Dangerous conditions (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greggs

Some of the walkways close to and around the Arena today were treacherous. The bridge over the railway line was solid black ice, an accident in the waiting. Isn't this why we pay Council tax?
Good 3 points tonight though!

Mucca Mad Boys

Health and safety means they can't put salt on paths now, something like that!

Very contradictory...

Last edited:

torchomatic

Greggs

This is due to negligence of any sort of health and safety, not a salt or grit ban! :mad:

SkyBlueAde

Makes you wonder what the walk up to the Ricoh will be like on Saturday after the forecast snow. For starters, I doubt car parks will be accessible if we get 20cm of snow as predicted.
Snow plough anyone?

Flying Fokker

Makes you wonder what the walk up to the Ricoh will be like on Saturday after the forecast snow. For starters, I doubt car parks will be accessible if we get 20cm of snow as predicted.
Snow plough anyone?

If the snow comes I am going out sledging anyway!
The game will surely be called off if we have 8 inches of it. Although I do remember a couple of seasons ago when we played and people were unable to come because of the road and travel conditions. I live 50 min walking distance from the ground so I get there ok.

wingy

Snow plough anyone?

Really ,thats 8 inches in old money ,but if you want to impress the ladies metric wins the day.:p:whistle:;)

SkyBlueAde

If the snow comes I am going out sledging anyway!
The game will surely be called off if we have 8 inches of it. Although I do remember a couple of seasons ago when we played and people were unable to come because of the road and travel conditions. I live 50 min walking distance from the ground so I get there ok.
50 minute walk? Big respect!

Flying Fokker

And another thing. The pathways were generally good down burbages lane and Ash Green. The only problem area seemed to be the pathways just before Hen Lane which were pitted with ice in places. Not very user friendly.

But hey, if it were not for the risky things we do life would be boring wouldn't it?

Nick

Administrator
And another thing. The pathways were generally good down burbages lane and Ash Green. The only problem area seemed to be the pathways just before Hen Lane which were pitted with ice in places. Not very user friendly.

But hey, if it were not for the risky things we do life would be boring wouldn't it?

Anybody else see that gang of cyclists before the game hammering it about? I was hoping one would come off as they flew down the busy paths, bellends!

Colesy55

Snow plough anyone?

4th game in 9 days could well hinder city on Saturday ! If we get a fair amount of snow Friday I would expect it not to go ahead !

Flying Fokker

50 minute walk? Big respect!

Baby steps! No seriously, I am as bad as Jeremy Paxman when it comes to walking, I often tell the mrs to 'come on' when we are on a route march for exercise. She likes looking at the scenery.

The other thing about the walking is that the last few seasons it has been the highlight of my matchday because at least I will have benefited physically but still be peed off because of the defeats. It is no secret that I am a miserable bugger when City lose.

Mucca Mad Boys

Very untrue too. My road is covered in salt.

Road, not paths.

Just seen my mistake! My bad, I meant paths, not roads!

Nearly fell on my arse this morning walking to school, 1 foot just went!

Walking home with my mates, walked on a very icey, dip in the path (so cars can drive) and we all just slid down it, no one fell over, thankfully, would've been funny though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread