Dan Crowley (1 Viewer)

glancy89

Gutted to hear that he has just gone to Barnsley on loan!!

With his connections to Coventry he should have been coming to us! Why are we not looking at players like this....??

And before you say it, yes he is another Maddison but all our hopes cant be pinned on this young lads shoulders all season!

Still hopefull for the season ahead with the addition of two more strikers!

SlowerThanPlatt

However talented he is, he's a boy, we already have too many of them. We need experienced pros, it we want to get out of this league as shown by Bristol City, Preston and Wolves.

stupot07

We have Maddison and Lameires who play in the same position, we don't need another no matter how highly rated they are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

CCFC_Charlie

He apparently rejected 10 other clubs, including Peterborough, to go to Barnsley. You have no idea whether or not one of them was us or not.

SlowerThanPlatt

He is a good player full of skills, unfortunately words like bucket, a head, as big as a come to mind.
Come on, hes probably on 10k a week at Arsenal at 18, sponsored by addidas, part of the first team squad at Arsenal and touted round as Arsenal and Englands next big thing. You can't expect that to not go to an 18 year olds head. We've got U21 players here who think they're all it.

Hobo

We have Maddison and Lameires who play in the same position, we don't need another no matter how highly rated they are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Also Armstrong can play in that position. We need someone with experience who can lead the line and score goals. Also a wide mid or winger who preferably can work on both flanks.

SlowerThanPlatt

Not if he is brought up right
Couldn't possibly comment as I have no idea about his upbringing or his family. So, what makes him arrogant and unlikeable? As far as I can see and been told, he's a very confident, but grounded, young player who knows he has a long way to go yet.

glancy89

He isnt on 10k a week i can promise you that!!
Come on, hes probably on 10k a week at Arsenal at 18, sponsored by addidas, part of the first team squad at Arsenal and touted round as Arsenal and Englands next big thing. You can't expect that to not go to an 18 year olds head. We've got U21 players here who think they're all it.

luwalla

I met him and he seemed a well mannered approachable lad. Incidently i met him at a kids football tournement in cov, where he had come back to speak to the young kids at his old local club... None of which leads me to think any of this talk about him bring too big for his boots sounds right

Isnt the guy who does the cov match day 'wall' commentry related to him ? Kieran crowley

Last edited:

Chipfat

I don't think we would ever be on his wish list, remember his dad and uncle have not had the greatest of experience at the club ,, which i think is why he ended up at Villa in the first place.. Very good player and always has been,,will do well if he really wants to go far,, on great money at Arsenal more than most f not all our first teamers now...

SlowerThanPlatt

I don't think we would ever be on his wish list, remember his dad and uncle have not had the greatest of experience at the club ,, which i think is why he ended up at Villa in the first place.. Very good player and always has been,,will do well if he really wants to go far,, on great money at Arsenal more than most f not all our first teamers now...
Why? Didn't they just get released because they weren't good enough? Or is there something I don't know

Its a cov thing, if a cov person does well i.e. the enemy, mcsheffery, Joe Elliott, Richard keys and now Crowley then people from cov automatically slag them off. There'll be another one along soon enough

Grendel

Its a cov thing, if a cov person does well i.e. the enemy, mcsheffery, Joe Elliott, Richard keys and now Crowley then people from cov automatically slag them off. There'll be another one along soon enough

Joe Elliot has done well? Richard Keys. Bloody Hell.

Chipfat

Why? Didn't they just get released because they weren't good enough? Or is there something I don't know[/QUOT

Shaun was offered a contract to stay on,, but it was all down to education which is why he ended up in NJ. As for Dave he was released but to say he was not good enough, i don't think is fair or accurate... I can't remember exactly why,, ill find out if you really want... But the fact is Daniel was never going to let into our academy should tell you it was not all is easy as dad and uncle not being good enough in the past...

i coached him at his primary school, was in villa academy then, could have turned down playing for his school or even miss training but he was always there, first out and last in , great attitude, all good players need a little bit of arrogance and belief but his was always in the right way,and regarding his parents they were spot on, if i had any issues with him they were 100% behind me. he loves his family and has had a good upbringing. im chuffed for him as all i used to hear was he`s too small, typical english football attitude! just got to work on that left foot! lol was apparantly barnsleys star man on his debut v huddersfield in a friendly.

Users who are viewing this thread