Deadline for SISU to confirm appeal to Court of Appeal? (3 Viewers)

dongonzalos

Sisu always said they would appeal. Remember, ACL accepted less than the £590k they originally insisted on. This may not be the barrier it is thought to be.

It wouldn't bother me if I were ACL.
It's a unwinable appeal.
SISU should have used it to bargain well before the court case.

I would enter talks now if I were ACL and say I don't care a jot about any appeal.

wingy

Sisu always said they would appeal. Remember, ACL accepted less than the £590k they originally insisted on. This may not be the barrier it is thought to be.

They don't want a deal Simon ,surely It's obvious.

Never a reality ,always a barrier to progress .

The timelines of all their actions indicate this .

One massive PR exercise generated throuhg Chinese whispers and Private fan Engagement ,with the added Bonus of Dividing Fans .

Of course It will all be ACL's fault ,followed by a Land announcement within the next couple of months.

Noggin

If you were anyone else I'd disagree with that comment, but it feels like you are suggesting that you've been told something off the record, if thats the case thats fantastic news as long as that has come from a reliable source, if its come from Fisher then I'm much less interested, if there is a deal being done and it's supposed to be being kept secret why is fisher spreading it around which is what others are saying he is doing. It suggests the deal doesn't exist but he wants people to think it does which keeps everyone quieter.

Kneeza

Dongozalos is spot on. It's unwinnable.
What I can't fathom is what they expect to gain from going through the motions.
Does not compute.

wingy

Last edited:

Noggin

No official confirmation, but we definitely understand Sisu's appeal will not be a barrier to Ricoh negotiations.

Updated story here: http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/coventry-city-owners-apply-appeal-7623079

again you understand from who? if its from acl then its not a barrier, if its from fisher then it may or may not be a barrier but its pretty rare that he tells the truth and if there is a secret deal going on why is he spreading it around?

James Smith

I really wish I could believe that.

ccfc92

oh my god. please let this nightmare end :(

1 out of 2 not bad for sisu tho I guess. payed the money, but appeal.

Just waiting for RFC's smoking gun :pointlaugh:

ecky

SISU SISU SISU when is this nightmare going to end....stop playing games with everyone you bunch of clowns.....you are a complete disgrace, how anyone can keep handing their money over to them is beyond me..

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Does anyone, Sixfields attendee or not, agree with the appeal? I assume the majority do not. This is why I don't understand their continued efforts with the JR! Considering its Coventry tax payers money that was spent, yet the tax payers are satisfied with the courts ruling. Why can't OTIUM do the same and move on?

Just more barriers being out in the way of talks starting again IMO

tonyok

Sisu continue to treat the people of Coventry with total disrespect. We have a team with no heroes and no morale, a manager who wants the club back but why should he fight this battle, loyal fans who are being treated like dirt and still muppets are willing to go to Sixfields. These so called fans will be the death of this club!

Nick

Administrator
Does anyone, Sixfields attendee or not, agree with the appeal? I assume the majority do not. This is why I don't understand their continued efforts with the JR! Considering its Coventry tax payers money that was spent, yet the tax payers are satisfied with the courts ruling. Why can't OTIUM do the same and move on?

Just more barriers being out in the way of talks starting again IMO

I have been to Sixfields, I don't agree. Pointless.

Noggin

I guess we have to put our faith and hope in him being a proper journalist and talking to the right people ;)

both sides are the right people though, just one set of them is trustworthy, the other set of them attempt to mislead and misrepresent at every turn and the CT has printed large amounts of that spin.

Noggin

He could write something like sources close to the club suggest that the appeal won't be a barrier to negotiations, that doesn't break his off the record thing and then we know weather or not to trust the info.

Nick

Administrator
Lets hope simon likes your post *wink*

He always likes my posts. He told me when we both met Joy*.

*This is a joke, I have never met her or Simon but have seen his father in law in a steam room, so make what you want out of it ;)

James Smith

Which is what the agreement was. ACL were never going to be paid directly.

#CarlBakerDay #ClivePlattWeek #JohnGayleMonth

Actually you may have a point there IU can't find anything that says the money was to be paid to ACL directly. Indeed I suspect that the FL have avoided another potential headache by having it paid to them first. That does of course mean that they hadn't paid it to the FL before yesterday and the announcement, but the fact that they have is one barrier out of the way.

ccfc92

Which is what the agreement was. ACL were never going to be paid directly.

#CarlBakerDay #ClivePlattWeek #JohnGayleMonth

Good. Because all I could see that would happen otherwise is :

CET: SISU PAY MONEY OWED!
CET: ACL SAY "HAS NOT BEEN PAYED"
CET: SISU : "YES WE DID"
CET: ACL: "NO, YOU DIDN'T....."
CET: SISU: "YES, WE DIIIIIID......."

You get the picture :)

Users who are viewing this thread