Cycling the 92 grounds for Charity (1 Viewer)

Dave+Pete92

What We Are Doing:
My mate and I (19 and 20 year old lads) are going to be cycling to all 92 football grounds next summer in the quickest time we can possibly achieve. It is set to be a grueling challenge with well over 2,000 miles to be cycled, of which we will be aiming to complete anywhere between 50 and 100 miles everyday for just over a month.

Why Were Doing It:
My step-brother died of a rare form of cancer in 2010 at the age of 25 following just a one year battle. Since then we formed a family charity, known as Edgar's Gift, which aims to raise money to enable us to provide special days out, unique experiences and luxury gifts for young adults aged 18-30 who are suffering from cancer. Through this event we intend to raise significant awareness of the charity as well as raise money to try and help bring a little bit more light into the battle of cancer sufferers.

If you would be willing to take a second to 'like' the charity on Facebook and 'follow us' on Twitter that would help significantly:
http://www.facebook.com/Edgarsgift https://twitter.com/#!/Edgarsgift

We will also be creating a blog closer to the time that will be posted for people interested in following our progress.

Also, a route is being created now and as soon as it is finished this will also be uploaded on here, and anyone that is interesting in cycling any of the legs with us two are more than welcome and please don't hesitate to contact.

I want to make this as big as possible so any help/support/suggestions that you may have please leave a comment or get in touch.

Thank You

Brighton Sky Blue

I'm doing a long distance walking challenge of my own this summer-if you want any help with the planning side of things I'd be more than happy to help.

Dave+Pete92

I'm doing a long distance walking challenge of my own this summer-if you want any help with the planning side of things I'd be more than happy to help.

Sounds really good mate, where will you be going?
And I'll let you know if there's anything you can do, mainly just spreading the word to raise awareness of the charity at the minute but that is fantastic of you to offer so thank you!
I'll keep you informed

Brighton Sky Blue

Sounds really good mate, where will you be going?
And I'll let you know if there's anything you can do, mainly just spreading the word to raise awareness of the charity at the minute but that is fantastic of you to offer so thank you!
I'll keep you informed

It's a 520 mile challenge-so 460 from Brighton up to Yorkshire, followed by an extra 60 from Edinburgh to St Andrews (uni). Been in training and planning for months now so if I can help in anyway do get in touch :)

Users who are viewing this thread