Daggers (1 Viewer)

CJparker

Only a few days to go now and really looking forward to it! Do people think that AT will play a full strength side (whatever that is) at Daggers?

Also I am kinda interested why most City fans are salivating over Yeovil away when the Daggers game is the first of the season, why is that?

smileycov

Facebook User
Because we cant get promoted by beating Daggers!! Yeovil is first league game...........Div 1 Tour

PVA

I'll be going, looking forward to it. Was thinking last night what kind of side AT will put out. Bit of a mix I reckon.

I guess we'll get a pretty good idea when we see who plays the majority of tomorrow's pre season friendly as I guess those goes who feature heavily tomorrow might not start v Daggers.

pusbccfc

I think we have the depth to field a second string side and they should still beat the daggers.
I'd play

Dunn
Willis-Brown-Edge-Phillips

Kilbane
Roberts Sheff
Baker
Ball Rod

The back four and keeper are weaker, I think he'll put a youngster in the middle even if Jennings signs.
Rod should start with Ball. Not expecting much he must have back up in Cody or Elliott on the bench.

This means we should be able to play our strongest side at full fitness for Yeovil.

Murphy

Clarke-Brown-Wood-Hussey

Jennings?
Barton-----------------Baker
Fleck

Cody
Poloskei/Sheff

Depending on how Kilbane plays, he could find a place in midfield.
If Thorn started Baker on the left side he'd drive in onto his right.
Brown could be changed for Malaga, again depending on how tomorrow and tuesday goes!

ccfcway

Dunn

Kilbane
Roberts Sheff
Baker
Ball Rod

There is a VERY good chance we would lose and be out !

pusbccfc

Dunn

Kilbane
Roberts Sheff
Baker
Ball Rod

There is a VERY good chance we would lose and be out !

Why should we? We've got players in that side that should be good enough to ease past a league 2 side!

woody11462

Only a few days to go now and really looking forward to it! Do people think that AT will play a full strength side (whatever that is) at Daggers?

Also I am kinda interested why most City fans are salivating over Yeovil away when the Daggers game is the first of the season, why is that?

Well last season he put out his strongest team (bar those on Int duties such as Clingan) and the performance was absolutely awful. They just didn't look interested and we were made to look stupid. If he really wants a winning start then he might do the same again. But at least if he plays a weakened team a loss isn't so bad and the 'would be reserved' players might put more of a shift in.

Personally I'd like to see a mix between the two.

ccfcway

Why should we? We've got players in that side that should be good enough to ease past a league 2 side!

Really ?

Willis out of position, Philips on his full debut, a midfield of another full debut in Roberts and lightweight sheff. Rod is Rod

and D&R will be well up for it.

Wish i was wrong, but i would not be confident with that team, i think we would get bullied out if it, rather like Nuneaton !

Nonleagueherewecome

Well last season he put out his strongest team (bar those on Int duties such as Clingan) and the performance was absolutely awful. They just didn't look interested and we were made to look stupid. QUOTE]

Yeah, y'see that game is one major reason why I'm very cautious when assessing our chances of winning promotion from this division!

woody11462

Well last season he put out his strongest team (bar those on Int duties such as Clingan) and the performance was absolutely awful. They just didn't look interested and we were made to look stupid. QUOTE]

Yeah, y'see that game is one major reason why I'm very cautious when assessing our chances of winning promotion from this division!

Yeah, I think how we start this season is essential to how we go on. Even with our squad, if the losing mentality sets in it could be a disastrous season.

ccfcway

Yeah, I think how we start this season is essential to how we go on. Even with our squad, if the losing mentality sets in it could be a disastrous season.

sets in ?

Its been at the club for years !

TBH, its the main reason why I am slightly worried about having a CCFC backroom staff of Oggy, Carsley and Shaw...not exctly used to winning are they ?

Dont get me wrong, i am sure someone will say that Coleman, Boothroyd et al didnt make a difference, and thats my point, we need to get over this losing mentality and it wont happen over night.

A top half finish at least will mean we win more than we lose, and thats certainly a start, anything else is a bonus !

woody11462

sets in ?

TBH, its the main reason why I am slightly worried about having a CCFC backroom staff of Oggy, Carsley and Shaw...not exctly used to winning are they ?

Dont get me wrong, i am sure someone will say that Coleman, Boothroyd et al didnt make a difference, and thats my point, we need to get over this losing mentality and it wont happen over night.

A top half finish at least will mean we win more than we lose, and thats certainly a start, anything else is a bonus !

I know it's been there for years but with dropping to a supposedly lesser division and with a high turnover of new players, they will be looking at a new start. We started last season really badly but there is a better chance to start well this year, we really need to take it.

Hincha

Yeovil have Colchester in the first round so they will have to play their first team, so why shouldn't we?

Nonleagueherewecome

sets in ?

Hang on, what's going on here?! I'm being quoted as saying things I haven't!!! :mad:

Martin180

Start as we mean to go on

Think Kilbane will start at LB while the Hussey transfer situation is ongoing ,hopefully Jennings and Elliott to start to get some match fitness back

Users who are viewing this thread