Cyrus Christie and Richard Keogh (1 Viewer)

SkyBluePryce

Its been a while since i started a thread on here, but after reading the 'Richard Wood' thread it got me wondering. I agree with concept of this thread that are defence is leaky, and personally i'm nervous of conceding every time the opposition have the ball in our half.

'With our defence leaking goals left right and centre, I would be playing a back four of

Keogh----Cranie----Wood----Hussey

With Wood as captain and regular starter.'

I reckon Christie is one of our better players going forward, pacey with a bit of flair and young/raw- slightly fearless of taking the ball past an opponent. Yet occasionaly gets caught wondering in defence due to his lack of experience and positioning. Key example West Ham's Piquionne goal, as unfortunate as it was.

And Keogh like CC will take on a player and give us something going forward and no doubtedly is becoming one of, if not, our best player.

Therefore, as unlikely as it sounds under Thorn (though i hope i'm wrong), what would people think of going back to a 4-4-2 or 4-5-1 using keogh at RB and perhaps Cyrus at RM?

Possible team:

-----------Murphy/Dunn------------
----------Clingan---Bigi------------
Cyrus----------Baker--------Sheffers
--------------Juke------------------

Obviously people are going to argue whether 4-4-2/4-5-1 or who plays i.e Thomas instead of Bigi.

But just wondering thoughts on the idea of cyrus at RM really, not specifically for the Hull game, just general thoughts?

pusbccfc

I've always said why not try cyrus or jordan clarke at right back but has been laughed off on here.

ccfcway

I've always said why not try cyrus or jordan clarke at right back but has been laughed off on here.

I wouldnt laugh it off,

Trying Cyrus at right back would make sense, what with him being a right back, and playing right back all season....

good call !

My understanding is that Christie was centre back at Woodlands and centre midfield at the academy and converted to right back by my mate who was his coach at school. Occasional mistakes are creeping in as he learns to play Championship football in his now naturalised position. I don't think moving him further forward is the answer... I think a rest is. I'd go with the original poster's back four... I think Wood and McPake when they were playing well were a more solid pairing than Keogh and Cranie have ever been; I wouldn't be worried about the inclusion of Wood in the starting line up. In addition to the hopeful improvement in our defensive lot brought by Wood, I think Keogh can offer us even more penetration than Christie going forward, certainly in the short term (not discounting Christie's assist record and the fact this is a strength).

Sutty

Attacking from full-back is very different to attacking from wide midfield. I remember we tried Fox on the left of midfield a few times, it didn't work at all.

Coming from RB, Christie can run at pace from deep, make overlapping runs, and put in crosses from deep. As a RM he'd be marked more tightly, and would be attempting to cross from the by-line, totally different skill-set required.

I accept that he played there when he was younger, but he played CB at Hinckley and was unimpressive by all accounts. McPake was a striker when he was younger, but I wouldn't be picking him as the answer to our goalscoring problems.

He's playing RB because that's his best position.

skyblueben83

I think Christie's crossing is top drawer so playing him wide right would be interesting and maybe work well. He's strong, tricky and can really whip one in.

CJparker

Possible team:

-----------Murphy/Dunn------------
----------Clingan---Bigi------------
Cyrus----------Baker--------Sheffers
--------------Juke------------------

No Gardner??

shmmeee

For that midfield I'd put Thomas with Clingan, move Baker wide left and have Bigi where Baker is.
McSheffrey has done nothing this season to indicate he's worth a place in the team.

Users who are viewing this thread