Dave Boddy leaving in January - John Taylor in! (1 Viewer)

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

Has someone hacked your account?

Last time I heard you discuss Boddy, the words 'non-league CEO' were mentioned!

I think you’ll find that was by our wonderful head of recruitment, Dean Austin, who has been as much use as Russel Slade’s hairdryer.

I’m sure Doug King is busy prancing around his office to his silly song, thinking of a way to charge £30 for Oxford at home tickets, but as soon as he’s done, I’m sure he will be busy scowling non-league for a Boddy replacement.

mmttww

Now he’s just some Boddy that we used to know.
mr t dancing GIF

Skyblueweeman

Personally, I'd like to thank DB. He gave my (at the time, fledgling) business the chance to look after the teams hotel stuff. Now in my 4th season do this for the club I love, I owe him a lot for giving me that chance.

I'll leave it for others to discuss how he rates. The few times I met him, he came across as a decent guy.

Good luck to him in his next venture.

higgs

Seems a decent bloke we are in a much better position now from where he started out with us good luck in the future Mr Boddy

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Adge

In boddys defence , he has added some fantastic achievements at coventry to his CV hasn't he ..

Always good to chat to at the services on the way home from away games
While eating his McDonalds.
Last of the Sisu stooges to leave the building but in fairness he repaired a lot of the damage between the fans and the club.
Not sure he sits as well with fans of Worcester City…….

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Didn’t see that coming!…

I did as soon as they announced the COO vacancy

Shame, as despite the reservations when he first arrived I think he has actually done a decent job whilst here.

He’s seen us through a lot, but has just got on with it.

Good luck Dave

Tommo1993

I did as soon as they announced the COO vacancy

Shame, as despite the reservations when he first arrived I think he has actually done a decent job whilst here.

He’s seen us through a lot, but has just got on with it.

Good luck Dave
The “…” was sarcasm.

alexccfc99

Say what you want but if SISU had appointed someone like Dave Boddy years earlier instead of putting their own people in charge of the day to day running of the club I’d hedge my bets and say the recent history of this football club would look very different

Kilclines curly mullet

Met Boddy on a number of occasions outside the ground and even at service stations on the way to and from games.

Always spoke openly and was as up front as he could be

Decisions were taken \ made above his head which he had to get on with whether he liked it or not

I personally think that he has done a good job in difficult circumstances and was approachable unlike Fisher etc

I wish him well.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Met Boddy on a number of occasions outside the ground and even at service stations on the way to and from games.

Always spoke openly and was as up front as he could be

Decisions were taken \ made above his head which he had to get on with whether he liked it or not

I personally think that he has done a good job in difficult circumstances and was approachable unlike Fisher etc

I wish him well.
To be fair the one key decision the club got right in the past 6/7 years was to re-hire robins. that was a Fisher decision

Saddlebrains

So since Kings came in, the people who resigned are:
Boddy
Head of finance
Head of HR
Head analyst
Head physio

And all king has done is promote Tynan Scope whos pony at his job

If you don't treat your staff right 🤷

Saddlebrains

We've had years of people saying the club is run terribly and the people employed are clueless. Are we now going to do a 180 as people are leaving and pretend everyone was amazing and we won't be able to cope without them?

Not at all

Just adds credence i feel to what i was told during the kit fiasco, Dougs came in and decided he wants to run every facet of the club and it's not a nice place to work (at the time probably better now)

From what i gather he has now started listening to those around him and realised you cant run a football club like a fucking vegetable oil empire so lets hope

Viktor17

Not at all

Just adds credence i feel to what i was told during the kit fiasco, Dougs came in and decided he wants to run every facet of the club and it's not a nice place to work (at the time probably better now)

From what i gather he has now started listening to those around him and realised you cant run a football club like a fucking vegetable oil empire so lets hope
And that’s only natural right. People leaving is also natural under new leadership, heard opposite actually that new opportunities, process and structure trying to be put in place and there is a plan.

Everyone hates change and it’s often painful, but doesn’t mean it’s bad.

A good leader also listens and sounds like that’s a tick now also.

long way to go, think we will be ok.

Grendel

I don't think it's coincidence that the rise from L2 started with his appointment. A major upgrade on Fisher. But 7 years in the job is a long time, and it's probably time for fresh ideas

Fisher appointed Robins and Robins would never be here if it wasn’t for Fisher. He actually was far far superior but was just basically the Lap dog for Sappalla

SlowerThanPlatt

Fisher appointed Robins and Robins would never be here if it wasn’t for Fisher. He actually was far far superior but was just basically the Lap dog for Sappalla
Anderson was also okay in his short time - helped structure a deal which the club has still been benefitting from 7 years later.

Users who are viewing this thread