Dave Boddy (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Pete

Off the Facebook forum

something for @Grendel to get behind

In recent times, Dave Boddy's remarkable leadership as CEO of Coventry City Football Club has steered the team to the brink of promotion into the prestigious Premier League. His steadfast guidance and strategic decisions have played a pivotal role in the club's success, transforming them into strong contenders for promotion.

Under Boddy's stewardship, Coventry City has seen significant improvements on and off the field, with the team performing exceptionally well in matches and the management ensuring a stable and supportive environment for the players. The club's potential promotion is a testament to the resilience and determination that Dave Boddy has instilled in the organisation.

In 2023, as Coventry City finds itself closer than ever to again achieving Premier League status, it is undeniable that Dave Boddy's influence has been instrumental in this journey. The once unsung hero has now emerged as a celebrated figure, praised for his unwavering commitment and exceptional leadership that has propelled the club to the cusp of greatness.

As a Coventry City supporter, I would like to personally thank Mr Boddy for everything he has done for our beloved football club, a total gentleman.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Scared Episode 14 GIF by The Simpsons

clint van damme

Off the Facebook forum

In recent times, Dave Boddy's remarkable leadership as CEO of Coventry City Football Club has steered the team to the brink of promotion into the prestigious Premier League. His steadfast guidance and strategic decisions have played a pivotal role in the club's success, transforming them into strong contenders for promotion.

Under Boddy's stewardship, Coventry City has seen significant improvements on and off the field, with the team performing exceptionally well in matches and the management ensuring a stable and supportive environment for the players. The club's potential promotion is a testament to the resilience and determination that Dave Boddy has instilled in the organisation.

In 2023, as Coventry City finds itself closer than ever to again achieving Premier League status, it is undeniable that Dave Boddy's influence has been instrumental in this journey. The once unsung hero has now emerged as a celebrated figure, praised for his unwavering commitment and exceptional leadership that has propelled the club to the cusp of greatness.

As a Coventry City supporter, I would like to personally thank Mr Boddy for everything he has done for our beloved football club, a total gentleman.

off facebook you say, well that's me changed my mind.

Grendel

Off the Facebook forum

I guess by the same argument Tim Fisher is a success as his boss?

I don’t really see why I’m singled out as most people whom mention him on here think he’s useless, out his depth and needs the sack

Grendel

I hope King looks at this. I’ve tried through my company to get some sponsorship of the club - Boddy, Hornsby and Scope have despite repeated attempts failed to engage - it’s a national league operation

Rebecca Shortland - whatever her role is - has been the opposite and been enormously helpful regarding specific requests - it’s embarrassing as I assume she is below the hierarchy to the other jokers

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Off the Facebook forum

"Remarkable Leadership" ---- this has to be a wind up.

Yorkshire SB

I hope King looks at this. I’ve tried through my company to get some sponsorship of the club - Boddy, Hornsby and Scope have despite repeated attempts failed to engage - it’s a national league operation

Rebecca Shortland - whatever her role is - has been the opposite and been enormously helpful regarding specific requests - it’s embarrassing as I assume she is below the hierarchy to the other jokers
Tbf I think most football clubs outside the prem are pretty poorly run. The staff are all grossly underpaid and stretched way too thin. Doesn’t surprise me that it’s a shit show. That said Boddy will be largely judged on the first team performance, which clearly has been good.

Grendel

Tbf I think most football clubs outside the prem are pretty poorly run. The staff are all grossly underpaid and stretched way too thin. Doesn’t surprise me that it’s a shit show. That said Boddy will be largely judged on the first team performance, which clearly has been good.

Coventry rugby Club have been far more helpful

Norwich have £15m of sponsorship and commercial activity - that’s the benchmark Boddy needs measuring against

Grendel

Yorkshire SB

Norwich have £15m of sponsorship and commercial activity - that’s the benchmark Boddy needs measuring against
True but Norwich have also bounced around the PL a fair bit, whereas we’ve not always had a stadium to play in, hard to compare.

Grendel

True but Norwich have also bounced around the PL a fair bit, whereas we’ve not always had a stadium to play in, hard to compare.

I fail to see what a CEO has to do with on pitch results. If that’s the case then you have to accept I guess Tim Fisher is the most successful and talented chairman the club has ever seen?

bawtryneal

The total is £33 million isn’t it so I made an assumption on the amount of ST sales
Turnover is approx 33 million, you are correct.
Need to breakdown TV money and PL parachute payments.
Sponsorship and commercial approx 8.5 million at Norwich.
Cov are approx 6 million.
Rotherham approx 3.5 million.

Grendel

Turnover is approx 33 million, you are correct.
Need to breakdown TV money and PL parachute payments.
Sponsorship and commercial approx 8.5 million at Norwich.
Cov are approx 6 million.
Rotherham approx 3.5 million.

Turniber was £133 million

Perryccfc

Ok so do you not like Boddy because he is incompetent at his job? Or because he won’t engage in your sponsorship requests?

fernandopartridge

I read something the other day about Coventry which talked about it having more than the average number of large companies headquartered here, and yet...

Adge

Think he’ll be shown the door in the summer anyway-last of the Sisu stooges and I guess King will want his own take on things and people in place.

Brighton Sky Blue

The manager gets judged on that last time I checked. Boddy oversaw the pitch nonsense and pretending to sell Hyam for reasons other than being skint.

He is the Andy Thorn of our time

Grendel

Ok so do you not like Boddy because he is incompetent at his job? Or because he won’t engage in your sponsorship requests?

Lol

rob9872

Tbf to Boddy he was like a breath of fresh air in being engaging after the lack of comms from Fisher, however soon became apparent that despite being a nice guy, he didn't really have any skin in the game and couldn't influence decisions. He was merely a puppet and a public face to their ongoing.

He's been shown up massively at this level and should've been left behind long before now, but equally can see some merit in a smooth transition until Doug better understands football. I'm sure he'll be gone in the new season and on Doug's track record he'll appoint someone who can help us progress. Undoubtedly they will cost more and Boddy is the cheap option, but like most things in life, you get what you pay for.

I see no reason we should wish him malice having overseen a successful period and I'm sure it will enhance his cv, but end of season feels a good time to part.

skyblu3sk

It probably depends on the level of sponsorship you are looking to give if it's in the hundreds of K's I'd expect Boddy to be working with you if it isn't then I'd expect people working for him to. Just like in my role if we were only spending a few k I'd leave it to others if it's a few million I'd probably want to understand what we get for it.

Users who are viewing this thread