at a cost of £1m for all three)

Cally Fedora

On balance I think recruitment was excellent. In the definite hits category you have MVE, Wright, Simms, Sakamoto and Kitching. Solid additions were Thomas and Torp. Latibeaudiere played a part and I’d say Dasilva and Collins disappointed. If you look at the 5 at the start they were signed for roughly £22m. A conservative estimate would now surely put them at £55m.

covcity4life

They didn’t - also they can be according to you brilliant then become shit and your are always right. In the end you are just the fool that has to make up a cousin to get you out the shit and you’ve also sadly made another rather racist comment on a non football thread but will of course get away with it
You really need help.

Grendel

You really need help.

Someone who thinks the Birmingham fans pro Palestinian stance is proof on non racism is either in need of a frontal lobotomy, wumming or something far more sinister

covcity4life

Someone who thinks the Birmingham fans pro Palestinian stance is proof on non racism is either in need of a frontal lobotomy, wumming or something far more sinister
It was Liverpool. And I said support for Palestinian peoples current plight suggests the entire Fanbase isn't racist even though let themselves down with the Suarez evra situation years prior.

Thus the point was not all sheff wed Fanbase is evil due Palmer incident.

If you think THATS racist please report it and the mods can laugh at you. 😂😂😂

Grendel

It was Liverpool. And I said support for Palestinian peoples current plight suggests the entire Fanbase isn't racist even though let themselves down with the Suarez evra situation years prior.

Thus the point was not all sheff wed Fanbase is evil due Palmer incident.

If you think THATS racist please report it and the mods can laugh at you. 😂😂😂

Yes I meant Sheffield Weds and for that I take it back - it’s truly bizarre however that you somehow justify the stance as they make pro Palestine references - have you seen the racist mob which have glorified in their references to Labour and their Jew sympathising at the local elections.

Generally they are a racist fanbase. It’s a bizarre defence - on and unlike you I don’t report people as I’m not a baby and believe in free speech

Boicey

They’re never going to all work out but Simms, wright, Saka, MvE and Thomas easily outweigh any negatives

Torp at £1.2m could prove to be a bargain and if I was offered that transfer again today I’d snap your hand off as he’s technically excellent. A gamble whether he fits into the pace and intensity of the league, but if he does he’ll be worth several times the fee

I’ve said before I still think Kitching will come good and even the other three mentioned could all play useful squad roles even if not starters (at a cost of £1m for all three)
If the aim was to strengthen midfield and the defence it didn’t work.
That’s quite a big shortfall to call the recruitment ‘excellent’ even ‘very good’. Especially as the end result was quite a lot weaker than the previous season.

Grendel

Yeah, but Grendel wants to have a spurned-lover tiff here instead of via DMs so reality doesn't come into it.

How random - still I seem to live rent free in your head. I understand.

SBT

Thought Latibeaudiere generally played well at the beginning of the season. In a team that was struggling to find its feet in the 3ATB formation he got comfortable more quickly than most of the new signings iirc.

Users who are viewing this thread