David McGoldrick (1 Viewer)

Mr B

Sorry first real post so if this is in the wrong place please move.

I like any sane minded Coventry fan would like David McGoldrick to stay with us longer than January but being a realist/pessimist (delete as appropriate) I feel he will be off to a Championship club due to the financial constraints on the club.

Question is if he does go off to a Championship club do you think he will continue his scoring form for them or not?

I am of the opinion that even though he IS our best player, going on his previous record prior to joining us I do not think he will do that good as it is quite a big step up in terms of the differences between the two leagues and he will also have to integrate into a new team and the way they play.

What is the opnion of everyone else?

David please stay!!!!

PUSB

It's difficult to tell. I think he would struggle against better level defenders that are less likely to get pulled out of position by him.

WillieStanley

I think he's smashed this level... but this really is the highest level to which he could perform with the consistency he has.

SuperCov

Question is if he does go off to a Championship club do you think he will continue his scoring form for them or not?

PUSB

No. All too often a striker will be signed by another club because he's doing well, but then the new club plays a different style of football and it goes downhill. Take Fernado Torres for example (although I do think he was slightly struggling at Liverpool before he joined) he was outstanding before his mega move to Chelsea.

I'd like to think we could get him to stay and help get us promotion or some silverware.

PUSB

ICHAN

Would like him to stay for obvious reasons, however?

I think MR will already have someone in mind if he does go come January, that said, people are saying he will struggle in the championship, what happens if we did get promoted, then what, the fans start getting on his back because he isn't performing/upto Championship standard?

Just thinking ahead :thinking about:

WillieStanley

I think MR will already have someone in mind if he does go come January, that said, people are saying he will struggle in the championship, what happens if we did get promoted, then what, the fans start getting on his back because he isn't performing/upto Championship standard?

No, we invest in a championship level striker!!:(

Mr B

I see your point but staying with a team and playing as a unit has a different effect and may boost confidence going up that level but its a matter of opinion as it can go either way.

shy_tall_knight

There are limited striking options once DMG leaves and he will leave.

Sheffers not fast or strong enough to play the lone striker
Callum Ball don't think MR rates him
ROD MR has more time for him than recent managers just think its so long since he scored goals on a regular basis, that he can't be relied on to do it now
Jeffers - anot even close to making an impression on the matchday squad

Users who are viewing this thread