Darren huckerby (1 Viewer)

speedie87

Thanks for putting a smile on my families face on a very sad day. Brought back old memories and created new ones.

mrbluesky87

My lads favourite new player, all I got walking home was Huckerby this, Huckerby be that. We have to be reminded as well that have watched lower league football for a while, Hucks and Whelan were premiership class and couldn't you tell.

shmmeee

Would have him in the side now. Lost a bit of pace but seems to have learned the offside rule :D

sky_blue_up_north

He was great today his pace was amazing two great goals, the last one was great way to finnish the game. I'd sign up today for league 1

WillieStanley

They had him as off-side constantly in the second half!! Whelan and Huckerby showed so much class. I felt like I was 14 again! Imagine if Dion, McAllister, Shaw et al had have played!

TheHellion

It's a true reminder of what we had once. It seems totally alien to say we had players of that quality once. Great to see Hucks, Whelan and Froggatt in Sky Blue again. They were part of the club when I was growing up. And they still looked class.

sky_blue_up_north

the fact Bruck and Goodwin even got on the pitch was amazing. Deitmar still has some nice touches, credit to them both real legends...

BurbageSkyBlues

Thoroughly enjoyable day today, at the Ricoh.great to see so many old boys who still had that touch, even if not the pace.

Met Darren Huckerby before the match, he was kind enough to pose for photos etc, including with my four year old grandson who was making his first ever visit to a sky blues football game

elephanttears

I think it shows what the club meant and still means to Darren Huckerby. He is always on about our current situation and came to play because of his genuine concern about the club. When he was at his best for us he was unplayable, didn't realise he was still only 37. The same for frogatt and whelan, you could tell at the time they loved playing for the club in those happy days.

Users who are viewing this thread