Cyrus Christie - I need to know. (1 Viewer)

SkyBlue_Bear83

He will play international football.

Almost as funny as the guy who suggested Marlon King for England

duffer

I don't think Cyrus is the kind of player not to try, or at least I hope he isn't. I'd put his dip in form to the kind of thing that every young player goes through. In bigger teams they'd be rested with no one thinking the worst of it (the same thing will probably happen to Haynes at some point - let's hope the fans don't get after him).

I'm chuffed to bits he's doing well at Derby. He seems like a decent lad, it's a bit of reflected glory for us, and it's good to see a midlands team pushing on.

olderskyblue

He won young player of the year, season before last so that in its self tells you something, and I had the pleasure of giving him his trophy.
ive seen Cyrus play since 6/7 year old at London Road Lions and he always stood out in a crop of excellent players, lovely lad and very level headed.

Do agree that his last season with us he wasn't on it, but by that stage he was always leaving, probably trying not to pick up a bad injury, good luck Cryus nice to see a COV kid doing so well !

There was another lad played for the Lions who went on to play a game or 2 for CCFC. Unfortunately, it seems his attitude and behaviour cost him dearly, and he got bombed out. Shame, he was a really nice lad most of the time, and a talented footballer.

Warwickhunt

Tell Umbrella man we have another diamond in at Left Back that he should sign however this Guy knows how to cross a ball

stupot07

He will play international football.

Almost as funny as the guy who suggested Marlon King for England

Lets put a bet on it then, for charity. I say within 3 years.

I'd probably not take him up on this....as he's in the know, he may have had a tip off that he's eligible for Faroe Islands or something, or worst still Scotland ;)

I don't think he will be good enough for the England team ever, and certainly not in the next 3 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

rupert_bear

I'd probably not take him up on this....as he's in the know, he may have had a tip off that he's eligible for Faroe Islands or something, or worst still Scotland ;)

I don't think he will be good enough for the England team ever, and certainly not in the next 3 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)
I said international football, who mentioned England ?

torchomatic

I think he wanted the club liquidated too.

Hahahaha!! Wasn't that 'Cjparker' who also suggested abusing Fisher's kids outside their school?

stupot07

I said international football, who mentioned England ?

That's what I was implying. When your talking about an Englishman (born in Coventry England), people presume you meant england....I saw between those lines hence why I mentioned faroes and Scotland ;)

Last edited:
Hi Guys,

Friendly Derby fan here with a quick question about our new boy, Cyrus Christie.

Right, the one thing I cannot understand with Christie is why nothing more was made of him whilst playing at Coventry in League One? He's been absolutely outstanding since joining us and has probably been our best player in more than half our games - if not 2/3rds of our games. He's making Andre Wisdom look somewhat average at the minute and I just don't get it.

He doesn't seem to lack anything. I know there was questions over his defensive ability but he's marked every competitor out the game and ran them into the ground doing so. He just doesn't seem to stop either, he's got an huge engine.

So, back to my question, what's different? How come he wasn't held up with a high reputation here... I need to know for my sanity.

Because he played for and come through Coventry city/ academy

CyrusChristie

Hi all, back again.

I've seen a few people mention his crossing ability and whilst he doesn't always calculate his crosses to hit his man, at Derby it looks like he's been told to flash it across the six yard box which has resulted in a number of assists already - 4 in the league and a couple in the cup (i believe) - and he probably should have had a couple yesterday but the movement in the box wasn't quite there.

He played his 11th game for us overall yesterday and had a blinder, once again. In truth, he's massively unlucky with Will Hughes being in such good form as he could have ran away with this months POTM award, as well as last month's. I don't quite think he'll go on to play for England, well nothing more than an isolated call-up (even then, I doubt it), but he's got Premier League potential.

Keogh has also produced his best month in a Derby shirt for over two years, the fans are rather split on him to be frank. I think he's okay, prone to mistakes, but has really stepped up in the absence of the more reliable Jake Buxton. How's Tudders getting on for you? He's a big, big Derby fan and has never moved away from the area to my knowledge. I respected him more for his attitude when he played for Forest, i.e. refusing to celebrate despite scoring twice against us and completely stopping play to help Shaun Barker when he had his career ending injury...

5910166-large.jpg

He's a good man, I hope he does well for you.

covmark

Hi all, back again.

I've seen a few people mention his crossing ability and whilst he doesn't always calculate his crosses to hit his man, at Derby it looks like he's been told to flash it across the six yard box which has resulted in a number of assists already - 4 in the league and a couple in the cup (i believe) - and he probably should have had a couple yesterday but the movement in the box wasn't quite there.

He played his 11th game for us overall yesterday and had a blinder, once again. In truth, he's massively unlucky with Will Hughes being in such good form as he could have ran away with this months POTM award, as well as last month's. I don't quite think he'll go on to play for England, well nothing more than an isolated call-up (even then, I doubt it), but he's got Premier League potential.

Keogh has also produced his best month in a Derby shirt for over two years, the fans are rather split on him to be frank. I think he's okay, prone to mistakes, but has really stepped up in the absence of the more reliable Jake Buxton. How's Tudders getting on for you? He's a big, big Derby fan and has never moved away from the area to my knowledge. I respected him more for his attitude when he played for Forest, i.e. refusing to celebrate despite scoring twice against us and completely stopping play to help Shaun Barker when he had his career ending injury...

View attachment 3825

Tudgay is a steaming pile. Way, way, way past his best.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Hi all, back again.

View attachment 3825

Tudgay's crap, swap him for Will Hughes and Chris Martin?

stupot07

Hi all, back again.

View attachment 3825

How did Wilson play for Bournemouth last night?

ccfc92

did we get much compo for him in the end?

(I know we won't see any of it but still ;) )

covboy1987

Was outstanding for us season before last, but practically the whole of last season he was injured and loss of form and his head went down as he wanted to get away as the circumstances at the club also no doubt affected him. Some fans turned against him a little, but now he is back settled he will no doubt play in the premiership with or without derby

Users who are viewing this thread