D Day Today (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Just three retained, one a goalie.

Yes, so the contracted players are up for sale? For example if Willis or Stevenson aren't in your 3 you are saying they will just get a free transfer or put on the transfer list?

You are doing an Italia ;)

How did you know before the players?

Great_Expectations

Just three retained, one a goalie.

You would assume it refers to those players who's contracts end this summer, otherwise you'd potentially be looking at ending contracts (therefore fees) or trying to sell a lot of players.

It would be difficult from an integration perspective too, as it would, bar three, be a completely new squad. I also can't see him wanting to get rid of the likes of Stevenson, Willis, Thomas etc.

Still, I'd welcome something drastic after the shower we've seen this season.

I'd personally keep (assuming it's end of contract only) Bigi, DKE, Ruben and Stokes (there might be more but I can't recall who else is out of contract).

Nick

Administrator
Tried and tested can only be a good thing.

It would feel strange going to watch us play where one of our players is a nasty bastard putting in strong tackles.

SlowerThanPlatt

Oh heard the reason Camwell got his start yesterday was due to a fee that would have required payment had Leahy started.
No problem there though as the boy done good.
£10K I heard.

Can't imagine Darragh is impressed if true. Why commit to a deal/payment plan if you can't afford it? Just stunting his development. Could understand if it was Foley the payment was due for because (hopefully) he won't be here next season but not a young player who will probably be around the 18 next season

SlowerThanPlatt

Is Collins out of contract? Think he'd be a good signing for us, Wiki reliably informs me he's won promotion from League 2 three times already.

A recent report says Wimbledon, Luton and Portsmouth want him though. I guess them 3 clubs could offer more than CCFC and a chance to play in League 1

steve82

I do hope we go the tried and tested route, players with that physical for a change.
I'm fed up with watching us coming off second best in individual duels.
Looking forward to see the released list

Nick

Administrator
I do hope we go the tried and tested route, players with that physical for a change.
I'm fed up with watching us coming off second best in individual duels.
Looking forward to see the released list

I've been doing skills outside Ryton all morning especially but nobody has come out :(

giphy.gif

steve82

Keep an eye out for players tweeting the usual emojis of some sort of reaction then deleting 5 mins later!

John Akinde & James Collins would be the 2 strikers I'd go for.

Is Collins out of contract? Think he'd be a good signing for us, Wiki reliably informs me he's won promotion from League 2 three times already.

A recent report says Wimbledon, Luton and Portsmouth want him though. I guess them 3 clubs could offer more than CCFC and a chance to play in League 1

Both contracted to 2019, one of them would be ideal. Akinde has a knack of scoring but has a rather lazy playing style. If he didn't score early on fans here would be on him fast...

Captain Dart

Here is the squad with contract details and market value (some dodgy numbers in there), from Coventry City - Detailed squad 16/17 (Detailed view) | Transfermarkt
Those with contracts next season highlighted

Lee Burge 30.06.2017 £85k
Reice Charles-Cook 30.06.2018 £85k
Corey Addai 30.06.2018 £43k
Jordan Turnbull 30.06.2019 £213k

Nathan Clarke 30.06.2017 £170k
Farrend Rawson 31.05.2017 £170k
Jordan Willis 30.06.2018 £128k
Cian Harries 30.06.2020 £64k

Chris Stokes 30.06.2017 £128k
Ryan Haynes - £85k
Kevin Foley - £298k
Dion Kelly-Evans 30.06.2017 £64k
Jack Finch 30.06.2017 £64k
Vladimir Gadzhev 30.06.2017 £425k
Ben Stevenson 30.06.2020 £425k
Gaël Bigirimana 30.06.2017 £298k
Andy Rose 30.06.2017 £298k
Callum Reilly 31.05.2017 £213k
Ruben Lameiras 30.06.2017 £170k
Charles Vernam 31.05.2017 -
Michael Folivi 31.05.2017 -
Kyel Reid 30.06.2018 £213k
Jodi Jones 30.06.2020 £106k

George Thomas 30.06.2017 £213k
Stuart Beavon 30.06.2018 £170k
Marcus Tudgay 30.06.2017 £170k
Kwame Thomas 30.06.2018 £85k

better days

I have a horrible feeling Tudguy will stay
emoji85.png

Don't think so

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk[/
Tried and tested can only be a good thing.

It would feel strange going to watch us play where one of our players is a nasty bastard putting in strong tackles.
It's leaders we have lacked all season. Robins is well aware of that. The new Head of Recruitment is a non-League guy. I expect a group of hungry 'men' to come in who will put their bodies on the line and expect their team mates to do the same
Did anyone see JJ taken out with the ball at the other end of the pitch on Sunday at Scunthorpe in the first half after he'd been giving the guy a skinning?
Even their fans were shocked. A team of leaders would have all steamed in to make sure the Scunny guy didn't get away with it and at the very least the officials were forced to take action
The guy apologised afterwards btw
We have been too nice all season

Sterling Archer

Weren't the likes of Beavon, Foley and Clarke bought in as "tried and tested" players? Yuck.

Clarke was supposed to be the physical commandeering Centre Back we were crying out for and he was garbage.

wingy

Yes, so the contracted players are up for sale? For example if Willis or Stevenson aren't in your 3 you are saying they will just get a free transfer or put on the transfer list?

You are doing an Italia ;)

How did you know before the players?
Put it on Yesterday
Willis to Wolves
Stephenson to Brentford.

torchomatic

CovisGod

Think this is the first time ever that if he said "I've let the lot go" I'd not shed a tear in the slightest,

Possibly with the exception of George Thomas and a couple of the other kids there's not an ounce of passion, pride and fight between them. Time to start fresh, bring in some new players, back the manager, promote the better youth players and actually give it a go next year

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread