David Bell (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CovisGod

I know he gets a lot of shit from people on here but footballing ability aside he's one of the most genuine players we've got off the field. I've sent him 3 or 4 tweets in the past and he replies EVERY time. Ask him anything about the club and he has the time of day to reply to the supporters of our club. Not saying people shouldn't boo him from the stands on a Saturday afternoon but the general consensus of "he's a prick, get rid" I feel is a bit harsh......Of course I'm sure most will disagree,

PUSB

ps. My new kits turned up yesterday, loving the look of the away kit, good value as we've got it for 2 seasons now :)

CJparker

Well fair play to him for that, but it's his effectiveness (or lack thereof) on the field where he will be judge.

I would always reply to your tweets/messages but you wouldn't want me in the City squad!

CovisGod

I think what I'm trying to say in a nut shell is it's fair to judge a player on the pitch but similarly there only human and sometimes don't deserve the shit they get, he seemingly things as much of Coventry as we do and for what it's worth was one of the first to say "I'm not going anywhere" at the start of the closed season,

I expected most to be against me on this to be fair :)

CovLis86

He only said that because he knew he'd just signed a bloody 4 year contract or whatever it was. I can only hope it was for less money than he was on, but that's very unlikely. I'm just really hoping he has found his level now in league one and can bring something to the team.

Sawyer

I think its our duty as supporters to get behind the whole club and all its players for a change instead of boo'ing and being negative.

CJparker

I do agree that fans are too quick to make abuse personal when a player performs badly, but the cynics on here will jump on your comment about "not going anywhere" as it is widely held that the club made a massive error by giving him a hugely-overgenerous contract for the next 2 seasons, which he has no chance of getting close to anywhere else, so why indeed would he leave?

Otis

Massive season for David Bell.

We have had manager after manager keep saying how good he is.

If he is what they say he is then he should be an absolute star in this division and should shine out like a beacon.

Let's see how he does. Same could be said for Macca, who should be far too good for this division. Get the feeling though he might well be fully aware of this fact that it is a level beneath him and spend most of the season on autopilot.

I think so much of how we do this season will be down to the attitude of the players and how much fight they possess in their bellies.

AFCCOVENTRY

To be honest I think his best position isn't on the wing. He probably would be better off in CM in an attacking position not as the DM.

shy_tall_knight

I was never convinced by Bell from the start, the odd flash of brilliance such as the 50 yard Doncaster goal but he drifted through games with minimal impact. step overs fancy flicks on the half way line mean nothing, as a winger its what you do in the final third that counts. IMO he hides in games as one of the senior players last year did he really give bigi and connor the support they needed. No pace, no goals 5 in 3 1/2 seasons in nearly 90 games just poor. We have a small squad but Bell doesn't make into many starting X1s when we pick the best starting team. Too many false dawns, I think most fans recognise Baker is ahead of him in the pecking order.

If Bell was to go to free up some wages I think most Cov fans would be happy. The logic of offering him an extended contract is up there with the sacking of Eric black in great club own goals.

Stevec189

Probably the best crosser of a football in the club. Beckhamesk in away but not as talented. We are used to thinking of wingers in the Tommy Hutchinson mold and bombing past the full back but they don't have to if they can get a decent cross in early. PUSB

skybluegod

TBH how can any player play well with such uncertentiy at the club, and the manager changing every season up till now, they don't know whats going to happen to them.

D

Deleted member 4232

Hopefully relegation kicks his ass into gear. And hopefully there was a relegation clause to drop wages in his contract. Not holding breath on either account.

Not knowing much about coventry, a few years ago, I thought I'd try my hand at FM2010. Bell was up there with the best in the championship. Disappointing he doesn't emulate this in the real world..

torchomatic

Let's see how he performs before slagging him off. I think he could surprise a few people this year.

1nilandwe...

He didn't have a great season last year but then again who did?

This season should be a clean slate and we should give him some support. After all, surely we all want him to play well for us.

He is David Bee-ee-ell,
David Bell,
Dave Bell,
David Bell.

(To the tune of Ring My Bell, obviously).

I sent him a tweet a few weeks back to try to boost his confidence as everyone seemed to be slating him (including me last season) ...
"@David7Bell is going to smash league one next season". Didn't get any response, maybe even HE thought I was being ironic?

Also I've never seen him cross like David Beckham. Don't know where that one came from.

Hope he has a decent season though as it really is about time.

valiant15

Torch,your like a stuck record,how many seasons does this waste of space need? Get rid and get a couple of other in.

I know he gets a lot of shit from people on here but footballing ability aside he's one of the most genuine players we've got off the field. I've sent him 3 or 4 tweets in the past and he replies EVERY time. :)

Well in that case we can excuse the utter shite he has provided in his 4 years at the club at a cost of over £1.3m in wages.....:facepalm:

hill83

He's got all the attributes except pace and any passion.
He's had enough chances in my opinion though, that being said I think we are now at his level. Barring any injuries I think he'll have a good season. By good season I mean 5 goals and 5 assists max.

Purely speculation so don't quote me on it.

shy_tall_knight

One of the first Cov teams that Bell played in.

Westwood, Wright, Fox, Dann, Turner, Henderson, Gunnarsson, Doyle, Bell (Eastwood 80), Morrison, Best (Simpson 72)

He is the only player still at the club. Most have been sold and others like Eastwood Wright very poor and shipped out. The fact he was bought for a big fee and big wages has underperformed in 3 and a half years but could be still here for another 3 seasons beggars belief. The apologists on this board for his underperformances amazes me. Its all ifs buts and maybes, we were nailed on for relegation with a poor squad yet he only managed to start 19 games last season, injuries aside of which there have been plenty he just does not have the desire and it shows.

Otis

I'm just getting a tad fed up of manager after manager saying what a good player he is, yet we hardly ever see it.

Recall Ray Ranson say a couple of seasons ago 'You watch David Bell go this season!"

He did fook all.

As I say, he should shine at this level. If he doesn't then he deserves the stick coming his way. If managers didn't keep saying what a good player he is then supporters might cut him a bit more slack, but if someone tells you to go and watch a film because it's great and then you go to the cinema and find it's bloody awful you have ever right to be disappointed.

It's not been just one manager. We have had a succession of managers say just how good he is. If he can't show that in League One then you feel it is all in his attitude to the game and desire to perform ... or lack of.

Sick Boy

Thanks to Thorn he will be here for another 3 years. He has always spoken highly of 'Belly' as well. I thought Thorn was supposed to be some sort of scouting genius?

Real

Bell is a good technical player, but because he doesn't charge around like a headless chicken chasing lost causes it translates into he's shit according to some. They wouldn't appreciate a proper footballer if George Best was reincarnated and playing for City.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?h0sa21

stupot07

Bell is just like Eastwood, he's got the ability but there's something lacking in his mentality, whether it's confidence I I don't know, but he doesn't seem to believe in his own ability. There are two goals he set up for sheffers, 1 last season and 1 the season before where he put through a inch perfect reverse pass through ball to sheffers to score. He's the only player with the ability to do that, he just doesn't show it enough.

Otis

Exactly.

What you are missing Real is how Stu puts it, he has the talent but simply doesn't show it.

D

Deleted member 4232

Seeing how he does in L1 is one of the things I am looking forward to about this season.

torchomatic

Scored some of the best goals I've seen. :jerkit:

Well in that case we can excuse the utter shite he has provided in his 4 years at the club at a cost of over £1.3m in wages.....:facepalm:

The Reverend Skyblue

so David Bell twitters, in my opinion a total waste of space and the decision to give this lazy twonk an extended contract has forced our hand to sell Bigi, lose Norwood and probably Keogh.
The wages of Bell, and that other waste of space Baker would have saved all the above ,if we had let there contracts expire. Bell could even tweet while he plays, as he does so little. One of the worst decisions in the last decade giving contracts to these two.

The Rev

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread