Deadline Day Thread (1 Viewer)

PVA

Random one

Probably just a case of being guaranteed more football at Pompey. Not like he’s had to take a drop in wages or anything.

Not sure why we’d be in for him though, unless it was dependent on Walker/Waghorn leaving.

Frostie

Probably just a case of being guaranteed more football at Pompey. Not like he’s had to take a drop in wages or anything.

Not sure why we’d be in for him though, unless it was dependent on Walker/Waghorn leaving.

Also knows the Cowley's from before.

SBT

Bidwell showed he is also perfectly capable of filling in at LCB (if and when Tayo is up to speed).

Robins is currently undermining Adaramola in the press once every few days at the moment. I’d be amazed if he’s in MR’s plans at all and history suggests that’s not going to change.

ProfessorbyGrace

You're all probably aware/not bothered, but Danny Cashman has been farmed out to Walsall on loan. Wonder if the boy will come good?

My opinion on this Summer/Transfer window/start to the season:

There was, I imagine, a bit of unsettlement in the camp with rumours, bids and backroom tension over the pitch, lost revenue, escalating running costs (SISU may have been putting the pressure on to sell the talent) and who knows, maybe MR has had to play some serious hard ball to keep his star players and steady the ship behind the scenes. Maybe Hyam was the sacrifice to appease SISU and the money gods.

I genuinely believe that if all is considered, and I've absorbed a lot of what's been stated on here by ITK's, it seems we've actually had a successful transfer window.

Now that all that's done and dusted, it's time to start chewing up the opposition with that team spirit we showed last season. PUSB

skyblu3sk

Should have told him to get over to Calaise and jump on a dinghy. No problem coming here then

giphy.gif

ccfc1234

This is spot on. Was at Fulham away towards the end of the season . We outplayed, out thought, and out bullied them. I was full of optimism after that game. Record season ticket sales going into this one ...who knew what was about to happen. I can just about handle the pitch debacle and the O'Hare injury but the Owners lack of ambition is the killer blow here .
They haven't given one shred of hope or a rallying cry for the fans . When some on here said at the end of last season we'd reached our ceiling I didn't believe them. Or I just didn't want to believe them.
The team that dominated the best side in the league, at their own stadium is a top six side. We only needed 2 or 3 additions to make that a reality. We have not got that but we still have a great team when we are playing with confidence and not giving goals away. Put 4 more points on our total (which we could have got) and the start looks very different. We need to stick together and not get down as it will translate onto the pitch. Forest were in a worse situation than us last season.

skyblu3sk

Prat so you think controlling imigration and a countries boarders is racist. Says it all about you. A little race baiter.
Just say it as I see it spot someone being racist... call it out. Maybe bigot is a better word?

Last edited:

stupot07

Adaromola has gone back. So ignoring kids/development player basically in terms of first team squad players (I.e. those signed for first team or played in the championship)

Gone

Hyam
JCS
Maatsen
Shipley
Jones
Dacosta (loan)
Hilsner (loan)
Pask

And we have brought in

Panzo (loan)
Doyle (loan)
Palmer

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Sky Blue Pete

Adaromola has gone back. So ignoring kids/development player basically in terms of first team squad players

Gone

Hyam
JCS
Maatsen
Shipley
Jones
Dacosta (loan)
Hilsner (loan)
Pask
Drysdale

And we have brought in

Panzo (loan)
Doyle (loan)
Palmer

6 of those aren’t first team don’t be silly I’ll give you Hyam Jcs and maatsen the others are your agenda

Ann Proctor-Brown

The team that dominated the best side in the league, at their own stadium is a top six side. We only needed 2 or 3 additions to make that a reality. We have not got that but we still have a great team when we are playing with confidence and not giving goals away. Put 4 more points on our total (which we could have got) and the start looks very different. We need to stick together and not get down as it will translate onto the pitch. Forest were in a worse situation than us last season.
But people forget they sacked their manager,to get where they did.

stupot07

6 of those aren’t first team don’t be silly I’ll give you Hyam Jcs and maatsen the others are your agenda

Shipley, Jones and Dacosta played last season

Dacosta and Hilsner were signed for the first team.

Pask was signed for the first team played 17 games in the championship the season before last

You could add Bright into it given he was signed, released and not replaced.

Drysdale I will give you.

robbiekeane

Shipley, Jones and Dacosta played last season

Dacosta and Hilsner were signed for the first team.

Pask was signed for the first team played 17 games in the championship the season before last

You could add Bright into it given he was signed, released and not replaced.

Drysdale I will give you.

What kind of logic is this 😂 hilsner and dacosta we’re not championship players

slowpoke

They were far below the level required and never got a look in in the championship. Do then use them as examples of outgoing players and labelling them as “championship players” is laughable

you know this of course
In fairness to Hillsner a medical condition I assume unknown blighted any chance he had of proving if he was any good or not. Shit luck for him.

stupot07

They were far below the level required and never got a look in in the championship. Do then use them as examples of outgoing players and labelling them as “championship players” is laughable

you know this of course
I never labelled them as championship players, they were signed to be first team squad players to play in the championship, and thus are/were being paid first team wages. They weren't signed as development players like Cashman, Taveres, Dinanga, etc. They were signed for the first team. The fact that they weren't good enough is down to poor recruitment.

Sky Blue Harry H

I never labelled them as championship players, they were signed to be first team squad players to play in the championship, and thus are/were being paid first team wages. They weren't signed as development players like Cashman, Taveres, Dinanga, etc. They were signed for the first team. The fact that they weren't good enough is down to poor recruitment.

I suppose with our budget, you are always going to have to recruit on potential, and a bunch are not going to make it. A bit like when they take kids on in the U18s and only one or two ever progress. As you move up the food chain, clubs throw bigger amounts on established players and some of those don't work out (Sheff Utd £20m on Rhian Brewster). Nothing is guaranteed,, We all (in the main) wanted rid of the dead wood, and I would argue that is what we have been doing (as per your list). Can't be bothered to find my earlier posts, but I did state I was wary about trying to get JCS due to his injury record, so imo it is only really Maatsen and Hyam we are 'missing' and have Doyle and Panzo to replace, which I am happy enough with. If Bidwell gets injured I would be concerned about how we would reorganise, and it looks as though Kane may have to be integrated back into the squad (if that is at all possible). Think we have reached a point where we need something to happen re: W*sps/our owners to give us potential impetus. Go back a bit to Callum Reilly/Stuart Beavon/Kyel Reid and co, and we've done ok.

Torquay Sky Blue

In fairness to Hillsner a medical condition I assume unknown blighted any chance he had of proving if he was any good or not. Shit luck for him.
Hillsner is rubbish . Anyone could see that in his Rangers friendly debut. Was never going to play at this level . Embarrassing but I'm sure he's enjoyed the wages

skyblue025

For me it's been a poor window. We may have kept the big 3 or 4 but we have weakened the first team and the squad.
Before the season had started we picked up 2 mid to long term injury 's in midfield which has left us down to the bare bones already. We are gambling we don't get anymore. The only position we have decent depth is strikers. With the season pausing in November and the 2 injury's we have in midfield I was surprised we didn't bring in another central midfielder be it as cover or a starter.
With the pitch situation and our poor form, we find ourselves bottom and 5 points from safety already with some very tough fixtures in the next 3 or 4. If that gap becomes 8 or 9 points after those 4 games it's a long, long way back. We need a win from somewhere and I don't care how it comes at the minute.

larry_david

He might have had a ticking off from the Club!
Wouldn't be surprised. They've had to actually come out and address comments on social media which have come from this forum. That Tynan guy was having a twitter argument with fans yesterday about all the negativity

Users who are viewing this thread