Davies on the move (1 Viewer)

Skyblueol

Noticed a few things recently that could show Tom Davies leaving. He recently put his house on the market and also today i noticed he has been taken off the list of players numbers you can have on the back of your shirt. Could be a coincidence but he has not had much game time with Hyam being class this season anybody else think we might be shifting him for a fee before his contract runs out in the summer. I think he will go in the summer with this new CB joining anyway.

iflynno

Letting Davies go now would leave us short at CB. Can't see it happening till the summer. Or would at least be a risky move by Robins unless someone else is coming in that we dont know about.

Shame to see him go, decent CB and this will leave us short. Whats happened to the youngster Thompson? I guess he will move up the pecking order until the new guy from Scotland arrives.

lord_garrincha

As an aside, does anyone know what the most amount of consecutive games he has played for us (can't be asked to check)?

It always seemed he would pick up an injury or a suspension which would halt his progress... that, and that he does not want to stay, to me, makes him dispensable.

fernandopartridge

As an aside, does anyone know what the most amount of consecutive games he has played for us (can't be asked to check)?

It always seemed he would pick up an injury or a suspension which would halt his progress... that, and that he does not want to stay, to me, makes him dispensable.

I'd be surprised if he'd played more than 6 consecutive games

steve82

A good servant to the club over the last 18 months who gives everything for the shirt and puts everything on the line in true warrior style.

Plays like he’s one of the lads with the dark arts which is reflective of his non league days rising into the professional game late and at 27 when his contract is up I can see why if it’s his decision he wants to see his options this summer.

A player who is a good fit this season and last but is another name that needs reviewing in the long term this summer if the championship is our desired destination.

With the arrival of one and news of another up and coming defender this summer if you was in his shoes you’d want to move to be a starter weekly likely at L2 level at the age of 27.

A very good player who helped us to get to where we are now but his primary skill set isn’t where we’re hopefully heading as a side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

covcity4life

A good servant to the club over the last 18 months who gives everything for the shirt and puts everything on the line in true warrior style.

Plays like he’s one of the lads with the dark arts which is reflective of his non league days rising into the professional game late and at 27 when his contract is up I can see why if it’s his decision he wants to see his options this summer.

A player who is a good fit this season and last but is another name that needs reviewing in the long term this summer if the championship is our desired destination.

With the arrival of one and news of another up and coming defender this summer if you was in his shoes you’d want to move to be a starter weekly likely at L2 level at the age of 27.

A very good player who helped us to get to where we are now but his primary skill set isn’t where we’re hopefully heading as a side.

a good player who was never better than jordan willis. but has come up trumps for us and hopefully will continue to till day he goes.

steve82

a good player who was never better than jordan willis. but has come up trumps for us and hopefully will continue to till day he goes.

Ha ha didn’t take long...
Your as predictable as a hooker needing a Heroin fix.

steve82

hey your reply wasnt exactly a shocker to me either!

All in good humour.

Many players will come and go in a bid to get to where we desire to be.
Some maybe feature a shorter amount of time but still have a contribution to getting to where we go.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

The guy is 3rd in order of 3 good centre backs and is only going to get in when Willis or Hyam are injured so he would be best moving on all the very best to him he has never let us down.

covcity4life

All in good humour.

Many players will come and go in a bid to get to where we desire to be.
Some maybe feature a shorter amount of time but still have a contribution to getting to where we go.

Agree he will be remmebered fondly just like mcnulty macdonald nazon and......barrett

Magwitch

I like Tom Davies but he does miss lots of games through niggly injuries , we seem to have cover now so if he moves on I’d be okay for that.

Last edited:

steve82

Agree he will be remmebered fondly just like mcnulty macdonald nazon and......barrett

..... Chris Stokes, Ryan Haynes, Kelly-Evans twins, Peter Vincenti, Jordan Maguire-Drew and Stuart Bevon too.

Maybe not all fondly but all had parts in a promotion campaign or cup run.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

covcity4life

..... Chris Stokes, Ryan Haynes, Kelly-Evans twins, Peter Vincenti, Jordan Maguire-Drew and Stuart Bevon too.

Maybe not all fondly but all had parts in a promotion campaign or cup run.

Agree

Bogirimana and g thomas too.

My boy Turnbull...

steve82

I like Tom Davies but he does miss lots of games through nightly injuries , we seem to have cover now so if he moves on I’d be okay for that.

Looking back at the reasons why he’s been unavailable or lost his spot he’s been unfortunate for me but Dominic Hyam is the flip side to that and has capitalised well 95% of the time and took his opportunity well in the other hand.

Tom Davies has only really had one football related muscle injury which he played on through with groin strain picked up against Accrington, just like the knock he took at Plymouth he played on.

Add that to unfortunate broken collar bone suffered at Forest Green. One silly/unfortunate suspension against Notts County as a result of Sky tv picking it up, with then a virus and a bout of food poisoning are the other occasions he’s missed out.

Looks like his longest run in the starting eleven in the league only was two occasions of 7 games in L2 and our 6 game unbeaten run in L1.

Unfortunate absences mostly for me but football is about taking your opportunity when it comes as someone is always in the wings waiting.

better days

I suspect if he's fit Davies will get a run of games providing he doesn't get himself red carded or make an horrendous cock up

pusbccfc

Sounds like when Rod left. A lot of people couldn't understand it at the time but it ended up being the right choice.

clint van damme

Sounds like when Rod left. A lot of people couldn't understand it at the time but it ended up being the right choice.

Rods performance level had dropped significantly.

The guy is 3rd in order of 3 good centre backs and is only going to get in when Willis or Hyam are injured so he would be best moving on all the very best to him he has never let us down.

you could have written that about Hyam trying to get in ahead of Willis and Davies not too long ago.
Things change quickly in football.

vow

Would like him to stay for another year, but wouldn't want an unhappy player on our hands if he would rather go at the end of season for free.

SkyBlueCRJ

Would like him to stay for another year, but wouldn't want an unhappy player on our hands if he would rather go at the end of season for free.

Personally think he'll still leave, just interesting that we have a one year extension clause in his contract. MR won't keep Davies if he can't promise him the game time that he desires.

chiefdave

If Willis goes we need to keep him, at least until a replacement comes in. If Willis stays and he doesn't want to stay and fight for a place then let him go.

Don't want players here who don't want to be here and equally if a player would rather try elsewhere to get game time rather than sit on the bench collecting his money then give him the chance.

SkyBlueCRJ

Will rose be a starter next season?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Not sure, I think he’s likely to be 3rd choice perhaps. Is Davies reliable enough to be a starter alongside Hyam though is probably the more appropriate question? If Willis goes I’d hedge my bets that MR be looking for another CB.

Users who are viewing this thread