Dead Wood (1 Viewer)

Cobi Jones's Dreads

deadwood.jpg

I have to say for the first time since Micky Adam's left the club, we are harbouring so much dead wood at the moment it's unreal players that are not upto scratch at this stage in their career players that have never been much good and never really will be and players that were once good but now have sadly lost that yard or so.

Just looking through our first team squad and imo, yes "My" opinion so feel free to post yours, we have 28 player's with a squad number, 3 have never played a first team game granted so we'll say 25, and at least 11 out of the 25 imo are not good enough for a team looking to challenge in this league and make an impact and stop the derogatory finishes and winless streaks we have seen in the last couple of season.

So i'm going to list the playes I feel are not good enough:

Lee Carsley
David Bell
Michael Doyle
Lukas Jutkiewicz
Gary Deegan
Isaac Osbourne
Clive Platt
Daniel Ireland
Jermaine Grandison
Jordan Clarke
Roy O'Donovan
Michael McIndoe (Although i believe he's gone now, rumour has it)

Like i said this is my opinion you may want to contribute more players to the list or post your feelings of some of the players on the list, am i being to harsh? Maybe, the back bone of the team is there for sure but the team is crying out for pace not these cliche 20+ Goal a season strikers or a playmaker as these don't grow on tree's and cost alot more than we're willing to pay. Although they would be handy. :p

I look forward to hearing your views.:confused:

P.S I know La La La likes his images at the top of the post so that one's for you lad.:)

Last edited:

Jimthor

My opinions on the players you posted:

Lee Carsley
- Don't think he's cut the mustard in most the performances this season. Started off ok but has faultered since. Brings the experience but not a lot else at this stage i feel. Touch and go if we should keep him or not.

David Bell
- Think we could live without him. Alright on his day, but Baker's making his role on the right his own.

Michael Doyle
- Think we could live without him too. Makes too many errors, on too much money.

Lukas Jutkiewicz
- Inconsistent but deserves longer. Had a good game against Sheff Utd, not so much today. And we need more than just 2 forwards. Keep.

Gary Deegan
- Injured all this year so a bit harsh to say he needs letting go. Yet to know how much he can develop, but i like having a player with a bit of bite. Looking forward to seeing him next year.

Isaac Osbourne
- Totally forgot we had him. Don't need him.

Clive Platt
- Gives us another option. He's another that has dropped in form since the early promise shown, but i still like him and the ariel threat he poses. Keep.

Daniel Ireland
- We need a sub keeper!

Jermaine Grandison
- Think he's been useless on the occasions he has played, but remember he is very young. Think he's out on loan now right? After he returns from that we might get to see whether he's a worthwhile keep or not.

Jordan Clarke
- Youngster that's shown promise. Another who'll need some time before we can really juge.

Roy O'Donovan
- True dead wood at this stage. 5th choice striker. Don't need.

Michael McIndoe (Although i believe he's gone now, rumour has it)
- Not needed, not good enough.

Pigeon

The Players That Id Agree That Are 'Dead Wood'

Lee Carsley - Would have been nice to have got him as a coach as he is good at inspiring the lads. Accuracy of shots is very poor and doesn't leave the centre circle.

David Bell- Baker over Bell any day of the week, he doesn't show enough passion.

Lukas Jutkiewicz- Always caught offside. Too light weight and easy to dispossess. He does try though and adds competition.

Isaac Osbourne- Coventry's permanent sick note, waste on the wage bill.

Clive Platt- Encourages long ball. Better as an impact sub rather than a starter.

Roy O'Donovan- I just didn't see anything in him when he came on to be honest

Michael McIndoe- I feel very unsafe with him on the pitch. He's always a passenger.

ccfc luke

I agree with most of the players on that list but at the end of the day, what can we do about it?
We dont have the money to improve our squad to the extent that is needed.

Cobi Jones's Dreads

I agree with most of the players on that list but at the end of the day, what can we do about it?
We dont have the money to improve our squad to the extent that is needed.

Maybe if we got the players who aren't good enough of the wage budget, that would free wages for better quality players? How much is Doyle on rumoured 8-9K?? My point exactly.

Cobi Jones's Dreads

Maybe if we got the players who aren't good enough of the wage budget, that would free wages for better quality players? How much is Doyle on rumoured 8-9K?? My point exactly.

Wow i wasn't to far of was i with the old Doyle thing looks like he's joining Sheffield United, so it looks like two of the list are leaving we just need the other nine to go now. :whistle:

ccfc luke

Yes it will be good for some of the high earners such as Doyle to leave, however we need to be sure that we arnt worsening the squad.
Maybe if Doyle and Mcindoe go then we can get a quality player on loan?

ccfctommy

I don't know about dead wood but i'd definately disagree with Deegan. Thought he was one of our better players last season.

Skyblueloz

I would tend to agree with the majority of that list, however i feel that Deegan showed some promise towards the end of last season before he got injured. With Doyle looking like he is off to Sheffield United and Gunnarsson not signing a new contract, i feel that as long as Deegan can get back to full fitness he could become a vital part of the squad.

Coventry La La La

:welcome::wave:Welcome to SBT SkyBlueOz..

Im gonna jump on the Deegan band wagon thats starting to form. :) I thought he was one of are better players last season just because hes currently injured doesn't mean hes dead wood... I think he can do Doylers job but has abit more about himself.

newbie here,

pretty much agree with the list except:

Deegan as mentioned above.

Wholeheartedly agree about Jutkiewicz , does this bloke wear lead boots as he looks like the least mobile 21year old i've seen at the city.

Grandison: looks awkward and clumsy also but saying that so did Ben Turner a couple of years back. wouldnt be on much money either, so prob worth a couple more years of development.

Ireland: never done anything wrong, too soon to right off.

Disorganised1

Danny Ireland is a good keeper ~ Grandison, was out of his depoth but is still young ~ The rest fair enough

Coventry La La La

newbie here,

pretty much agree with the list except:

Deegan as mentioned above.

Wholeheartedly agree about Jutkiewicz , does this bloke wear lead boots as he looks like the least mobile 21year old i've seen at the city.

Grandison: looks awkward and clumsy also but saying that so did Ben Turner a couple of years back. wouldnt be on much money either, so prob worth a couple more years of development.

Ireland: never done anything wrong, too soon to right off.
:wave::welcome: to SBT Stefano Gioacchini's mum
http://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/threads/7623-Dead-Wood/profile.php?do=addlist&userlist=buddy&u=1842

Agree with this can't really call youngsters dead wood when they need time to develope I completly wrote off Ben Turner last season and hes been out-standing when hes played this season.

MatthewWallis

absolutely agree with all of them, epescially Lukas, it annoys me when i see him starting or coming on :mad:

NuneatonSkyBlue

I don't know about dead wood but i'd definately disagree with Deegan. Thought he was one of our better players last season.

Ye i wouldn't count Deegan as dead wood just yet either, i think we should give him atleast a full season because when he did play he showed some promise, how much he actually has to offer we'll just have to wait and see

n1xon

it dont look like anyone wants McIndoe. are we letting him go on a free? or hoping somebody is silly enough to pay some pennys for him.

Cobi Jones's Dreads

Guys don't kill me about putting Deegan in! :eek:

I wouldn't class him as dead wood either, just some might. :slap:

InterSkyBlues

The only player I would disagree with all of you on is Carsley - granted he is in his swan song and not the player he was. But you need old heads like him around and I'm not being funny but he has regularly out played the rest of the players in commitment and tackling. He is what he is, a central midfield tackler and anchor man. The rest can go as far as I'm concerned, if we replaced Platini with a tree stump we would probably see an improvement. Also, my 3 yo daughter is taller than Jordan -any chance we can give him some supplements as if he could put a few inches and pounds on I don't think he would be that bad.

Coventry La La La

The only player I would disagree with all of you on is Carsley - granted he is in his swan song and not the player he was. But you need old heads like him around and I'm not being funny but he has regularly out played the rest of the players in commitment and tackling. He is what he is, a central midfield tackler and anchor man. The rest can go as far as I'm concerned, if we replaced Platini with a tree stump we would probably see an improvement. Also, my 3 yo daughter is taller than Jordan -any chance we can give him some supplements as if he could put a few inches and pounds on I don't think he would be that bad.

Have to agree about Jordan Clarke... Hes simply to lightweight to be a defender..

Lee Carsley- decent if not spectacular, which is the job he's paid to do. If he's got the legs for next season, by all means, keep him on, although I'd totally understand if we're gonna be his last club.

David Bell- I think he should be shipped out, he very rarely contributes much to a City game over than a couple of poor crosses. Yes, I like watching spectacular goals, but I don't have to wait for one to come along every season, and Bell doesn't cut it for me.

Michael Doyle- well, he's already gone, but I would have tried to keep him for the time being.

Lukas Jutkiewicz- I don't really think much of him, seems to be just a lanky forward with a penchant for penalties- probably our lack of creativity to blame, but I have no idea why we invested in him- Everton must be laughing to the bank!

Gary Deegan- Give him a new season to run the show in midfield, but if he suffers another major injury again, maybe it's best for all if he left to reinvigorate his career.

Isaac Osbourne- I'd say the same as Deegan as he was turning into a combative central midfielder- we could do with some options at the back and midfield.

Clive Platt- good impact substitute, nothing more, unfortunately. Because of his age, can't see him staying really, plus it appears that opposition teams have him figured out. Shame really...

Daniel Ireland- Yeah, has the guy ever played for Cov? Mickey Quirke's better in my opinion (having actually, like, seen him play!)...

Jermaine Grandison- hmmm...best out on loan.

Jordan Clarke- I think he would make a fantastic winger, due to his pace. Keep.

Roy O'Donovan- he's clearly a waste of money, end of.

Michael McIndoe (Although i believe he's gone now, rumour has it)- nice idea at the time, but it's been time for him to move on since Coleman was sacked; then again, his cross to Platt against Leicester was really good and you just know that if he moves to another Championship side then we'll be on the receiving end of such a cross.

I'm gonna throw a new player into the mix: Freddy Eastwood. Yes, he scores goals, but he never seems to get a regular run in the team, whether injured or simply because Coleman and Aidy preferred other players to him. I don't get it, but I feel that we should try and cash in on Freddy in the summer if it's just gonna be another year of watching his frustrating career go through its cycle of 'scores-injured-stuck on the wing-scores-injured-replaced by No 9 of the day...' You get the picture.

Users who are viewing this thread