Cyrus Christie (1 Viewer)

ccfclinney

I really don't think this guy is as good as him/agent thinks. After watching him the last 4/5 games he gives the ball away easily and general passing is awful at times. I really think if he was sold we have a ready made replacement in Phillips, gets stuck in well, good pace and can even pop up with goal like at wolves.
Don't get me wrong he's ok in our league, but I couldn't see him cutting it at a top championship club.
What are others thoughts ?

Last edited:

covcity4life

more moaning about one of our best young players

you can guarantee all these qualms about cyrus will disappear if he signs a new contract.

thaiskyblue

I think of all the players rumoured to courted by others, Cyrus is one we can afford to lose, phillips or clarke can play there are more than capable.

shmmeee

I think he did OK as a lower Championship player to be honest. And with a couple more years experience and a better quality of training than Thorn provided there's no reason he shouldn't acquit himself there again.

Prem is probably a step too far, but he's only young and someone might take a gamble and loan him out for a bit.

covcity4life

I think of all the players rumoured to courted by others, Cyrus is one we can afford to lose, phillips or clarke can play there are more than capable.

just like clarke is capable at CB?

clarke is not fit to lace christies boots imo, i will be gutted to lose cyrus.

SkyBlue_Bear83

He's an ok player, not as good as people make out on here though. You'd think we had the reincarnation of Cafu from people's comments on here.

A long way off being able to play in the premier league

Rusty Trombone

I really don't think this guy is as good as him/agent thinks. After watching him the last 4/5 games he gives the ball away easily and general passing is awful at times. I really think if he was sold we have a ready made replacement in Phillips, gets stuck in well, good pace and can even pop up with goal like at wolves.
Don't get me wrong he's ok in our league, but I couldn't see him cutting it at a top championship club.
What are others thoughts ?

I haven't seen the quotes from Cyrus and his agent saying how good he is, what have they said?

I would love to see some Cov born representation in the higher leagues, especially the Premiership, at the moment I think Sian Massey is the best we have.

PVA

An athlete not a footballer. Will have a good career at Champ/L1 level with his pace. Jordan Clarke is a miles better footballer ​than him.

Couldn't agree more.

Looks good at this level because teams can't deal with his pace. I cannot believe any Premier League team would be interested him, he's nowhere near good enough.

skybluegod

On his day he is a great player offensively most the time (not ATM) But defensively, he is awful and although I would miss his attacking I wouldn't mind Willis or Phillips being our new RB. I can only speak for games I've been too, but most goals seem to be his fault for being out of position or being stupid with it. I have seen a number of times this season him being bailed out by Jordan Clarke,Webster and Murphy . Maybe his head has been turned and he doesn't care but he doesn't really offer much going forward anymore either?

runner

If we have to have one casualty in this window, this is the one that I'd accept ... if we kept everyone else and add a couple preferrably !

Users who are viewing this thread