Deadline day Feb 2024 (1 Viewer)

mmttww

...I wouldn’t know what to type 😂

mr t wink GIF

Yank

My Celtic supporting brother is disgusted with the signing of Idah from Norwich haha; has a horrific scoring record.

Chris1987

Long term planning I am all for. We still have a great chance of reaching the play offs and this approach to transfers is far preferable to the Hull shit or bust strategy. We don't know what other attempts there were to get players in but we aren't getting our leg lifted with a short term solution.

Astute

Hull doing some business, looking at their next 4 fixtures we will do well to be still in the play offs after them.
Why is it our signings are shite yet Hulls are brilliant?

Sbarcher

John Fleck with a late move to Blackburn.

Astute

John Fleck with a late move to Blackburn.
Shows how far we have come in such a small space of time. They have 4 players now that have played for us before. None of them would get into our side.

hamertime

Why is it our signings are shite yet Hulls are brilliant?
Because they can play theirs. We’re in the play offs we need to be looking to have a go this year. For the foreseeable future the top 2 places will alway be taken by teams coming down from the prem so it will only be a play off chance up for grabs. We’re in the play offs now so just go for it. Waste of a season as we won’t be strong enough.

Cheylesmore ITK

Because they can play theirs. We’re in the play offs we need to be looking to have a go this year. For the foreseeable future the top 2 places will alway be taken by teams coming down from the prem so it will only be a play off chance up for grabs. We’re in the play offs now so just go for it. Waste of a season as we won’t be strong enough.
They've signed loads of people who play in the same position while not really addressing their weaknesses enough.

I know you are a WUM account but come on you can do better than this.

wingy

Change of subject matter but how have Villa Dropped a seventy Million loss, beneficial in any way to them?

Grendel

That player that I was told is a shit past it carthorse keiffer moore is signing on loan for 3rd placed ipswich Town by all accounts .

Would have fit our team perfectly

He looked a good focal point for Ipswich against West Brom. He’d definitely have suited the middle of the front 3 and vastly above Simms in terms of threat and ability

Hertsccfc

Don’t see it he’s a big strong bully not our sort of player at all
He would be ideal for the way we play in my view. The lack of presence in the central forward position gas been our one main weakness all season and Moore has all the traits we need to take this team from a really good one to an excellent one. He's a much better footballer than given credit for on here too.

Legia Sky Blue

He would be ideal for the way we play in my view. The lack of presence in the central forward position gas been our one main weakness all season and Moore has all the traits we need to take this team from a really good one to an excellent one. He's a much better footballer than given credit for on here too.

Unless we were prepared to completely change our style he would only have ever been a Plan B option for us. He isn't someone that will run the channels looking for intricate passes from the likes of O'Hare, Palmer, Torp, Sakamoto as is usually required of our forwards, and instead he would simply have been a more static focal point for us to simply bang crosses to, hoping to feed off knock downs from them. He might well have been effective to a point, but I don't think it would have been a great long term move for the progression of many of our 'permanent' players, or the team as a whole.

SkyBlueMatt

He looked a good focal point for Ipswich against West Brom. He’d definitely have suited the middle of the front 3 and vastly above Simms in terms of threat and ability

Maybe but he's also 31, 32 at the start of next season.

We're much better off with Simms.

Hertsccfc

Maybe but he's also 31, 32 at the start of next season.

We're much better off with Simms.
It would have been a loan. Would have given us an extra dimension for the rest of the season and also given Simms some time to develop his all round game. I think Simms could have learned a lot from Moore.

Users who are viewing this thread