Cyrille Regis Tribute for MK Dons FA Cup Game? (1 Viewer)

CCFC54321

Apologies if this has been covered but is there anything happening for the big man at MK Dons?

Being an FA Cup game and Cyrille helped give us our greatest day shouldn’t we be recognising this?

Apologies again if this has already been covered?

Sky Blue Harry H

I like the 9 minute option of applause - should go down well (and 'one Cyrille Regis' will inevitably follow)

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Nice touch but-

9th minute being 8:00-8:59

Or do people mean

9:00-9:59?

Genuine question as I remember City fans making a mess of holding up the SISU out posters at arsenal (4 years ago today).

Nick

Administrator
Nice touch but-

9th minute being 8:00-8:59

Or do people mean

9:00-9:59?

Genuine question as I remember City fans making a mess of holding up the SISU out posters at arsenal (4 years ago today).
Yeah gets very messy doesn't it going off the score board. Ends up getting confused

JimmyHillsbeard

The 9th minute is 8:00-8:59. Obvs.
To my mind the 87th minute is too late and cd go wrong (I’m still convinced that Oldham equalised because of the Jimmy Hill tribute a couple of years ago)

CCFC54321

Let’s try and keep it simple- most supporters will be expecting it to commence at the turn of the clock at 9 mins not before. Same as the 87th minute.

Covstu

I do love threads when people try and organise these ! I think at 9 mins we should do the conga around the stand

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

The 9th minute is 8:00-8:59. Obvs.
To my mind the 87th minute is too late and cd go wrong (I’m still convinced that Oldham equalised because of the Jimmy Hill tribute a couple of years ago)

Yeah exactly but most people would start wrongly when the scoreboard hits 9, this is Cov fans after all.

Hugh Jarse

Can I ask you politely to show some respect.

Thank you.

Cyrille got a brilliant tribute from the fans last Saturday. Looks like we are going to it again against MK Dons at the weekend and I don't have a beef with that. But, and this was the question, where does it end? Do we do it for the next 9 games (God help us if somewhere says for the next 87 games!).

JimmyHillsbeard

Cyrille got a brilliant tribute from the fans last Saturday. Looks like we are going to it again against MK Dons at the weekend and I don't have a beef with that. But, and this was the question, where does it end? Do we do it for the next 9 games (God help us if somewhere says for the next 87 games!).

Personally I think something in the first home game after his death (done) and something in the next game which happens to be in the FA Cup (the competition for which he is best remembered for us nationally) is appropriate and sufficient.

NortonSkyBlue

watching in ifollow last Saturday I must admit I did get a little emotional when the crowd started clapping.
Moving on to further tributes, I have long held the view that as a club we could do with a bit more identity and stand out, especially in our current circumstances as a tenant, in division 4 and hopefully with the trajectory upwards from here on in.
I would love to see a hall of past players/managers banners alongside JH perhaps one a season starting with Cyrille Regis. Thinking out loud paid and voted for by supporters(or when enough money was in the pot to create a banner)
To start the ball rolling I would suggest having a Clarrie Bourton and Reg Matthews and George Mason as the starting point as none/few of us would have seen them in the flesh but they are acknowledged as Coventry City legends.
That would be my input into what to do for a tribute to Cyrille.

JimmyHillsbeard

In fairness the club tried to do something along these lines w the Garden of Remembrance and the Walls at the Ricoh. I can’t even remember where my ‘brick’ is to be honest and haven’t found it the last few times I looked.

Users who are viewing this thread