Cyber attack on the trust (1 Viewer)

christonabike

More like one of the scruffy fookers in the sleeping bags tried to log in to the site and forgot his password and boom! Security alert! Or he left his phone in Bargain Booze when he got back to Cov.

CV22SBA

If they have the IP address then its no hacker, if they know how to hack a website they would certainly know how to hide their IP address.
I can turn my VPN on it show i'm in Spain but really i'm sat at home watching City on iFollow!
Have they said what the IP address is?

Nick

Administrator
If they have the IP address then its no hacker, if they know how to hack a website they would certainly know how to hide their IP address.
I can turn my VPN on it show i'm in Spain but really i'm sat at home watching City on iFollow!
Have they said what the IP address is?

Says it has been handed to the police although I am not really sure what the police are going to do about it?

It's a bit strange.

olderskyblue

They are saying there was no breach or anything due to the "safeguards".

They said web site & survey didn't they? As you said, it's likely the email is on a different server, so maybe that's been hacked, and email addresses, passwords etc ??

Esoterica

Seems like Joy was waiting to pounce last week and steal the Trust's admin log-in when one of the bin bag sleeping baggers realised they were in range and tried to access the duplicitous SISU_WIFI_FREE network.

Nick

Administrator
They said web site & survey didn't they? As you said, it's likely the email is on a different server, so maybe that's been hacked, and email addresses, passwords etc ??

The survey was also on a different server to the website / email hosted by a company called Zoho.

Nick

Administrator
If nothing happened why the need to apologise for the inconvenience?

The survey is anonymous anyway isn’t it?

That's why it doesn't add up! As they are retweeting people now it is obvious they just want people to think SISU were trying to hack them, from their own location.

Would still be interested to know how they got the exact location from the IP address of the person doing it...

Liquid Gold

The person in charge of the Trust's twitter is a proper twat. Always retweeting one point of view and not others. Clearly have an agenda that isn't representing city fans.

Nick

Administrator
I wonder if the Telegraph would take it on as an article without any facts / proof to also insinuate?

Briles

Hackers don't use their own IP address. This sounds like a load of middle aged men who don't quite understand the internet trying to stir up a hornets nest by attempting to sound tech savvy. In reality they struggled with teletext.

olderskyblue

The survey was also on a different server to the website / email hosted by a company called Zoho.

So, email information may be compromised, but the web site and survey not? Doesn't that tie in with what they said? I'm trying to understand why you seem to be questioning this??

I know Zoho, it's a well used Company for lots of things, email, CRM etc. Used it myself.

chiefdave

The piece on the trust website and covmad read as if they were written by someone whose knowledge is limited to what they’ve seen on some TV show and has no basis in reality.

Nick

Administrator
So, email information may be compromised, but the web site and survey not? Doesn't that tie in with what they said? I'm trying to understand why you seem to be questioning this??

I know Zoho, it's a well used Company for lots of things, email, CRM etc. Used it myself.

Because they said nothing had been compromised but there was inconvenience for people.

It doesn't add up.

The statement says:
The Sky Blue Trust website and email system has been subjected to a cyber attack over the last few day

So, it's the website and email system....

Then they say:
We apologise to members and other contacts who may have suffered inconvenience as a result of this incident.

But follow on with:

However we can reassure members that our website and the survey have been protected due to the safeguards we have in place.

So if they have "safeguards" in place which protected against whatever they say happened, what inconvenience was there?

To translate that, it looks as if they have had some sort of "invalid login" alert or something like that.

Then you have this:

The origin of the attack has been traced to an IP address based in the Kensington area of London.

This has clearly been said for obvious reasons, how did they trace the origin of the attack to here exactly?

Then they say it has been reported to the police, what do they genuinely think the police are going to do? As I pointed out, websites will have hundreds of things in log files of bots trying to get up to no good, you don't phone the police about them all.

olderskyblue

They say the web site and the survey had safeguards in place, not the email system. I read it as email addresses of members and contacts may have been compromised, hence they could get "inconvenienced"

Although we're discussing specific wording that the trust have put out, which isn't always a good idea... ;)

CV22SBA

Says it has been handed to the police although I am not really sure what the police are going to do about it?

It's a bit strange.

It's a bit strange.
Very strange.
Because they said nothing had been compromised but there was inconvenience for people.

It doesn't add up.

The statement says:

So, it's the website and email system....

Then they say:

But follow on with:

So if they have "safeguards" in place which protected against whatever they say happened, what inconvenience was there?

To translate that, it looks as if they have had some sort of "invalid login" alert or something like that.

Then you have this:

This has clearly been said for obvious reasons, how did they trace the origin of the attack to here exactly?

Then they say it has been reported to the police, what do they genuinely think the police are going to do? As I pointed out, websites will have hundreds of things in log files of bots trying to get up to no good, you don't phone the police about them all.

I'm with Nick on this, it all seems very strange and it won't be hundreds of items in the log files it will be thousands.

But on a serious note why the hell is the "Sky Blue Trust" using a hosting company based in Leicester! Grrrrrrrr

vow

SBTrust have had the results, don't like em and called this hacking shit.

giphy.gif

Nick

Administrator
They say the web site and the survey had safeguards in place, not the email system. I read it as email addresses of members and contacts may have been compromised, hence they could get "inconvenienced"

Although we're discussing specific wording that the trust have put out, which isn't always a good idea... ;)

I am sure CJ or somebody else from the Trust will clear it up soon.... They won't have made a statement especially to make people think that SISU were trying to hack them, would they?

It's laughable really.

BigadamL

some moron from the sky blues trust has logged onto a shops free wifi and thought I know what I can do here!!!

The trust are a joke and do not represent my views. bunch of clowns!

CV22SBA

some moron from the sky blues trust has logged onto a shops free wifi and thought I know what I can do here!!!

The trust are a joke and do not represent my views. bunch of clowns!
I don't know them personally so don't quite share the same view on them but i would say that is exactly what has happened in one of them using an open wifi connection. If they release the IP address i can easily find the source so not sure why its top secret.

olderskyblue

I am sure CJ or somebody else from the Trust will clear it up soon.... They won't have made a statement especially to make people think that SISU were trying to hack them, would they?

It's laughable really.

I would hope not.

chiefdave

Was going to post it would be funny if SISU threatened legal action but I fear that may be the hope. Outrage at SISU attacking fans would be a nice distraction.

Briles

You cou
I don't know them personally so don't quite share the same view on them but i would say that is exactly what has happened in one of them using an open wifi connection. If they release the IP address i can easily find the source so not sure why its top secret.
You couldn't if it was via VPN

Briles

In which case how are they saying it originated from Kensington?
exactly, its nonsense lol. VPNS usually falsify location as well as hiding the original. Unless somebody has deliberately made it look like Kensington, which is a possibility.

CV22SBA

exactly, its nonsense lol. VPNS usually falsify location as well as hiding the original. Unless somebody has deliberately made it look like Kensington, which is a possibility.
Them naming the location is pointless. I'm sat in Coventry now but my head office is in London. If i go onto iplocation.net it shows i'm in London at the head office.

Briles

Them naming the location is pointless. I'm sat in Coventry now but my head office is in London. If i go onto iplocation.net it shows i'm in London at the head office.
Yeah exactly. There's 4 scenarios. 1 SISU tried to hack them and didn't hide the fact. 2 Somebody tried to hack them via VPN and it coincidently showed as Kensington. 3 Somebody tried to hack them and it was deliberately made to look like Kensington. 4 SBT are full of it.

I know which one my moneys on.

Users who are viewing this thread