Darlington terminate contracts on all players (1 Viewer)

skybluealan

Darlington have just terminated the contracts of the manager and all first team players. What has happened to Darlington over the past few years is happening to Coventry. Neither team own the ground. Both have new grounds. Both were owned by crooks.

kg82

Technically similar positions, yes, but I don't think this would ever happen to us. Such a shame for them and for football. This shouldn't be allowed to happen.

Skyblueloyal

Sad to see feel for there fans tonight, I don't want to see any football team Finnish like this not even Villa or Leicester as it the fans who feel it most

Brighton Sky Blue

RIP Darlo. So many other clubs heading the same way whilst others plough ahead under sugar daddies and obscure consortia-modern football takes no prisoners.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Like I said in an earlier post...... football clubs are just playthings for rich bastards, and when they've finished with their toy, they discard it.

bamalamafizzfazz

Terrible to see a football club go this way. Darlington FC will live on in their hearts and a new AFC Darlington (or something similar) will rise from this. Remember their heroes of yester-year? Gazza and Joachim those days may one day come again.

Good luck to them in future.

Real

What happened to George Reynolds? I know he was a crook, but didn't he try and get them going once he'd gone straight?

skybluealan

What happened to George Reynolds? I know he was a crook, but didn't he try and get them going once he'd gone straight?

George Reynolds ended up going back to prison. I think 18months. He is now out, last I heard he was selling perfume. He was the main culprit for where Darlington are today

cloughie

The real crux (pardon the pun) is the football league as they are supposed to do a fit and proper persons check etc Yet Darlington, Brum Pompy and who knows anything about our owners. The league are a sham of an organisation running it with self interest,

Any old crook could own us and probabley do

The CableGuy

You look at Darlington and think "that could be us soon." :(

They're not the only team (ex-team?) with a huge ground on the edge of the city which hardly gets filled (or even half-filled).

skybluealan

Just heard on BBC Look North that Darlington will be told today if they will be wound up. League need to know today if the match against Fleetwood is off next Saturday. RIP DARLO

Users who are viewing this thread