CWR (2 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
The eakin one is a Parody I think.

Yep Linnell's words were "I don't believe Wasps are insisting CCFC sign an indemnity clause. All they want is for an agreement between themselves and the football club that no further action will be pursued. If they do that, Wasps will welcome them back tomorrow"

He then said:

"There are one or two people out there who are putting things out on social media and trying to be mischievous"

Strange, Linnell is doing exactly that by putting things out on CWR. Both him and Neil are being very quiet.

They both need grilling about this. @CJ_covblaze also as he met them and referenced it?

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Lol lies Reid and James Alexander are up and running.

no need to get into arguments with them. Leave them to it and ignore them.

they keep playing the past blame game - not going forward

Brighton Sky Blue

He spends so much time cropping G’s head on random objects he should write a Valentines card

Sky Blue Pete

That was the one bit I was pleased with. I don’t care about the past or history or who is to blame. Don’t host the show on the local radio station and lambast the club after a 4-1 win away about not playing in Birmingham and that they should sort it out when you know there is nothing they can currently do. That’s what needed calling out

Brighton Sky Blue

That was the one bit I was pleased with. I don’t care about the past or history or who is to blame. Don’t host the show on the local radio station and lambast the club after a 4-1 win away about not playing in Birmingham and that they should sort it out when you know there is nothing they can currently do. That’s what needed calling out

Think that even Eastwood has said before that he knows Boddy can’t do jack about it. Mind you he also said he understood why SISU were pursuing the legals and had no issue with it. Then a few years later it became a problem...

tisza

Think that even Eastwood has said before that he knows Boddy can’t do jack about it. Mind you he also said he understood why SISU were pursuing the legals and had no issue with it. Then a few years later it became a problem...
If the EU commission thing went SISU's way obviously the Council & Wasps would then take it to the EU courts. Too much money involved for all sides just to walk away from.

chiefdave

Think we can safely rule out any notation that the indemnification was never requested by Wasps. They simply wouldn't have allowed the club to make statements placing the blame on them without responding if it wasn't true.

So from the basis that it did once exist you've only got two options. It still does exist and Linnell has got it very wrong, in which case he needs to make that clear on air. Or something has changed and it no longer exists, that's a simple yes / no question for our local media to put to Wasps.

Have to say I would find it very strange for Wasps to have removed the requirement but kept it secret.

Brighton Sky Blue

If the EU commission thing went SISU's way obviously the Council & Wasps would then take it to the EU courts. Too much money involved for all sides just to walk away from.

Didn't he realise that was a possibility when he said what he did?

Moff

Didn’t Linnell come on here a years ago and did some Q&A as if he was some celebrity?

Linnell believes his own press, that he is a cut above the rest of us fans who are just plebs, and he is the font of all knowledge. He cant quite grasp that even though he is a journalist that some people may know more or be able to express an alternative point, as well, or better than him

The bloke is a grade A bell end. Have never liked him since he was commentating on an Fa Cup loss away to Norwich in the mid 80's I think it was. He absolutely slated Oggy, it was unfair and over the top, and it led to Oggys wife ringing in to defend her husband as she was so upset and angry at Linnells words. As per normal Linnell tried to snake out of it.

shmmeee

Think we can safely rule out any notation that the indemnification was never requested by Wasps. They simply wouldn't have allowed the club to make statements placing the blame on them without responding if it wasn't true.

So from the basis that it did once exist you've only got two options. It still does exist and Linnell has got it very wrong, in which case he needs to make that clear on air. Or something has changed and it no longer exists, that's a simple yes / no question for our local media to put to Wasps.

Have to say I would find it very strange for Wasps to have removed the requirement but kept it secret.

It’s the clutchiest of straws but I’m hoping there’s just been some massive misunderstanding between the two.

As from the start we need all of them in a room being asked questions by a competent person. Good luck getting that though. One party always seems to pull out or we have an interviewer like Clive Eakin asking questions.

Needs someone who isn’t aggressive towards either side to do some non partisan digging and put it all out there for people to make their mind up.

shmmeee

Let’s all ring in this Friday on the point about the indemnity clause. Just a simple question everyone repeats until it’s taken. Pretend we want to talk about something else if it helps.

“Have Wasps asked the club to indemnify any losses? If so wouldn’t this bankrupt the club?”

If he says no, tell him that’s the sticking point and is he saying Boddy is lying. Calm, rational, not pissed or waffling or anything. Might work?

Sky Blue Pete

It’s the clutchiest of straws but I’m hoping there’s just been some massive misunderstanding between the two.

As from the start we need all of them in a room being asked questions by a competent person. Good luck getting that though. One party always seems to pull out or we have an interviewer like Clive Eakin asking questions.

Needs someone who isn’t aggressive towards either side to do some non partisan digging and put it all out there for people to make their mind up.
Down to the dean again

shmmeee

I think would be good also to discuss the reasonableness of the indemnity in the first place

It’s entirely unreasonable. No way could anyone accept it if it’s what CCFC have said. Asking Sisu to drop the legals is also unreasonable at this stage. Though asking for no more is fair enough at this point as it’s clearly vexatious.

All I want is an interview with Eastwood clarifying what it is with follow up questions about its reasonableness and the fact the current action can’t be withdrawn.

If Wasps are saying basically we can’t come back until the EC action is finished then let them own that.

Nick

Administrator
It’s entirely unreasonable. No way could anyone accept it if it’s what CCFC have said. Asking Sisu to drop the legals is also unreasonable at this stage. Though asking for no more is fair enough at this point as it’s clearly vexatious.

All I want is an interview with Eastwood clarifying what it is with follow up questions about its reasonableness and the fact the current action can’t be withdrawn.

If Wasps are saying basically we can’t come back until the EC action is finished then let them own that.
So what did the trust ask him when they met him on behalf of fans also??

shmmeee

So what did the trust ask him when they met him on behalf of fans also??

I don’t know mate. I don’t have the encyclopaedic knowledge of everything everyone has done you have. I’m not the trust. What’s the point in this?

Trust are shit. Media is shit. OK what do we do in that scenario.

This is like discussing the Labour leadership and everyone wants to talk about centrists and the media instead of where to go from here.

Sky Blue Pete

Yep I agree that’s very clear.

Nick

Administrator
I don’t know mate. I don’t have the encyclopaedic knowledge of everything everyone has done you have. I’m not the trust. What’s the point in this?

Trust are shit. Media is shit. OK what do we do in that scenario.

This is like discussing the Labour leadership and everyone wants to talk about centrists and the media instead of where to go from here.

I didn't mean you were the trust but surely they are withholding information from fans.

What's the point? They met with wasps and apparently asked these questions, what was said? They have some answers to these questions.

shmmeee

I didn't mean you were the trust but surely they are withholding information from fans.

What's the point? They met with wasps and apparently asked these questions, what was said? They have some answers to these questions.

Sorry. Having a nightmare day and am a bit on edge.

I think the trust are a busted flush. They’ve pissed Sisu off too much and frankly are pretty childish. I’d rather bypass them.

Nick

Administrator
Sorry. Having a nightmare day and am a bit on edge.

I think the trust are a busted flush. They’ve pissed Sisu off too much and frankly are pretty childish. I’d rather bypass them.
Even so, they have some of the answers we are after. They met with wasps and apparently questioned them about it recently.

Users who are viewing this thread