Transfer Rumour Deadline Week (1 Viewer)

Magwitch

Will we sign anybody ? If we do what position/positions ? Robins has always said he wants another striker but for me my priority would be a big powerhouse central midfielder.

Magwitch

Don’t think we need two, wouldn’t be surprised to sign another with Chaplin being perhaps the one. But after watching Saturday which despite the result I was impressed with I think we could do with more muscle in midfield.

the rumpo kid

Was told yesterday Willis is on his way, had a medical with a championship club last week and was set to go then robins pulled the plug at the last minute because he couldn't get the player he wanted. Guess we will see !

CCFC_Charlie

Was told yesterday Willis is on his way, had a medical with a championship club last week and was set to go then robins pulled the plug at the last minute because he couldn't get the player he wanted. Guess we will see !
I think Willis has been sold to a Championship club during the last week of the transfer window every season for about 5 years.

Magwitch

We have Davies, Hyam, young Thompson and rumours of another coming in so one on their way is a real possibility I’ve said numerous times it seems to be one in one out.

Super Graham Withey

Wood and Willis centre backs. If we let Willis go we would need at least one more quality centre back -and that assumes Thompson is up to the job as cover, too.
Willis would be a huge loss, we would miss his pace. Tom Davies getting suspended for the second leg of the League Two play off semi, allowing Willis back into the team, worked out very well for us.

Magwitch

Reports within the club rate Thompson very highly, I like Willis but does miss quiet a few games with injuries. Perhaps get an experienced centre back in on loan but either way I think we need extra muscle in front of our back four.

Deity

Morgan Williams is also catching the eye.

I think Robins wants more experience in the centre given Hyam, Thompson and Williams are all very inexperienced

skybluetony176

Going by the squad numbers on the official website the No.10 shirt is still up for grabs meaning we’re still clearly looking to sign a striker.

Other than that don’t have a clue.

Sky Blue Harry H

Willis would be a huge loss, we would miss his pace. Tom Davies getting suspended for the second leg of the League Two play off semi, allowing Willis back into the team, worked out very well for us.
Agree that he'd be a huge loss. I was just pointing out that we'd possibly need 2 centre backs in if he went.

Magwitch

Always difficult balance to run with young players they need experience but how do they get it without playing in the first team, they will make mistakes, but look at Hyam came in the team played well but had a nightmare v Yeovil got over it now to me looks the real deal.

AFCCOVENTRY

Going by the squad numbers on the official website the No.10 shirt is still up for grabs meaning we’re still clearly looking to sign a striker.

Other than that don’t have a clue.

Imagine getting to the Jan transfer window and the number 10 shirt is still vacant? Has that ever happened before?

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Will we sign anybody ? If we do what position/positions ? Robins has always said he wants another striker but for me my priority would be a big powerhouse central midfielder.

How many central midfielders do you want in the squad?

We have about 7 or 8 already!

Nick

Administrator
Reports within the club rate Thompson very highly, I like Willis but does miss quiet a few games with injuries. Perhaps get an experienced centre back in on loan but either way I think we need extra muscle in front of our back four.
Do you know what players we have actually got?

Westendlad

Will be annoyed if sisu haven't learned from their mistakes ( No i'm not trying to stir up all that shite again) from the past and don't invest the dosh from Maddison and MM sales.

Magwitch

Will be annoyed if sisu haven't learned from their mistakes ( No i'm not trying to stir up all that shite again) from the past and don't invest the dosh from Maddison and MM sales.
I think Robins has every intention of using all he is allowed to this season, he has said will hold some back for January window,

Westendlad

We have Davies, Hyam, young Thompson and rumours of another coming in so one on their way is a real possibility I’ve said numerous times it seems to be one in one out.
You put your left leg in your left leg out in out in out ra ra ra

shmmeee

I really rate Willis at this level and he's just about to start hitting his peak. Ideally we'd keep him and add some experience, were not likely to get both pace and experience so would need to look to one of the younger ones for pace I guess if Willis goes.

I'd expect to see a striker in and ideally an experienced GK to add some guile to the back line.

Users who are viewing this thread