Danny Cowely (1 Viewer)

clint van damme

Off to Huddersfield by the look of it.

rob9872

Just him or both?

fernandopartridge

Interesting, that'll hurt Lincoln I think. Not sure how good an opportunity Huddersfield is, their promotion was a blip rather than something they'd be building towards for a while. That said, he's done a good job wherever he's been.

Nick

Administrator
Let's all do a Lincoln instead.

giphy.gif

Reactions: vow

rob9872

Think his brother is going to be his assistant.
Is that how they are now as manager and assistant? I always thought they were joint like the Salford guys used to be, but I think ultimately one has to have the overall say to make decisions.

Tommo1993

Think Lincoln as a club are on the up anyway, maybe not for another promotion, but even before they got up to L2 there seemed to be a good buzz surrounding the club. They just have to be carefully wise about replacements.

I know money talks but I think it’d be a daft decision on Cowley’s part.

Liquid Gold

Huddersfield don't appear to have a clue.

Dortmund U21 coach worked for them so they hire another one, that doesn't work out so they go lower league.

eastwoodsdustman

Huddersfield don't appear to have a clue.

Dortmund U21 coach worked for them so they hire another one, that doesn't work out so they go lower league.
They also got rid of their youth set up if I recall. Apparently they're offering Cowley £2mill. Its been bubbling away for a while but he also spoke to Sheff Wed recently.

fernandopartridge

Think Lincoln as a club are on the up anyway, maybe not for another promotion, but even before they got up to L2 there seemed to be a good buzz surrounding the club. They just have to be carefully wise about replacements.

I know money talks but I think it’d be a daft decision on Cowley’s part.

I think realistically they're at the ceiling of their potential tbh

Pezza

Interesting that they talk about how he is earning 140k a year at Lincoln and will get 1m a year at Huddersfield.... money absolutely talks and i don't blame him. Bigger club, bigger challenge and bigger contract!

Pezza

Less job security though

For the money he will earn, that's not an issue financially and if he's as good of a manager as he thinks he is then he will want to challenge himself in the championship.

There is security now at Lincoln but you go on a terrible run and he's out of a job anyway nobody stays at a club longer than 3-4 years now, if that.

fernandopartridge

Just thought I'd have a look at the Lincoln forum:

WHY would DC/NC move from a club which is on the up to a club which is second bottom of the championship- in fact currently there are only 4 places between Lincoln and Huddersfield in the league.

This is so a non-news story (in terms of them leaving now)

Evo1883

I genuinely don't see them as candidates for promotion this season, even with cowley.

Not sure where all this has come from... Mid table

NorthernWisdom

Interesting, that'll hurt Lincoln I think. Not sure how good an opportunity Huddersfield is, their promotion was a blip rather than something they'd be building towards for a while. That said, he's done a good job wherever he's been.
I don't know, they'd been looking upwards for a while, but it hadn't fallen into place for anybody (including Robins!). Then it did.

Don't think they've had as long as Sunderland to breed a culture of losing, but the first half a season is key. Get that right, and they're on their way. Get it wrong, and they'll end up like Jones at Stoke.

But... got to take the chance when it's offered. Better that than wait for the sack.

ccfcricoh

I genuinely don't see them as candidates for promotion this season, even with cowley.

Not sure where all this has come from... Mid table
I'm with you...

Not sure where the press hype came from and all of a sudden the bookies followed suit and most just assumed they were going to right up there. I would have been surprised to see them in the top 6 and even more so now!

no_loyalty

Who in their right mind would leave a progressive league one club, to go and manage Huddersfield....oh wait.

Alkhen

Ainsworth the Wycombe manager seems pretty popular with the bookies for the Lincoln job.

Could destabilise another rival.

CanadianCCFC

Ainsworth the Wycombe manager seems pretty popular with the bookies for the Lincoln job.

Could destabilise another rival.
How much would he be on at Wycombe do you think? He’s done a great job there but has talked in the past about lack of budget etc.

Users who are viewing this thread