Daily Mail Robins link now gone &... (1 Viewer)

ccfcway

well, he has gone up in my estimation, as I know he has the ability to make the right decisions !

ajsccfc

I'd be amazed if the Daily Mail are on the ball enough to whip the story so quickly if Robins pulled out. I'm surprised enough that they write about us in the first place.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Going to have another 3 weeks and another 4 losses whilst they re draw up there short list and interview all the candidates again now

Gaz

Just tried to get the page up and it has 100% gone.

Not a good sign.

RichieGunns

The report went up a minute after kickoff that Robins was the new manager.

It's now gone off the Daily Mails website so that can only mean Robins pulled out at the last minute.

Plus Richard Keys has said the clubs first choice manager has failed to agree terms with them and we're still hunting for a new manager.

Things can and will get worse in my opinion...

pusbccfc

The goalzone say they understand he's to be the next manager

AFCCOVENTRY

Sky Blues go for Robins: Former Rotherham boss beats Appleton, Ince and Brown to Coventry job
By JOHN EDWARDS
PUBLISHED: 19:44, 18 September 2012 | UPDATED: 22:01, 18 September 2012
Comments (0)

Mark Robins looks to have seen off a late challenge from Michael Appleton and seems sure to be named Coventry City’s new manager in the next 24 hours.
Coventry’s board have had several candidates under review since sacking Andy Thorn earlier this season and were thought to have whittled the list down to three, until Portsmouth boss Appleton unexpectedly came under review.
Former Blackburn and MK Dons boss Paul Ince and ex-Derby and Hull manager Phil Brown were the other two frontrunners, but Robins appears to have seen off all three rivals after impressing during a series of interviews.

Sky Blue chance: Mark Robins looks set to be named the new Coventry manager
The one-time Manchester United striker launched his managerial career with Rotherham and further enhanced his reputation after leaving to take over at Barnsley three years ago.

He led Barnsley to their best Championship finish for five years before quitting in the wake of a disagreement over budget restraints. He has been out of work since leaving Oakwell in May, 2011 but has let it be known he is ready to enter the fray again.
The 42-year old faces a daunting task at Coventry, following their relegation to League One at the end of last season. But he has always backed his ability to build a winning team on limited finances and will begin work on reviving Coventry’s ailing fortunes with immediate effect.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...named-new-Coventry-manager.html#ixzz26rFVF748

skybluebeduff

We need Jesse Ventura on here because this is a conspiracy!! :whistle: I noticed it down ages ago on the Dailymail site but couldn't be arsed to post it.

torchomatic

ajsccfc

I'm surprised they didn't update it with some blurb about how fat and ugly a female celebrity looks. They try to include that in nearly every article.

Tommo72

The link is still there...just tried it. Story may have been reinstated at 10.01pm? :facepalm:

WestEndAgro

SSN still reporting that Shaw, Robbins and Ince are still in the running with a appointment expected tomorrow!

Users who are viewing this thread