dave hockaday (1 Viewer)

torchomatic

Ex=-Leeds Boss Joins Staff

Says on Twitter, that Hockaday bloke.

woody11462

Exactly what I thought. If they were to let Presley go at any point, he would be a candidate for the job. Hopefully he'd last longer than he did at Leeds.

skybluebeduff

Just had a phone call from a friend in Leeds saying Leeds should of kept him as a coach.

I hope he takes control of training.

skybluepm2

I remember him being a very random appointment by Leeds in the Summer. Hadn't worked in almost 12 months after being sacked by Forest Green Rovers and didn't last too long under that maniac Italian. You can see what is going to happen; another 10 defeats in a row will finally see SISU lose faith, give Pressley the bullet 2 years too late and appoint this guy as 'caretaker'. He will win a couple of games, endearing himself to Waggott and Fisher who tie him down on a 4 year deal. We are already down, begin planning for the 'League 2 Tour' and things don't go according to plan despite his hard work, and ethos of bringing through youngsters. Pressley Mark II but in League II......Watch this space! (I may have gotten a tad carried away but with us, it could happen)

Evo1883

Bet pressleys all over the shop about this lol.As he would say ...Outstanding

chiefdave

A ready made, cheap replacement. To add a conspiracy here, they've brought him in to put pressure on Pressley, in the hope that he resigns once told that we're not sacking him, but demoting him to coach.

Interesting idea. If they did want to push SP out if they tell him this new chap is taking training and doing other parts of the managers job would he put up with it and keep collecting his money or resign?

Grendel

Interesting idea. If they did want to push SP out if they tell him this new chap is taking training and doing other parts of the managers job would he put up with it and keep collecting his money or resign?

Thorn put up with it. If they'd put him in stocks and pelted him with rotten tomatoes old rhino skin would still have collected his pay check.

Pressley - not so sure.

LJC_CCFC

In November 2014, he was appointed to an advisory role at non-league side Swindon Supermarine. Later that month, he took on the role of assistant manager at Swindon Supermarine on a temporary basis, with club director Jez Webb describing Hockaday's appointment as "humbling.

Not heard good things about him from those in Swindon.

Last edited:
Constructive dismiassal?

When I worked in HR(Human Relations) this would sound like a case for constructive dismissal and lead to a tribunal application. Oh wait a minute our owners are very good at this sort of thing aren't they?

torchomatic

Call me old fashioned but I think we should give him a chance.

In November 2014, he was appointed to an advisory role at non-league side Swindon Supermarine. Later that month, he took on the role of assistant manager at Swindon Supermarine on a temporary basis, with club director Jez Webb describing Hockaday's appointment as "humbling.

Not heard good things about from those in Swindon.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
He has a great record in non league doesn't he? Is that not where Leeds picked him up from?

Jokes aside, Leeds fans aren't the easiest to please, so if they rated him, he can't be all that bad.

Might be one who's a good coach but not Manager? Could only benefit us if that's the case

SkyBlue_Bear83

He has a great record in non league doesn't he? Is that not where Leeds picked him up from?

Jokes aside, Leeds fans aren't the easiest to please, so if they rated him, he can't be all that bad.

Might be one who's a good coach but not Manager? Could only benefit us if that's the case

No his non league record as manager was also very average which made his appointment all the stranger.

In his first year at Forest Green they were relegated from the Conference but then reinstated following Salisburys relegation for financial irregularities. In his second year they narrowly avoided relegation. The next two seasons they finished 10th both times despite reportedly having one of the biggest budgets in the division and he left by mutual consent (sacked?) in October 2013 after a poor start to the next season.

Chez78

Surely there is better available coaches for our youth set up? Granted I've not witnessed his coaching first hand but his non league record is at best average and I'm being very generous with that.

If he gets anywhere near running the first team we will have become the biggest joke in football.

Nonleagueherewecome

Surely there is better available coaches for our youth set up? Granted I've not witnessed his coaching first hand but his non league record is at best average and I'm being very generous with that.

If he gets anywhere near running the first team we will have become the biggest joke in football.

Bit late for that, isn't it? :laugh:

He has a good reputation from his time as a coach at Watford. Didn't he "discover" Ashley Young or something?A fresh voice in Pressley's ear can only be a positive, although it seems that he's really only just replaced the chap who was coaching the U21's and has left, so one assumes that his remit will primarily be them.

Nonleagueherewecome

Oh and he used to be an awesome coach on FM, along with other now well-known names like Steve Round and John Carver.

Users who are viewing this thread