David speedie , memories (1 Viewer)

adamdav68

Got to be the game against Sunderland at roker park , league cup and a bit of a run in with Gary Bennett. Any one else there that night

sky blue john

For someone who was only 5ft 7" I was amazed at his aerial ability. When he was playing centre of midfield, from our goal kicks he was the target man to get the flick on's for the forwards.

Porkchophill

I remember when we won the cup in 87 going to the sky blue connexion for a fun day where you could have your photo taken with it . two things stick out in my mind from that day my old man calling Dean Emerson a w****r when he nearly ran me over in his Peugeot driving out of the connection
And needing a piss so running behind the Mercia roadshow van and who was only stood there waiting to be revealed only speedie I think I pissed on my shoes from shock cue an awkward moment looking at each other then I ran back to my dad and let the cat out of the bag to anyone who would listen around me
Turned out to be a great signing for us always remember him scoring and jumping up to the top of the fencing of the west terrace to celebrate
If I remember rightly against man u Bryan Robson nearly snapping speedie in half out of frustration and getting away with it because he was captain of club and country

skybluelee

15 goals in 88/89 from midfield. The lobs against Wmbledon and Southampton will live long in the memory, as will the 2 hattricks v 'boro and Sheff W, but his last minute chip at Carrow Rd to beat the league leaders (the week after Sutton!) is still one of my happiest memories being a City fan. One of my all-time heroes. The only time I have been more gutted when a player left City than Speedie was when Dion went.

Joy Division

Was a bit before my time. I always thought he was a Forward rather than playing in midfield?

Joy Division

[video=youtube;5JaxeW17xvg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JaxeW17xvg[/video]

Ripbuster

Great player with bullet headers.

I remember Nobby throwing a party for him at the Rose pub in Lockhurst lane,Brilliant night.

Taga

Got to be the game against Sunderland at roker park , league cup and a bit of a run in with Gary Bennett. Any one else there that night

Remember it well. I got a little caught up in the emotion of it all. I was sitting in the directors box and stood to applaud Speedie as he walked across the pitch after the sending off, whilst half the main stand (that's what it felt like anyway) were trying to get at me. Still believe it was his reputation that got him sent off on this occasion.

Users who are viewing this thread