Danny Ings (1 Viewer)

Terry Gibson's perm

With Danny Ings signing a contract at Liverpool but no fee agreed between the clubs does anybody know what would happen if the tribunal set the price and the club signing the player said we can't afford to pay that and don't want the player probably more likely to happen further down the pyramid.

Covstu

Does he have 6 months to run on his contract? My understanding is that another club can start negotiations with that player in this timescale but dependant on his age there would be a fee (ala Bosman). I think they would have to stump the cash up regardless as this player would be technically theirs if they signed a contract but obviously seems a wee bit backwards??

Not sure he is the right fit for them and wouldnt class him as a top 4 player but good luck to him and am liking that Liverpool are signing alot of English players similar to Man Utd did under fergy.

Terry Gibson's perm

Does he have 6 months to run on his contract? My understanding is that another club can start negotiations with that player in this timescale but dependant on his age there would be a fee (ala Bosman). I think they would have to stump the cash up regardless as this player would be technically theirs if they signed a contract but obviously seems a wee bit backwards??

Not sure he is the right fit for them and wouldnt class him as a top 4 player but good luck to him and am liking that Liverpool are signing alot of English players similar to Man Utd did under fergy.

No no totally out of contract but under 23 so a fee has to agreed I think Burnley wanted 10 million

skybluebennett

You can start negotiations with players that have under 6 months left on their contract for european based players, not including UK. You can only start negotiations with UK based players when they have less than 1 month left on their contract.

So Ings could not have signed for an English team until very recently. However he could have signed with european teams, excluding UK teams, from January.

If the payer is under 24, a compensation fee is neccessary to protect the 'selling' club from losing young (accademy) players for nothing. If the buying club, Liverpool, can't agree a compensation fee with the selling club, Burnley, then a tribunal settles the compensation fee. Liverpool must either agree a fee with Burnley before the tribunal, or pay the compensation fee that the tribunal settles on.

SkyBlue_Bear83

With Danny Ings signing a contract at Liverpool but no fee agreed between the clubs does anybody know what would happen if the tribunal set the price and the club signing the player said we can't afford to pay that and don't want the player probably more likely to happen further down the pyramid.

The tribunal would likely set the fee to be paid in installments, if the paying club failed to pay the club would be placed under embargo until they did pay and if they still couldn't pay they could face a winding up order I would guess.

I don't think the club could refuse to pay the tribunal just because they don't think its a fair valuation.

Similar happened to us with Best and Borrwdale when we signed them. SISU had to pay off the tribunal fees when they arrived as the previous regime couldn't afford it.

Terry Gibson's perm

The tribunal would likely set the fee to be paid in installments, if the paying club failed to pay the club would be placed under embargo until they did pay and if they still couldn't pay they could face a winding up order I would guess.

I don't think the club could refuse to pay the tribunal just because they don't think its a fair valuation.

Similar happened to us with Best and Borrwdale when we signed them. SISU had to pay off the tribunal fees when they arrived as the previous regime couldn't afford it.

The he tribunals tend to go fairly low in valuation from memory I guess once it has been set the buying club could even go back and make an offer of early payment for a lesser figure if the sellers were a bit stuck for cash.

Covstu

You can start negotiations with players that have under 6 months left on their contract for european based players, not including UK. You can only start negotiations with UK based players when they have less than 1 month left on their contract.

So Ings could not have signed for an English team until very recently. However he could have signed with european teams, excluding UK teams, from January.

If the payer is under 24, a compensation fee is neccessary to protect the 'selling' club from losing young (accademy) players for nothing. If the buying club, Liverpool, can't agree a compensation fee with the selling club, Burnley, then a tribunal settles the compensation fee. Liverpool must either agree a fee with Burnley before the tribunal, or pay the compensation fee that the tribunal settles on.

there you go!

wingy

Yeah remember It worked really well for us when the Skates stole Hately from us In the 80's

Users who are viewing this thread