dab radio question (1 Viewer)

stay_up_skyblues

Does anyone have a dab radio?

Can u literally get any station or does the reception area still apply? Missus is guna be workin on saturdays and when I cant get a sitter I need to be able to listen to the game in the house but I cant get CWR where I am in staffs on normal FM radio.

Guna buy a dab radio if it will pick up CWR.

Cheers

MatthewWallis

Yeah reception still matters I live literally 10 mins away from MerciaFM yet signal is still terrible sometimes

wingy

Sounds like you need internet radio or world radio,afrai you'll only get reception for local bBC stations with DAB

Covstu

no mine is superb and you can get any radio station, even crappy Leicester if you wanted!!!

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I've got a DAB radio but I can only get mainstream national stations and local (Southampton - Portsmouth area). I can't even get Isle of Wight Radio! Daft when you think the station is about 10 miles from me! Mind you, having said that, my mobile phone signal is shite all over the island! (doesn't matter who the provider is either!) And why can't I get some stations on my car radio? Supposed to be top of the bleedin' range new motor!

wingy

Not all its cracked on to be is it houch technology ,not for maturing types like us any way,what was wrong with analogue ,probably gained 40% extra capacity ,but the signal does break down a fair bit ,especially where movement is involved ,it does help some however ,what we watch when,say ,where etc,theres such a thing as internet radio ,and world radio i believe ,might be a route for you

wingy

You can indeed Stu ,or if you wish you can buy a little gizmo that plugs in to convert your existing FM ,same option was available for household stereo systems but hav'nt seen lately, they don't come too cheap for some reason, which is odd when you can buy a TV converter for around £20:facepalm:

Houchens Head

I have one of those stereo systems Wingy. It's got the usual like a CD player, and FM radio, but also has DAB (which I always use) and a USB slot which is nice for when I bang a load of music onto a memory stick and shove it on. Sounds great through the system. (DAB is still shite though!) Also have my iPod with dock so I play music through that sometimes. Also have a Nokia MusicExpress phone which can play music from (stores about 8gb). Yep! I love my sounds!

BenInTurin

Facebook User
I remember buying a car cd/dab radio brand new for £50 at least 5 years ago, how much are they now?

wingy

where would we be without our sounds Houch ,great for motivation /consolation when we win or lose ,wish we could come up with a few more tunes for the city ,have listening to stevie wonder "living forthe city" trying to fit some word s,you.ve written a book ,canyou sort some lyrics:laugh::laugh:

Search Results

1. Stevie Wonder - Living for the City - YouTube

www.[B]youtube[/B].com/watch?v=mSRyf5G2uI811 Nov 2007 - 4 min - Uploaded by cctaximan
    1973 Motown Time Capsule Video featuring the song Living for the City by Stevie Wonder.

Houchens Head

Style of tune is difficult to select too many words. I think changing the last line from "Living just enough, just enough for the city" could be changed as a repeated chant of "Yes, I'm so in love, so in love with the City!"

The Reverend Skyblue

Houch could you tell me again the name of your book, i can't find the post you did before.
I was thinking of putting a DAB radio on my santa's list, would some of you recommend it or think its a bit of a waste of money.

The Rev

Users who are viewing this thread