Cyber supporters (1 Viewer)

Wallace

With some of you on 1000 or more postings you must feel like real supporters - cyber that is. You guys criticize SISU for not parting with cash but neither do you. If some of you spent as much time earning money to go see a game as you do whining on here you'd be able to call yourself real supporters.

Wallace

Sutty. Most people I know who go to games don't whinge like the whiners on here. I think you can add the constructive thread from this site, in day, on one hand. I'm not making out that fans who dont go to games arent loyal but i dont see the point in not attending and just being negative. WE DONT NEED THOSE PEOPLE

Nonleagueherewecome

With some of you on 1000 or more postings you must feel like real supporters - cyber that is. You guys criticize SISU for not parting with cash but neither do you. If some of you spent as much time earning money to go see a game as you do whining on here you'd be able to call yourself real supporters.

I'm a season ticket holder. And how are you to know I don't post whilst at work? Bang out of order post on a night when we're all feeling low. Thanks for your contribution.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
So you are Judge, Jury and Executioner eh Pal? I bet I've been to more games than you have EVER been to! I just happen to have moved to the Isle of Wight to enjoy retirement, so can't get to games anymore, but that doesn't mean I can't have an opinion on a team I've supported for almost 50 years since I was a 10 year old! Keep your ordering around to yourself. You don't have the right to judge others! :mad:

flammablepiss

Facebook User
I don't go to an awful lot of games but I remain positive as much as I can and only whine to my friends for the dignity of the forum.
If anything the real "whiners" on here are ones that go to a lot of games and live in the Coventry area... Think about it! Those are the ones within the area putting up with it over and over, not to mention all the rival club fans abuse.
Yes it annoys the hell out of me all of this negativity but I try not to complain at those who "whine" because they are allowed to... I say kudos for sticking with your club... The whiners we need as well :D

wingy

We are a broad spectrum of sky blue just like society,you remind me of thatcher there is no such thing as society

rob9872

I'm a season ticket holder. And how are you to know I don't post whilst at work? Bang out of order post on a night when we're all feeling low. Thanks for your contribution.

He wasn't talking to you. Only 969 and counting :)

ccfcway

I live abroad and its the ONE thing i miss about England, not seeing teh Sky Blues...

Thanks for saying I'm not a fan !!

muppet !

Oh, BTW, I still get to 10 games a season

You sad muppet Wallace. I have missed one home match last season and this. I have every right to moan that last night's performance was below par. Maybe you have only seen the last two matches which is why you have nothing to compare against, therefore strangely thinking last night was a good perfomance!

You complete and utter idiot. Have you just lost your job? Wife left you? Realised your a sad twat? Something has obviously gone wrong in your life for you to feel the need to have a pop at a couple thousand faceless people on the internet.

Tell us your seat number and we will let you know who is at the next home game, when we come over and introduce ourselves.

Glenn Storer

Bang on the spot Nonleague, season ticket holder, post at work. What else are we supposed to do?

TAKE MY MONEY SISU HERE IS MY WALLET HAVE IT ALL, MY BANK DETAILS ARE IN THERE, PLEASE JUST REMEMBER TO CANCEL MY BABES WEEKLY.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
how does following your team from a distance stop you from having an opinion? Why do opinions have to be only positive? Why is an opinion only valid if you were physically there? What gives you any right at all to judge anothers opinions less valid?

answers ..... it doesnt.... they dont.... it isnt ..... you dont

just my opinion ............ not less valid than anyone else's, certainly wont be judged on it either even if it does add to my tally of cyber posts:facepalm:

CovisGod

Utter rubbish,

I'm a life long Cov fan that lives in Norfolk. I work weekends and get to as many games as humanly possible, I have a two year old daughter and bills to pay....Excuse me for not having a season ticket ! Both me and my Daughter have home and away shirts...

Talk about tarring everyone with the same brush, why would half the people on here that live in Cov want to go and watch the shower that we had out last night anyway !

PUSB

CovisGod / Obviously not a "Real" Cov fan.

Scott 79

this thread is comedy - do you really believe using internet forums and making money are mutually exclusive! plank!

and there's not so much as a sniff of evidence on this site to prove who does and doesn't attend games! i've been to every game this season - home and away

this thread is comedy - do you really believe using internet forums and making money are mutually exclusive! plank!

and there's not so much as a sniff of evidence on this site to prove who does and doesn't attend games! i've been to every game this season - home and away

But you don't have 1000+ posts so you count as a real supporter in Wally's mixed up world.

skybluelee

Up until 3 years ago when my first daughter was born I used to make it to most Saturday home games from Weymouth (360 mile trip). Like covisgod states it becomes more difficult to make a lot of games from afar when you have small children due to the finances and time involved. However, I live and breath this Club and when old enough my girls will travel up with me to games.

You don't have to attend away matches on a Monday night in Ipswich to be classified a real fan. If anything it takes more commitment to sit in a pub in Weymouth by yourself in a Cov shirt watching your side get hammered AGAIN to accompanying piss taking comments from complete strangers sat nearby!

CovisGod

If anything it takes more commitment to sit in a pub in Weymouth by yourself in a Cov shirt watching your side get hammered AGAIN to accompanying piss taking comments from complete strangers sat nearby!

THIS !

Attempting to get the bar staff of the local to put Cov v Derby on when there was 5 people sat in United shirts wanting to watch that game instead was a difficult one !

bamalamafizzfazz

I am a season ticket holder and I live in Coventry in my own house. I work shifts including weekends for good money. Book holidays, swap shifts and basically do whatever I need to to get to the Ricoh for a game. Try to go to as many away games as I can too. Made five last season and hitting my first this season at Brighton in November (booked weekend off work).
Getting married this time next year and in my initial demands said I don't want it to be a Saturday in case the City are at home.
I, like others spend a heavy amount of time on this site both at work and at home because I simply care about the life of our team and am desperate for news of good fortune on the horizon. Not quite at a 1000 posts yet but it won't be long.
I agree that sometimes we do have fans that should go to the games more often but I understand when someone stops going as they don't enjoy it anymore. You have to appreciate though that a lot of people have other commitments in their lives. We would all rather be at every game home and away but just don't have the time or finances to live such a lifestyle.
So we will follow our team on this forum from all sides of the globe sharing stories and opinions through good times amd bad. If the team plays shit we'll say they played shit mainly to fill in those who can't go. If they have a good game then we'll do the same.
Having idiots like you who try to alienate people just because they don't have the same priorities and values as you is counter productive to what the rest of the Sky Blue Army want to achieve on this forum.

egastap

Wallace: I guess you're feeling pretty low today judging by your thread....well, we all feeling a little disillusioned due to the abysmal showing of our team yesterday. However, that does not give you the right to criticise people who, for one reason or another, cannot make it to the live games. I for one, have not even attended the Ricoh to see a game, in fact, the last live City game I saw was against Chelsea, in 2000/2001. I live 3,500 miles away, and as I am no longer allowed to fly I will NEVER see the Ricoh.....but I've got over that. I've supported the City since 1956...which is probably W A Y before you were born. Being a fan is , I'm afraid, in the blood....and isn't whether or not you see every game... home and/or away.
Sure, there are people on this forum who are annoying, childish and just downright offensive, but do you know, they have a right to their opinions, just as much as you or I. For those I cannot be bothered with, I cast these into my Ignore List, so I don't have to worry about ever seeing their opinions again. I'm sure you will reflect on some of the 'wiser' comments that your fellow SBTer's have given in response to your thread, and perhaps you will take a more cautious approach in the future.

You do know what happened to your namesake, don't you? LOL

Il Pirata

When I first read the title I thought it might have been an ingenious way to fill gaps at the Ricoh. Maybe some of those Japanese lads who come can bring their sex robots and fill an empty seat.

Or we could take a leaf out of Triestina's book:

triestina.jpg

:confused:

Ashdown

I fully admire the fans who do still travel the length and breadth of the country and spend good money, especially watching what we have done for years now. I cannot justify the big money for many away games now and will try and attend most homes and half a dozen aways but I've done my time for 35 years now and spent a small fortune, so I don't feel guilty about watching the match at home on SKY with the family last night, besides I did Ipswich the year before last when we were beat 3-2 in the 7th minute of injury time and paid £33 for the privelage of the ticket and drove there and back in the fog alone. I think everyone could tell similar tales.

Sky Blue Sheepy

I fully admire the fans who do still travel the length and breadth of the country and spend good money, especially watching what we have done for years now. I cannot justify the big money for many away games now and will try and attend most homes and half a dozen aways but I've done my time for 35 years now and spent a small fortune, so I don't feel guilty about watching the match at home on SKY with the family last night, besides I did Ipswich the year before last when we were beat 3-2 in the 7th minute of injury time and paid £33 for the privelage of the ticket and drove there and back in the fog alone. I think everyone could tell similar tales.
Ha well whilst I can't account for driving home in the fog alone, Scunthorpe last year was a highlight. Wore thick footie socks to combat the cold (after the game was nearly called off for snow) then the snow soaked through my shoes and socks = mild hyperthermia. Still, great win, great atmosphere.

I agree that for those who've never bothered attending a match and do little more than see the results on BBC I have little sympathy with their moaning, but this thread is the wrong side of pathetic.

Wallace

OMG I can't believe you guys believe what I was writing. Two of my friends come on here and I was taking the pish out of them because they couldn't make it in the end.

FFS get a sense of humour will yous. I don't care if you never go to a game and whine your pants off. But I think some of you should get out more. OBVIOUSLY

Users who are viewing this thread