Dave Gorman (1 Viewer)

Otis

Still have to watch last week's.

As I'm off today, maybe this is my time...
Better than the first one or two. I enjoyed those, but this one was funnier. I love it when he plays little tricks on his friends etc.

Otis

Oh. Really?

I have a series link set. It's not recorded anything yet.

Will go and check.

Otis

Hmm, not so sure.

Upon Googling, the only thing I can see is him saying there will be no more Modern Life is Goodish.

That was in December 2017.

Sky Blue Harry H

I'm a fan- although not to CCFC obsessive levels. Seen him twice at Warwick University - he autographed one of his books for me. My wife loves him and we (including my 12 year old) have been watching Modern life is goodish - one of those things we are all happy to watch together. The little tricks/quirky things he does are part of what I like about him too. I suspect he is like a slightly less 'in your face' version of Lee Mack in terms of pranks (I am constantly staggered by the 'True' versions of events/activities/pranks that Lee Mack has been involved in on 'Would I lie to you'

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

He's not making any more Modern Life Is Goodish because he says it's just too time consuming and hectic. He's a witty and clever man and I enjoy his stuff even if you won't be rolling in the aisles.

There's people like Lee Evans and Michael McIntyre whose comedy is incredibly generic and basic but they can deliver it in an incredibly funny way, helped by their natural physicality, whereas there are other comedians who're far more intellectual about their comedy but I find it too much hard work for the laugh, like Stewart Lee, because it's just too awkward. Long silences, overuse of repetition etc.

On the face of it I should hate Ross Noble - it's so chaotic it's almost improv and he gets sidetracked despite trying really hard not to and though it can be hit and miss the few times I've seen him he's had me crying with laughter at times at the absurdity of the tangents he makes.

My favourite of recent years has been Dara O'Briain, but that's probably because I think I've got quite similar interests. I had to watch his video games bit three times before I'd actually heard it all because I was laughing so hard.

ajsccfc

My favourite of recent years has been Dara O'Briain, but that's probably because I think I've got quite similar interests. I had to watch his video games bit three times before I'd actually heard it all because I was laughing so hard.
His routine about Metal Gear Solid has to be the most I've ever related to observational comedy

Captain Dart

Saw Dave Gorman at Arts Centre last year, thought he was great, going to see him there again in November.

I thought Ross Noble's show there last year was a bit poor.

FYI Dara O'Briain is on in November too.

Users who are viewing this thread