Danny Kelly - Talksport (1 Viewer)

Sbarcher

Just on now - despite all of the sackings etc, he said most incredible football story is our away support at MK Dons. Took 7,000 fans and have sent a strong message to the owners about playing in Northampton.
Thanks Danny and well done SBA.

Walking Bird

I listen TalkSport a lot & nearly always hear them being supportive.
MIck Quinn obviously always but Mark Saggers & Stan Collymore have also been complimentary about Cov fans.

6 Generations

Danny Kelly is a top broadcaster. In touch with real fans.

Baker and Kelly was a good listen, and more recently Kelly and Quinn.

It was my first time watching the Sky Blues this season.

The final 30 minutes was great to watch.
The atmosphere was brilliant.

Most fans behaved.

A very small minority didn't!!

bringbackrattles

Met up on Saturday with fans who I haven't seen for a while due to us not going to Northampton.
We said we are all at that age where we only see each other at City away games and the odd funeral !
I've been following the Sky Blues for fifty years and still lover the banter and having a drink with fellow fans especially on days like at MK Dons,and when the place erupted at the end it sent shivers down the spine !

ohitsaidwalker king power

Other than the Tottenham games last year,when we travelled in hope rather than expectation- MK was my sons first away day where there has been a large Sky Blue following- we went to Walsall this year and whilst the support was tremendous-it was lacking in terms of true numbers. I watched him ignite with passion and excitement as goals 1, 2 and 3 went in... his 13 years portrayed in boyish exhuberance and like TommyDazzleTommy suggests it reminded me all those years ago when I went with my dad and how I fell in love with the sky blues- was great to watch him. Right of passage granted-Connection made. Forever Sky Blue.

Last edited:

skybluetony176

It was one of those afternoons that reminds you of why you fell in love with football.

agree 100%. great atmosphere (in our bit anyway) great away day out (train, beers, BK & Subway=happy) and loosing 1st half, winning 2nd half in style to win the game makes for a great game, you cant beat a comeback.

Monners

I am probably a bit too old to be standing on my seat and waving a scarf around, but it just sort of happened for the second goal. Lent someone of a similar age my scarf for the third goal so he could repeat the act. Was like the old days (when these sorts of days would come round every now and then), but it was all tinged with differing emotions. Great to all be together, but a few tears in eyes at the end (me included), with regard to where the fans are at the moment.
By the way, there are pubs in Fenny Stratford (one or two did well not to fall in the canal!)

Qwerty70

Couldn't agree more with some of these posts. Took my 12 year old on saturday. He's been wearing a spurs kit to training cos has lost connection with club. He is even going to a spurs game over Xmas. Can't blame him, if the younger generation don't go they can't form the bond u need 2 support a lower league club. Saturday was fantastic : when the free kicks went in he and I ballistic : priceless moments for father and son . . . . Next trip Rotherham. For the sake of the next generation we need out club back in our city asap. I can't leave my club, the bond is un breakable, for those a lot younger than I that isn't the case.

bringbackrattles

It's heartbreaking to see our young fans missing out and showing interest in other clubs.
As a kid we nearly all wore our Sky Blue kit over the field playing,but now it's rare to see kids wearing our club colours more like Chelsea,Man United, Liverpool etc.

LJC_CCFC

Got a text from my mate (an Arsenal fan who is from Cov and never been to an Arsenal game) just after the third went in saying, 'Boom! 7 points clear' (after they beat Cardiff), simply replied, 'DON'T GIVE A F*CK COV WINNING AWAY 7000 FANS REAL F*CKING FOOTBALL'...Its safe to say Saturday is the reason we all live for football

Users who are viewing this thread