Dave Busst (1 Viewer)

kg82

It's because he was on Goldstein's show on talksport on Saturday. Goldstein tweeted a picture of his leg after.

ajsccfc

I remember years ago he was a guest on some Johnny Vaughan chat show that tied in with a World Cup or Euro and he showed off the scarring at the front, but I don't recall seeing the withered calf at the back. Not pretty.

skybluetony176

Thats the first time I've seen a picture of his leg but I do remember being told years ago by someone that it looked like a shark bite. They were right.

pusbccfc

Decent article. The guy deserves a lot of credit for his work in the city.

H

Huckerby

Used to do week long football courses at finham park school. He was running them so often stud at the front in football kit and spoke to the hall full of kids. I remember not knowing who he was and wondering what had happened to his leg

SlowerThanPlatt

I was at the match. It was an awful injury - coming from one of those collisions that look like nothing and happen all the time. I was a fair distance away but you could tell from the reaction of the players that it was bad. I remember them mopping up after he was carried off and Schmeichel drying off a bloody puddle with his towel. Grim injury.

I remember the stories about infection at the time and hearing that he might lose the leg. Seeing his leg now, I'm not that surprised by the damage, it must have been a fight to keep it.

bringbackrattles

I've suffered a double ankle break and have a pin and a rod still in there and the pain is immense and to hear the ankle crack is stuff of nightmares. But that is nothing compared with his career ending injury and I remember watching it on the telly at the time and seeing the reaction of the players and knowing it was serious.

kg82

I've suffered a double ankle break and have a pin and a rod still in there and the pain is immense and to hear the ankle crack is stuff of nightmares. But that is nothing compared with his career ending injury and I remember watching it on the telly at the time and seeing the reaction of the players and knowing it was serious.

I was at my mates house and we used to check ceefax and teletext regularly! I remember checking it and it just saying "in play: game delayed" but no other information for ages. We were completely confused what was going on.

jimmyhillsfanclub

Eeee I don't know.....I've had worse shaving.....big pansy....nowt a magic sponge wouldn't cure back in my day...just run it off lad.

bringbackrattles

I was at my mates house and we used to check ceefax and teletext regularly! I remember checking it and it just saying "in play: game delayed" but no other information for ages. We were completely confused what was going on.
I'm surprised it was nearly twenty years doesn't seem that long ago. I watched it in a club and I think it was a Sunday match ?It has to be the worst football injury ever and to think it could have led to him losing the leg.But I can't remember if he was a decent player to be honest as this injury overshadowed his ability ?

kg82

I'm surprised it was nearly twenty years doesn't seem that long ago. I watched it in a club and I think it was a Sunday match ?It has to be the worst football injury ever and to think it could have led to him losing the leg.But I can't remember if he was a decent player to be honest as this injury overshadowed his ability ?

Nope, pretty sure it was a Saturday at 3 kick off... Only because I usually went round my mates on a Saturday as I played footy on the Sunday.

It was bad for sure. But there have been worse. I remember a Croatian league match where the players momentum took him off the pitch and he went head first into a concrete pillar. He was in a coma for a few days then passed away.

Gint11

Somebody mentioned Ceefax above. It reminded me, I used to love teletext and refreshing it to check the latest scores!

bringbackrattles

Nope, pretty sure it was a Saturday at 3 kick off... Only because I usually went round my mates on a Saturday as I played footy on the Sunday.

It was bad for sure. But there have been worse. I remember a Croatian league match where the players momentum took him off the pitch and he went head first into a concrete pillar. He was in a coma for a few days then passed away.
There will be a thread soon about the worst football injuries ? I've seen some nasty injuries inflicted on fans as well especially back in the 70's and 80's hooligan days !

rupert_bear

Watch the incident I claim it was a foul by Dennis Irwin just as it looked like Busst was about to score from a corner, not saying it was a bad one or deliberate but Irwin was a fraction late unfortunately

SkyBlue_Bear83

Watch the incident I claim it was a foul by Dennis Irwin just as it looked like Busst was about to score from a corner, not saying it was a bad one or deliberate but Irwin was a fraction late unfortunately

Which tackle was it, that caused the damage? Its hard to tell on video, full speed far away. From the photos it looks like Mcclair sliding in high up may have been the culprit.

kg82

Nah, definitely not a foul. Remember, this was 20 years ago when they weren't trying so much to make it into a game for pussies! Just 2 players trying to stop 1 from scoring. There wasn't actually much contact either, but enough for him to get his studs stuck in the turf and THAT'S what broke his leg.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I remember his testimonial a while later. It was against a Man Utd XI. I remember a lot of the top players of the day turning up, even some that didn't play for United, Paul Gascoigne was one I'm sure? Anyone else remember it?

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I knew Cantona was playing but I'd forgotten about Les Ferdinand.

Users who are viewing this thread