Daniel Sturridge (1 Viewer)

Seaside-Skyblue

Just watching an interview with him after the Liverpool game and apparently his cousin or younger brother (didn't catch what relation) is in the Coventry academy. Just thought I would add :)

RFC

Just watching an interview with him after the Liverpool game and apparently his cousin or younger brother (didn't catch what relation) is in the Coventry academy. Just thought I would add :)

If my memory serves me right, Manchesrer City nicked him from our Academy and were forced to pay us compensation by a tribunal (Daniel Sturridge), pity they didn't include further "sell-on" clauses PUSB!

rupert_bear

And if this other Sturridge looks like being half as good as his brother or cousin the same will happen again. Probably already knows where he is going to.

PVA

I was only half watching but I'm sure he said his cousin is in the Villa academy...

Seaside-Skyblue

Yeah it showed two young cousins (or brothers) and then two older guys stood together and it went through them all, one was at the villa academy, one at Coventry.

SlowerThanPlatt

Was this this after the game? Or the Daniel Sturridge interview about himself? Think it's called loving every minute.

SlowerThanPlatt

A Football League committee later ordered Manchester City to pay Coventry £30,000 compensation, with further payments up to a maximum of £200,000 based upon appearances and international honours

RFC

A Football League committee later ordered Manchester City to pay Coventry £30,000 compensation, with further payments up to a maximum of £200,000 based upon appearances and international honours

"Chicken Feed"! The rules must be changed for the good of the long-term future of the game to incorporate a much larger initial compensation fee +
percentages (at least 10% but maybe as much as 15 or 20%), otherwise the lower Divisions won't exist. Well they just might but only part-time and that would be a joke!

letsallsingtogether

Exactly and if they are playing outside their town it will be even harder to survive!

Oh well.

"Chicken Feed"! The rules must be changed for the good of the long-term future of the game to incorporate a much larger initial compensation fee +
percentages (at least 10% but maybe as much as 15 or 20%), otherwise the lower Divisions won't exist. Well they just might but only part-time and that would be a joke!

Gint11

Gutted to lose Daniel Sturridge so early. Such a talent, would have been good to have him in our first team for a season but either way, its still another credible notch on the City's Academy post!

mark82

The rules have been changed since then, look up EDPP. Even more favourable to the big teams if you ask me.

jimmyhillsfanclub

I think its a very very big assumption to make that he would be the player he is now had he stayed at our academy......he left when he was 13 didnt he?
City can't really take much credit for his development.

H

Huckerby

I think its a very very big assumption to make that he would be the player he is now had he stayed at our academy......he left when he was 13 didnt he?
City can't really take much credit for his development.

Dunno about that mate.

Users who are viewing this thread