Cyrus being watched by Spurs (1 Viewer)

Grendel

I'm sure if he went to Spurs it would be another example of Shitsu lacking ambition and selling the family silver

Astute

W@nkers. Haven't they heard of NOPM? The least they could do is watch him away from Northampton.

Milky_1994

It's way to early for Cyrus to even move to a prem or championship to be honest, this is an example but look what happened to Wilfred zaha played every game for palace and not one game for man UTD

LastGarrison

It's way to early for Cyrus to even move to a prem or championship to be honest, this is an example but look what happened to Wilfred zaha played every game for palace and not one game for man UTD

What do you mean "Look what happened". Nothing has happened to Zaha.

Apart from the fact that he is now at, arguably, one of the best clubs in the world which means better facilities, coaching and the chance to train on a weekly basis with some truly world class players. It is hardly going to stunt his development and it's not a Wright-Phillips/Sinclair situation where he has moved to a club that he will not play games for. He will, in time.

torchomatic

This is where I think Pressley will come into his own. He's quite vocal when saying that players shouldn't move too early as it's not good for them. There have been loads of players over the years who have moved to big teams and then tumbled down the leagues again.

thaiskyblue

This is where I think Pressley will come into his own. He's quite vocal when saying that players shouldn't move too early as it's not good for them. There have been loads of players over the years who have moved to big teams and then tumbled down the leagues again.
Better be a good talker, joy " wants her investment back ".

jesus-wept

Southampton made a late approach for Christie when the transfer window was open, not sure the whys and wherefores but I believe Cyrus wasn't keen on a move anywhere yet, feels he needs to be playing rather than warming a subs bench.

andyboy81

£2m plus extras based upon appearance and percentage of any future sale.

Then loan back to us til end of the season.

be a good deal

RoboCCFC90

I can't see much truth in this, although I did hear Pleat was at Sixfields..

RoboCCFC90

been at every game.

Twice wasn't it??

Nevertheless they have Naughton, Walker, Rose and Fryers as full backs can't see what good from their point of view having Cyrus..

RoboCCFC90

i wish him well, walker and naughton cannot defend for toffee, would like to see a cov kid do well.

I'd love to see him do well too as with any of our other young lads, however this is just speculation and there is nothing to say that Cyrus won't sign a new deal.

thaiskyblue

I'd love to see him do well too as with any of our other young lads, however this is just speculation and there is nothing to say that Cyrus won't sign a new deal.[/QUO
i think it will depend on what his agent is saying and doing, unfortunately this is modern football.

Hobo

People are scouting all the time, looking for potential, measuring development.
How many games were played on Sunday? An opportunity no more and Brentford were on the pitch too.

Don't read too much in to it!

Tommy Docherty went to a match once to run his eye over a player lots of clubs were interested in. He said to Bill Shankley "A hundred thousand wouldn't buy him."
Shankley, " Yes and I'm one of them!"

Given his current wages and what he would likely be offered even by a Championship level club he'll be gone come January unless he sticks it out until the end of the season in which case he'll benefit from a decent signing on fee.
He is certainly our most saleable asset and sadly money talks in football. That's why hedge funds 'invest' in the sport, sorry business.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Am I the only one who thinks Christie is overrated? Ok he is decent for us but do people really think he is or will ever be good enough for a team like Spurs?

He got torn apart by Vale a few weeks ago and made a howler yesterday, not that this makes him a bad player but I have doubts that he would cope in the premier league.

Am I the only one who thinks Christie is overrated? Ok he is decent for us but do people really think he is or will ever be good enough for a team like Spurs?

He got torn apart by Vale a few weeks ago and made a howler yesterday, not that this makes him a bad player but I have doubts that he would cope in the premier league.

I wouldn't necessarily say he is premiership standard but certainly a good Championship level player. His sheer pace makes him what he is and together with Blair Adams are probably the best attacking full backs in this division. Having said that they both are a bit suspect defensively.

letsallsingtogether

I wouldn't necessarily say he is premiership standard but certainly a good Championship level player. His sheer pace makes him what he is and together with Blair Adams are probably the best attacking full backs in this division. Having said that they both are a bit suspect defensively.

yes and that is there job first,,,,,,

Users who are viewing this thread