Cwr (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Pete

Phone In

Clive can’t contain his excitement of a full house

AOM

Interview with Boddy as well, but mainly about the Birmingham game. Clive asked him briefly about any update on the Ricoh and what was said in the programme last week, but he said there wasn't anything to say at this point and they've been focusing on getting the cup game sorted.
Probably enough for people to get mad about...

Frostie

Interview with Boddy as well, but mainly about the Birmingham game. Clive asked him briefly about any update on the Ricoh and what was said in the programme last week, but he said there wasn't anything to say at this point and they've been focusing on getting the cup game sorted.
Probably enough for people to get mad about...

Well he's a "useless gimp" according to Tim Kalns.

AOM

Said about the elephant in the room being Cov being in Birmingham, but why weren't the local media asking and continuing to ask Wasps the right questions about the indemnity and are hiding behind the usual answers of NDA's, etc after your call the other week. Also mentioned why Eastwood wasn't followed up about his comments in that 5 year anniversary interview.
Stuart said they are asking the questions but that Eastwood might not be the one at Wasps to answer them..

Nick

Administrator
Said about the elephant in the room being Cov being in Birmingham, but why weren't the local media asking and continuing to ask Wasps the right questions about the indemnity and are hiding behind the usual answers of NDA's, etc after your call the other week. Also mentioned why Eastwood wasn't followed up about his comments in that 5 year anniversary interview.
Stuart said they are asking the questions but that Eastwood might not be the one at Wasps to answer them..
What did stuart say to that?

AOM

Pretty much what he's said in previous weeks. CWR are asking the questions, but the answers are that nothing has changed (changed from what?) and the NDA's in place from both parties. Still doesn't seem to be sure about if the indemnity is still there or if something has changed since the summer

SBbucks

Pretty much what he's said in previous weeks. CWR are asking the questions, but the answers are that nothing has changed (changed from what?) and the NDA's in place from both parties. Still doesn't seem to be sure about if the indemnity is still there or if something has changed since the summer
It was me asking that question, taking Pete's lead from the last couple of weeks. We need to keep asking it - it is the fundamental question. We need to keep pressuring the local media into doing their job properly.

stay_up_skyblues

It sounded to me like Stuart was basically saying, between the lines, the indemnity might not be an issue anymore and something has been agreed for next season. Perhaps it was lip service to avoid the indemnity coming up every week or maybe something is afoot.?!?

TTG

CovUpNorth

Getting the Peaky Blinders down?
FUCK THE WASPS
giphy.gif

Last edited:

SBbucks

It sounded to me like Stuart was basically saying, between the lines, the indemnity might not be an issue anymore and something has been agreed for next season. Perhaps it was lip service to avoid the indemnity coming up every week or maybe something is afoot.?!?

You might be right, but I don't like these whispers and hints; if they know something, or have heard something, it is their duty as impartial local journalists (especially the BBC) to follow it up doggedly and report on it (i.e. not just accept the "NDA" excuse). Obviously I have no expectations that the Telegraph will do anything; that rag lost any pretensions of serious journalism long ago.
I think somebody from this forum should be on the CWR phone-in every week asking the questions and pursuing it. Don't let it be brushed under the carpet. Who is going to be next?

Irish Sky Blue

I think that sometimes he tries to leave things hanging in the air, almost saying ‘well, I know a bit more about this but I can’t really say’ when the reality is that he doesn’t really like the topic. He also changed the subject pretty quickly.
The truth is that no one seems to pin Wasps down. That fifth anniversary interview was the ideal opportunity to ask the right follow up question (as SBucks mentioned), but the useless interviewer didn’t do it. I think this topic needs to be raised on the phone in as often as possible.

Irish Sky Blue

You might be right, but I don't like these whispers and hints; if they know something, or have heard something, it is their duty as impartial local journalists (especially the BBC) to follow it up doggedly and report on it (i.e. not just accept the "NDA" excuse). Obviously I have no expectations that the Telegraph will do anything; that rag lost any pretensions of serious journalism long ago.
I think somebody from this forum should be on the CWR phone-in every week asking the questions and pursuing it. Don't let it be brushed under the carpet. Who is going to be next?
Sorry, just read this.Sorry for repeating things you just said. (But great minds think alike!).

RegTheDonk

It was me asking that question, taking Pete's lead from the last couple of weeks. We need to keep asking it - it is the fundamental question. We need to keep pressuring the local media into doing their job properly.

I thought you were really level headed and polite. It's great to see people like you and Pete from this forum put across sensible points in a very articulate manor. Some of the clueless frothers who go overboard when they call in, usually after a defeat, really do make football fans look like dribbling loonies.

Agree totally. May be just him trying to be the big I am, but Stewart comes across as he's in the know. He's broadcasting that via a public funded body and unless CWR have signed an embargo they should be passing on details that are in the public interest.

SBbucks

I thought you were really level headed and polite. It's great to see people like you and Pete from this forum put across sensible points in a very articulate manor. Some of the clueless frothers who go overboard when they call in, usually after a defeat, really do make football fans look like dribbling loonies.

Agree totally. May be just him trying to be the big I am, but Stewart comes across as he's in the know. He's broadcasting that via a public funded body and unless CWR have signed an embargo they should be passing on details that are in the public interest.
Thank you, appreciated. Stuart had asked me to come on the phone-in earlier in the week after we had had a fairly inconsequential Twitter exchange (which had started with me having a bit of a dig at CWR..)

Esoterica

I've been round Pete's house many times. It's a nice place but it's not THAT big.

Users who are viewing this thread