Darren Brown Apocalypse (1 Viewer)

Otis

My world ended the day I got married.

Sent from my KIS using Tapatalk 2

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Why you saying a couple of months? You know when it was filmed then?..............

Otis, I find it hard to believe that this bloke has suddenly become a teacher? I went to uni to do a Batchelor of Education degree - something required for teaching - this took 4 years, then a further 12 months teacher training. All in all 5 years. So this was filmed over 5 years ago? I don't think so.:thinking about:

Maybe a teaching assistant or similar?

Sky

Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm 90% in the first show it said something along the lines of "September 2012 1 week before apocalypse" when showing his everyday life. May be wrong though.

Sky

I agree with alot of what you say Otis and alot I admit makes sense however the things such as being hypnotised and collapsing on the phone is unthinkable to me and will remain that way until I see/feel it for myself

Otis

I got the heart and courage thing, but didn't realise he was actaully trying to recreate the Wizard of Oz! Albeit with zombies. :claping hands:

Brown's latest blog:

We all survived. Steven is a finer Steven than before: despite a week of negative Twitter speculation reported disingenuously in the Sun, he really did do it and he really is a better man for it. For those wondering what has happened to him since, Steven now works as a teaching assistant in a special-needs school, a job he finds much more rewarding then the series of positions he held before. And I think in time he’ll make an excellent teacher. For now he’s keeping his Twitter and FaceBook set to private, but I’m sure before too long he’ll open them up and you’ll be able to ask him about his experience.

The show was, as many of you spotted, The Wizard of Oz with zombies. Our Dorothy (you’ll have noted the Kansas Autos sign on our mechanic’s van who visits Steven’s house) did not seek a place over the rainbow, but nonetheless had to learn that there is no place like home. With some extra motivation and carpe diem thrown in: L. Frank Baum’s message that you don’t need to go looking anywhere further than your own back yard always struck me as a little limiting.

After the tornado/apocalypse, our Dorothy encounters Leona – of course a cheap play on ‘lion’ – to discover courage and responsibility, a scarecrow (Iain) who becomes indecisive and necessitates a new alpha-male in the group, and a tin-man (Danny) who, having no heart, makes it necessary for Steven to find his own.

The Yellow Brecon Road awaits to take Steven to salvation, but it is Oscar Zulu from Emerald Communications – the wizard (ahem) behind the curtain – who provides the noisy, army equivalent of his hot air balloon to take them away. You’ll have spotted the graphic on the side of the helicopter.

Like Dorothy, Steven is left behind: before he can return home he has to say what he has learnt from his experience, and what he has known all along. Which he does, movingly, in the video tape he makes for his family. To encourage this moment, we had him see the others do the same and held the camera held back from him until he was ready. That done, and his lesson learnt, cue the deus ex machina of the phone call (I know now I should have floated down in Glinda’s bubble for absolute authenticity) and he’s magically transported back home to a life now dramatically reassessed.

Very clever!

Users who are viewing this thread