David McGoldrick off to Ipswich (1 Viewer)

Skyblue4u

Not sure if this has already been mentioned but Ipswich already have 6 or 7 decent quality strikers (Chopra, Emmanuel-Thomas, Taylor, McLean, Scotland, Murphy + possibly DJ Campbell to come back) - is McGoldrick likely to be starting games there? Sounds like it could be very similar to his time at Forest, getting 20 minutes here and there, especially if he doesn't start scoring goals immediately.

Perhaps if his loan spell doesn't go well, we could snap him up on a free in the Summer if Ipswich decide they don't want him...

I personally wouldn't want him back now. He must of had the chance to stay here on loan had he wished and pushed for. Never want to see him in sky blue again as he's had his chance.

southern_comfort

Facebook User
best of luck to him, he's done nothing wrong in securing his future,
I believe we have an equally good player in clarke and look forward to watching his development going forward with us,
the futures bright :p

dongonzalos

DAVID McGoldrick, who has just completed a loan spell at Coventry City, has joined Ipswich Town.

The club have confirmed that McGoldrick, 25, has joined the Tractor Boys on loan from Nottingham Forest until the end of the season with a view to a permanent deal.

McGoldrick, who has been handed the number 16 shirt at Town, spent the first half of the season on loan with Coventry City, scoring 17 goals in 26 appearances.

Manager Mick McCarthy said: “He’s scored a few goals for Coventry on loan and we’ve been looking all over the place."

oakey

Ask Kieran Westwood. Big house in Sunderland, and a nice comfy chair to watch Sunderland play every week, before going home to check his bank account

I too, don't begrudge him his move, and accept that it was always unlikely that he might stay - the only footballer I can instantly recall who stayed at a club because he loved them rather than move for more money was Steve Bull at Wolves

So sorry that you think Westwood won't regret a career which had great promise petering out like it has. He has played 9 league games in 18 months at Sunderland. What a waste! What medals or memories will he be able to share with his grandchildren? zilch. Such a short career and the best years spent sitting in a comfy dugout. Yes he might be a tad richer but once you are comfortably off a bit more makes little difference to your happiness. Of course, it is his choice but only a sad person would not regret the waste.

superskyblue

David McGoldrick may well live to regret his choice, but regardless of his exit from the club he has been the first Coventry player I have had genuine affinity with since we were relegated from the Premier League. Farewell and good luck.

Baginton

Ipswich, bloody Ipswich... and bloody agents, $$$

stay here 'happy' bangin in the goals and possibly gain promotion (good for the cv)

or go on another LOAN to a team 19th in league one, chasing fuck all.

He should have told his agent to keep him at Cov.

NO TO MOD£RN FOOTBALL

CarpyCov84

For me it's disappointing tbh that he's gone there Ipswich Bloody Town in a relegation Battle be lucky to stay in the Championship.McGoldrick came here and maybe used us as we used him but surely some loyalty is needed by a player who is out of the picture going nowhere when I club come in and kick start your career again........gutted to
See him go.

Ashdown1

This will be down to Forest not McGoldrick....................I'd be very interested to know what SISU did actually offer to keep him considering they had him for next to nothing for the 3 months !!??

Ash

We never had a chance of keeping him. Best thing we can do is accept he's gone, thank him for how much he's helped us out during his loan spell and wish him all the best for the future.

SkyBlueArmy12

I have to admit I was bitterly disappointed with his choice being Ipswich but I suppose you go where the money is. I for one am not bitter about his departure, this is the first striker we've had that I have boasted to friends about, he has changed us as a club and did things other strikers couldn't. We are now looking a superb side nevertheless, he didn't feature in our game at dons but we still managed an amazing result, there is no reason why we cannot push for playoffs! PUSB!

BurbageSkyBlues

I wonder how much his decision has been influenced by Sisu's stance over the Ricoh? The vibes given off by this situation do not help make players think that this club is going forward.

Maybe, just maybe, he would have taken a gamble for the remainder of this season, if the club were perceived as being stable and having a future. Lets face it, playing at Hinckley is not going to appeal, is it!, even a shitehole like Portman road looks a better option.

Grendel

This will be down to Forest not McGoldrick....................I'd be very interested to know what SISU did actually offer to keep him considering they had him for next to nothing for the 3 months !!??

It's nothing to do with what we offered him. What we could never offer was championship football. If he succeeds in the higher level he will increase both his and his agents earning potential.

BurbageSkyBlues

It's nothing to do with what we offered him. What we could never offer was championship football. If he succeeds in the higher level he will increase both his and his agents earning potential.

Not sure about that Grendel, if you look at the Ipswich site you will see that he had returned to forest before the Ipswich deal was done. In other words, he did not leave us for Ipswich, he returned to forest....so clearly we did not offer something acceptable to reloan him. Forest would not have loaned him out, if their intention was to keep him.....he was there for us to take, if the deal was right.

sky blue john

Ffs some of you are talking about loyalty !!!
McG didn't owe us anything we got a striker for a few months for virtually free.
If anything his loyalty should still be with forest who have been paying if not all most of his wages. !!!!

Grendel

Not sure about that Grendel, if you look at the Ipswich site you will see that he had returned to forest before the Ipswich deal was done. In other words, he did not leave us for Ipswich, he returned to forest....so clearly we did not offer something acceptable to reloan him. Forest would not have loaned him out, if their intention was to keep him.....he was there for us to take, if the deal was right.

He can choose who he wants though providing Forest receive their agreed terms. Someone on here suggested we offered £10k a week.

His agent would advise him to go to the bigger club as success their will increase his profile and earning potential.

stupot07

Not necessarily, he said numerous times that his agent was looking after it for him, he would have been touting him to championship clubs. At the end of the day Ipswich can afford to pay a higher loan fee and pay a higher % of his wages than we can. What we offered may not have been acceptable to secure his stay here, but that doesn't mean it's the clubs fault - we have FFP rules that constrain us.

Lord_Nampil

The thing is hes gone, end of hes not our player any more and for the rest of the season he won't be playing against us! At the end of the day if Ipswich were he sees his career kicking off then that's fine by me, they have a decent backer there but never have progressed, but he has a hell of alot of competition to get into the starting 11 but maybe that's what he wants.

Any way on wards for us now hes helped us out and got us into a position were we can push on! Lets hope we take it!!!!

Skybluepiglet

He was never going to stay................As I see it his loan spell meant we were both winners....MG for his profile..US for his goals .

Any footballer has to make the best deals for themselves.

It really is that straightforward.!!

Marty

It's disappointing to watch him move onto another club, but I think his goals will dry up. We're going to miss his hard work, no doubt about it but the majority of his goals you would expect anyone to finish. The way we play now creates chances for the attacking players. If Clarke is as good as he seems to think he is then he will probably out score McGoldrick. I don't think Clarke is the answer and would look else where to find McGoldricks goals.

Users who are viewing this thread