Da Silva (2 Viewers)

messiahrobins

What exactly does he offer? I watch him play and i just cannot see what the recruitment team saw in him. His final ball is no better than Bidwell's, consistency wise probably not as good, and defensively he is L1 level at best. Obviously given his height there is a glarious weakness aerially as well. His set pieces are woeful

There must be something great about him as were chasing him for a while, but i haven't seen what the recruitment team must have done. So, has anyone else? Perhaps some of you have seen a lot of him at other clubs, and all it is, is a tremendously shite season by him and the best is to come (if we keep him).

Winny the Bish

We need to sell one of Dasilva or Bidwell and then get an improvement in. Owen Beck has been brilliant in Scotland this season on loan from Liverpool, he’d be my top choice.

Pusb1

he is rubbish

He was probably signed to play as LWB as was our probably planned formation at the start of the year.

This would have made his defensive play less focussed

Our switch to 4 at the back, meaning we are more reliant on him defensively, and less reliant going no forward, really has highlighted how awful he is positionally, and defensively. And probably also lacks the qualities going forward

Grendel

He's miles better on the ball than Bidwell, it's not even a debate and that's clearly what he was signed for.

Unfortunately his defensive lapses have been too costly.

Sign Burrows from Posh and have Dasilva as backup.

Lol a highly paid back up. Bidwell according to another thread on here if you add the points up is rated the third best player at the club this season. He has zero pace, positional awareness and covers nothing like the amount of ground Bidwell does.

He’s shite - just get over it

Grendel

Dasilva is a good squad player. He's not great at LB, but is more than adequate at LWB or LM if needed. Was brilliant against Man U when he came on. He will be a useful player for us.

He is a highly paid player and wasn’t signed as a squad player

SBT

Personally don’t think either Dasilva or Bidwell will be difficult to move on, and neither would move to a better team than us.

AngryAnt

I've never really rated Dasilva, but he had a storming game against United and did seem to improve in one or two games after, last night though he was back to the start of the season, getting skinned constantly and drawn into the middle.

In his defence, we don't really have a natural winger on his side to protect/track back when the left bomb forward (he also did make a few runs last night totally unmarked but never got the ball).
Not really sure he offers anything better than Bidwell and with bidders you know what you're going to get.

Terry Gibson's perm

Dasilva will take some shifting the length of his contract will see to that max should have been three years and a club option of one more or less if possible , I can’t think he had a lot of options.

He keeps the ball well but mainly by passing it to the centre backs both of whom I would like to touch the ball a lot less, he isn’t quick and defensively he gets caught out with the ball over his head and I can’t think he has crested many chances as we rarely cross the ball.

SBAndy

I've never really rated Dasilva, but he had a storming game against United and did seem to improve in one or two games after, last night though he was back to the start of the season, getting skinned constantly and drawn into the middle.

In his defence, we don't really have a natural winger on his side to protect/track back when the left bomb forward (he also did make a few runs last night totally unmarked but never got the ball).
Not really sure he offers anything better than Bidwell and with bidders you know what you're going to get.

It’s where I thought someone like Callum Styles would be well-suited in midfield as he could tuck across to LB if the LB was up the pitch. Eccles does it occasionally on the right and would provide a nice balance.

djr8369

He’s a very tidy player who was clearly brought in with the expectation we would be playing 5 at the back possession based football which didn’t work out.

In the right situation he comes off the bench and can be very useful (Man Utd game as an example). He’s not suited to a back four or when we’re struggling for possession.

Different players are needed in different circumstances and systems. Give him another season rather than throw him on the scrap heap.

CCFCSteve

Technically a very good footballer, comfortable on the ball and brave in possession but as shown last night he’s not a LB. Situation was made worse last night by having Lati playing out of position as left sided CB.

fatso

He was surprisingly good against Man United but last night, back to normal
He didnt come on against Man U till the 80th minute, when they had taken their best players off and were on the back foot and looked knackered!
He wasn't tested defensively (thankfully)

TomRad85

He didnt come on against Man U till the 80th minute, when they had taken their best players off and were on the back foot and looked knackered!
He wasn't tested defensively (thankfully)
This one I agree with you. He's fine if he doesn't have to defend, unfortunately he's a fucking left back.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

fatso

This one I agree with you. He's fine if he doesn't have to defend, unfortunately he's a fucking left back.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
He worries me, and teams have identified him as a weakness.

I think we'll keep him as a squad player, for when we need to throw the kitchen sink at teams, but he's not a starter.

The lad at Peterborough looks usefull Burrows?
Maybe we could bid for him if they don't get promoted.

stupot07

He's a rubbish left back and an average wingback and a less than adequate left midfielder.

I have no idea other than the Chelsea obsession on why we pursued him for so long. He's too small and hasn't got the athleticism to make up for his deficiencies.

4 year contract 🤯

Saddlebrains

Stated before but being as we are stuck with him dont be surprised to see him being played as a Haji understudy over pre season and beyond

They think they can train that into him

SBT

Stated before but being as we are stuck with him dont be surprised to see him being played as a Haji understudy over pre season and beyond

Don’t see it personally.

I doubt we’re stuck with him - we already know for a fact that at least one other manager rates him highly enough to select him. If we need to move him along then we will.

blunted

DaSilva is a class footballer who has played all his football at left back or left wing back. He was arguably the best player in England for his age in his early years.
He has a problem and that is his height. When he plays at the back the opposition target him with high balls down his wing.
Bidwell, I think, gets beat less on a one on one near the area and JDS has lost us a few games due to this.
He has not been that bad as people on here make out. Adi says he will get better next season.
At his best, he creates chances, passes well and tackles well.
If he can adapt, I think left midfield would be better for him but depends on who we buy. A good sub at present who needs to be a good starter next season.

Sick Boy

DaSilva is a class footballer who has played all his football at left back or left wing back. He was arguably the best player in England for his age in his early years.
He has a problem and that is his height. When he plays at the back the opposition target him with high balls down his wing.
Bidwell, I think, gets beat less on a one on one near the area and JDS has lost us a few games due to this.
He has not been that bad as people on here make out. Adi says he will get better next season.
If he can adapt, I think left midfield would be better for him but depends on who we buy. A good sub at present who needs to be a good starter next season.
He’s really not that good, come on.

Brighton Sky Blue

Well yes he’d just need to grow about half a foot taller and gain several yards of pace

alfielloyd

Adi says he will get better, he would struggle to get worse, he has to get a lot, lot better. Not optimistic.

Users who are viewing this thread