David Bremang (1 Viewer)

SlowerThanPlatt

Yep, been signed unofficially for about 2 weeks now. Chris Badlan has links with the Conquest Academy so it’s come from there I imagine

CovisGod

Why are we announcing youth players signing? If they're not going into 1st team then we don't usually announce it do we?

I'm glad they do, it's nice to know what's going on at the club top to bottom, I'm a Coventry fan and any news to do with the club I want to know about wether it be first team, youth, finances, ticket office or change of half time pie flavour

pastythegreat

I'm glad they do, it's nice to know what's going on at the club top to bottom, I'm a Coventry fan and any news to do with the club I want to know about wether it be first team, youth, finances, ticket office or change of half time pie flavour
It's also nice for a youth player to have his signing announced. Gives them a sense of belonging and feeling like their part of the club. Also gives them one eye on the prize and a target to aim for I suppose. Or.... we could just leave them in the youth team where nobody knows or cares about them until there on the verge of first team football then Everton youth team show them a bit of interest and the fuck off never to be heard of again (see Masala Sambou)

Forever_Blue

It's also nice for a youth player to have his signing announced. Gives them a sense of belonging and feeling like their part of the club. Also gives them one eye on the prize and a target to aim for I suppose. Or.... we could just leave them in the youth team where nobody knows or cares about them until there on the verge of first team football then Everton youth team show them a bit of interest and the fuck off never to be heard of again (see Masala Sambou)
Legend!!!

pastythegreat

Decent season
In the U23s. When he was on the verge of making the step up for us. And besides the point I was making. He's had a decent season for those who have made the effort to look. To everyone else he's not been heard of since leaving

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

hill83

In the U23s. When he was on the verge of making the step up for us. And besides the point I was making. He's had a decent season for those who have made the effort to look. To everyone else he's not been heard of since leaving

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Yeah I was making a joke, his name isn't Masala but it is a seasoning. I laughed anyway.

Voice_of_Reason

For the first time in years the club is not going for a "quick fix" but is instead building foundations for the future. This is to be welcomed but not necessarily understood by those who look for instant success. Instant success doesn't happen often. Even under the JH era, it took time. JH first year was underwhelming but a foundation was built.

Irish Sky Blue

For the first time in years the club is not going for a "quick fix" but is instead building foundations for the future. This is to be welcomed but not necessarily understood by those who look for instant success. Instant success doesn't happen often. Even under the JH era, it took time. JH first year was underwhelming but a foundation was built.
The problem is that some people cannot see this. If we lose on Saturday there will be posters on here again saying that Robins has to go. It is madness. We have to have instant success immediately, even after a fantastic end to last season, otherwise there are calls for the manager to be sacked. I think a manager needs to be given the time to succeed. In Robins case he turned around a team that were completely hopeless into one which won at Wembley twice, had an exciting cup run and who gained promotion at the first attempt. Surely that will have earned him a bit of grace? Not a bit of it with some fans. There were grumbles during and after game two at Wimbledon followed very quickly by full blown calls for him to go. He is statistically the best league manager we have had but some would sack him in the surely vain hope that we will get someone better. There is obviously a strategy in place. It needs to be given time to work.

stevefloyd

The team is still getting to know each other as is Robins who I would imagine doesn't know his best starting eleven yet, strange signings it seems on Bakayoko and Hiwula but its still early days for them both too, if he don't win all the remaining games but 5 goals or more then the moaners will be out in force, but its been a slow start so far this season lets hope it picks up soon

Nonleagueherewecome

Take your thyme
Talking of which, doesn't Rosemary and Thyme have a totally a ridiculous premise? What, we're supposed to believe that a late middle aged Felicity "Treacle" Kendall and Pam "ooooooooooooh!!!" Ferris are gardeners who, wherever they go in their empowering 4x4, people get murdered, and yet they somehow solve the case before the police can? And their names are utterly coincidentally the two key herbs featured in Scarborough Fair? How come they're never the police's top suspects, given that there is a pattern of people turning up dead wherever they go and their ready access to herbal poisons?

It's almost as if they created a show focused 100% on targeting a certain audience demographic whilst paying as little attention to realism as possible. I dunno, this feels like a timeslot ITV3 could be more productively filling with Morse and Frost re-runs...

Still, not as bad as Hathaway and Shakespeare, I suppose. Which is filming in Warwick currently, incidentally. Which is good news, as the crime rate in South Warwickshire has been outrageous since Dangerfield retired.

Last edited:

Captain Dart

And I''m very suspicious of that Jimmy Perez. No murders in Shetland for a decade then they drop like flies when he takes over the police station.

Nonleagueherewecome

Same on Jersey mate when my mate Jim Bergerac retired to France.
Crime just follows that bloke around, doesn't it?

My favourite Bergerac moment is when they have a shoot out, but for some reason-maybe watershed issues?-they don't show any of the shooting, just stills of the various participants posing with guns, ducking, shouting "aaaaaarrrrgh!!!" etc. Amazingly tacky.

My worst Bergerac moment was when they replaced the lovely theme tune with a terrible "modern" poppy version later on. Awful!

christonabike

Crime just follows that bloke around, doesn't it?

My favourite Bergerac moment is when they have a shoot out, but for some reason-maybe watershed issues?-they don't show any of the shooting, just stills of the various participants posing with guns, ducking, shouting "aaaaaarrrrgh!!!" etc. Amazingly tacky.

My worst Bergerac moment was when they replaced the lovely theme tune with a terrible "modern" poppy version later on. Awful!
Ive been on Trip advisor and reviewed a few places in Jersey as Charlie Hungerford and the owners have been very polite answering my reviews and asked me to say hello next time Im there!

Nonleagueherewecome

Ive been on Trip advisor and reviewed a few places in Jersey as Charlie Hungerford and the owners have been very polite answering my reviews and asked me to say hello next time Im there!
Ha, that's brilliant! I do love Charlie and his scheming. Like a high-rent Arthur Daley. Terrence Alexander also memorable for playing Lord Uxbridge, riding alongside Wellington in the movie Waterloo, and saying the immortal lines "By God, sir, I've lost my leg!" after having it shot off, to which Wellington replied "By God, sir, so you have!"

Captain Dart

Ha, that's brilliant! I do love Charlie and his scheming. Like a high-rent Arthur Daley. Terrence Alexander also memorable for playing Lord Uxbridge, riding alongside Wellington in the movie Waterloo, and saying the immortal lines "By God, sir, I've lost my leg!" after having it shot off, to which Wellington replied "By God, sir, so you have!"
That 'conversation' anacdotaly happened by all accounts. *

Nonleagueherewecome

That 'conversation' anacdotaly happened by all accounts. *
Ha, according to Wiki:

"Perhaps a more authentic version of this exchange comes from the diary of J. W. Croker, a friend of Wellington, written on 8 December 1818, in which he recounts a conversation with Horace Seymour, the man who carried the wounded Uxbridge from the battlefield. Seymour recalled that when Uxbridge was shot he cried out, "I have got it at last," to which the Duke of Wellington responded, "No? Have you, by God?""

That doesn't really make any sense so they were probably right to re-write it! Good old bit of early British PR/propaganda, what ho?

Users who are viewing this thread