Cyrus.... Most attacking player in the team (1 Viewer)

motherfunky

Why is he the only player with any real pace and the only player who can take players on?

stupot07

Pace going forward not seen a slower player getting back

Not sure where he was for the goal, we had it on our left he should have been tucking in providing cover.

He probably won't be here next season, he's our only saleable asset at the moment.

SBS

I think our reliance on him has been a lot more noticeable since Adams was injured. I've thought for a while that Christie would make a decent right winger with Clarke at right back. Would have been interesting to have seen it tried in one of these nothing games.

Pretty sure he'll be off this summer though. Deserves to be playing in Championship I think.

stupot07

I think our reliance on him has been a lot more noticeable since Adams was injured. I've thought for a while that Christie would make a decent right winger with Clarke at right back. Would have been interesting to have seen it tried in one of these nothing games.

Pretty sure he'll be off this summer though. Deserves to be playing in Championship I think.

I'm not so sure as whilst playing rightback with baker drifting in it give him acres of space to maraud into. If he played as a winger he'll have less time and space and will have to play with his back to goal most of the time......he also can't cross.

Nonleagueherewecome

Not sure where he was for the goal, we had it on our left he should have been tucking in providing cover.

He probably won't be here next season, he's our only saleable asset at the moment.

We had it in the centre; ball by Fleck to Jennings just inside our half, just to the left of the centre circle. Ball bounced five yards of Jennings to create the counter-attack. Cyrus was moving forwards down the wing but still in our half. Very harsh to blame him for that goal.

stupot07

We had it in the centre; ball by Fleck to Jennings just inside our half, just to the left of the centre circle. Ball bounced five yards of Jennings to create the counter-attack. Cyrus was moving forwards down the wing but still in our half. Very harsh to blame him for that goal.

I'm not blaming him, fleck was at fault for his poor pass, but I am questioning his positioning. I don't think we we were on the counter, hadn't we just taken a throwing after flecks shot rebounded out for a throwing off a defender?

stupot07

It is a worry that hes the only one capable of going forward with an attacking presence. Today though he seemed lost when he got into the box! He best their left back a fair few times but tere was no end product
His problem was that he had already decided he was going to shoot when he got the ball and that was the only thing on his mind, an excluded all other options.

Nonleagueherewecome

I'm not blaming him, fleck was at fault for his poor pass, but I am questioning his positioning. I don't think we we were on the counter, hadn't we just taken a throwing after flecks shot rebounded out for a throwing off a defender?

No, Fleck passed the ball to Jennings from deep in our own half. And I'd blame Jennings as much for having the first touch of a shovel.

motherfunky

He still should have been in a position to cover, we shouldn't be allowing the opposition to attack 3v3

You are joking? He can't be everywhere, if he's our only attacking outlet, what the hell is the rest of the team doing? Agree with the comment about Jennings, he can't cant control the ball, or pass the ball to a team mate.

stupot07

You are joking? He can't be everywhere, if he's our only attacking outlet, what the hell is the rest of the team doing? Agree with the comment about Jennings, he can't cant control the ball, or pass the ball to a team mate.

He is a fullback first and foremost - defending and covering are part of the job description.

Users who are viewing this thread