Darren Bent's Son (1 Viewer)

Gynnsthetonic

glasgowfan

ccfc1234

Reading about this in the telegraph and they make a big mention about his dad's career stats. Its not a racehorse situation footballing skill is not quite that hereditary!

Good luck to the lad could be the next Wilson who knows!

steve cooper

Reading about this in the telegraph and they make a big mention about his dad's career stats. Its not a racehorse situation footballing skill is not quite that hereditary!

Good luck to the lad could be the next Wilson who knows!
I think the big differentiator is that a successful footballing dad (especially with an international career) is generally likely to put a lot of work and effort into their child's early training and keep them at it.
A number of examples are Tony Hateley, Frank Lampard, Peter Schmeichel, Ian Wright, Patrick Kliuvert, Andy Cole, and Des Walker (which won't be a very popular example)

Greggs

Had a mate called Darren Bentson at school, he was one of those kids that was massive and had loads of body hair. I remember one day, during the winter we were having a snowball war one lunchtime, i packed a beauty - squeezed it so tight it was practically an ice ball, found my target (darren was massive) threw it with all my might and the bullet hit him directly in the middle of his chest. The school had to call an ambulance as he couldn't breathe from the impact. Snowball wars were cancelled and i lost all my friends. Fuckin Darren Bentson.

ccfc1234

I think the big differentiator is that a successful footballing dad (especially with an international career) is generally likely to put a lot of work and effort into their child's early training and keep them at it.
A number of examples are Tony Hateley, Frank Lampard, Peter Schmeichel, Ian Wright, Patrick Kliuvert, Andy Cole, and Des Walker (which won't be a very popular example)
I completely agree the parents passion for the sport will ensure if the child has ability it will be nurtured. I was more saying that the telegraph article was written like he might be a good signing as his dad was a decent player. It could well turn out that way but there are not that many footballing dynasties as it's only the top 1%, if that, who make it to the top of the game.

FulltimeWum

Have you tried to prove a link with 7 players?

steve cooper

Have you tried to prove a link with 7 players?
No, just 7 examples. CCFC1234 makes the point much better than I have. It's human nature for a parent to want their child to excel if they have an ability. It's effectively private coaching from a top professional, it gives any child a massive advantage to maximise any potential they have.

Terry Gibson's perm

The fathers name will also open doors look at the Beckham family they kept getting academy gigs when they were obviously not good enough.

stupot07

From what I hear he has definitely been signed due to who is dad is, he's the weakest of the group by far.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

stupot07

Thats a huge geberalisation, If that was the case English football would be dominated by ex professionals sons, rather than it be the exception as it is.

stupot07

This must be a record for the youngest player to have been written off on here.
Where did I write him off? Just said that he was the weakest player there. The likelihood of making is as a professional footballer is miniscule.

Users who are viewing this thread