David Bell to Notts County (2 Viewers)

Sterling Archer

The thing that annoyed me about that Hughes substitution was it seemed completely unnecessary in the context of the game to make that substitution for tactical purposes. That and apparently they had another striker on the bench they could've bought on. Some things are bigger than football and Keith Curle went down massively in my opinion that day.

One thing that did make me laugh was the Cov fans booing the other bald sub who was warming up along the touchline thinking he was Lee Hughes.

andyboy81

Keith Curle is an absolute wanker for that... It was more a case of "I will do what I want" rather than a tactical switch...

The songs sung were without doubt the most brutal ripping of a player I have ever experienced.. well deserved though!!

VisitingPie

I would imagine it would be a year with options, but we might have had to go the extra mile (year) to get him. He's potentially a good player bar his injury record, and although I didn't see it apparently had a very good game against us in the final game of last season. Clubs like ours can't afford much and end up having to take a few risks with players like this, or ones that haven't realised their potential. Or perhaps our exceptional medical team believe they will make the difference! Anyway, we're about to find out!

georgehudson

VP, - he will mug you off, just as he did us, for far too long,
the only way you'd get value for money is a pay as you play plan,
he (DB), ought to donate a huge sum to the fans who've had to watch his 1 good game in 15

Sterling Archer

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against Notts County as a club (their fans that I've met are far better than any Forest ones I've encountered before) it's just Keith Curle's decision to do that left a bit of a sour taste. If Hughes had celebrated or even scored, it could've turned very ugly.

If you like your wingers to score one fantastic goal a season but have zero pace, never beat a man, fanny out of 50/50's and float his crosses straight at the keeper, then you've got a good deal.

shy_tall_knight

David Bell has and always will be a show pony, has a good first touch and can cross a ball but seems to spend all his time on the halfway line with minimal impact in the final third. His lack of pace is his biggest weakness, from what I saw of county there is plenty of pace so maybe he can afford to sit deep and contribute set pieces etc.. a lower league Beckham rephrase a non-league Becks glad his gone and if he was half as good as he thinks he is he would be twice as good as he is.

VisitingPie

I posted the link to all your comments on our messageboard, and usually we have tons of negative posters maligning signings. But strangely, despite all these comments which are definitely more negative than positive, he seems to be welcomed as a really good signing for us. I suppose we'll have to wait and see what happens when the season starts. I believe any new player deserves a chance, and Bell must know he's got a lot to prove if he wants to keep playing. I just hope he takes it...and doesn't spend most of the season injured. Our chairman is very careful with contracts so I would be surprised if there isn't a performance related clause in there somewhere.

Sutty

Bell will look a world-beater every now and again, but 95% of the time he's either injured or out of form.

If he gets a good injury free run, he'll be an excellent signing. A sensible club though would be offering a low basic wage with decent appearance money on top.

VisitingPie

Bell will look a world-beater every now and again, but 95% of the time he's either injured or out of form.

If he gets a good injury free run, he'll be an excellent signing. A sensible club though would be offering a low basic wage with decent appearance money on top.

This is what I'm hoping has happened. As I said we are usually pretty sensible with contracts, and have only ever offered one player (our goalie, Bart) more than 2 years.

NottsFan

Leacock was an injury prone donkey according to Leyton Orient fans after he left them. Goes on to be one of our best players of the season.

Brighton Sky Blue

This is what I'm hoping has happened. As I said we are usually pretty sensible with contracts, and have only ever offered one player (our goalie, Bart) more than 2 years.

Aye, the Notts chairman seems to be a shrewd bloke-a lot of people didn't think you'd stay in L1 for too long once those mysterious backers disappeared but he's really steadied the ship. If an overweight, prudish graduate from Imperial College comes knocking make sure he keeps the door shut.

Users who are viewing this thread